LeechBlock is a simple productivity tool designed to block those time-wasting sites that can suck the life out of your working day.
LeechBlock NG (Next Generation) is a simple free productivity tool designed to block those time-wasting sites that can suck the life out of your working day. (You know: the ones that rhyme with 'Blue Cube', 'Space Hook', 'Sticky Media', 'Quitter', and the like.) All you need to do is specify which sites to block and when to block them. You can specify up to 30 sets of sites to block, with different times and days for each set. You can block sites within fixed time periods (e.g., between 9am and 5pm), after a time limit (e.g., allow up to 10 minutes in every hour), or with a combination of time periods and time limit (e.g., allow up to 10 minutes in every hour between 9am and 5pm). With the lockdown feature, you can block sites immediately for a specified duration. You can also set a password or random access code for the options page, just to slow you down in moments of weakness! The sites to block can be specified using wildcards (e.g., *.somesite.com) and exceptions (e.g., +allowedsite.com).
- (2020-07-02) Ryan Buening: Awesome extension and love that it is open source.
- (2020-07-01) Siddharth Kulkarni: It's pretty cool. Please make it for Android too.
- (2020-06-29) Lea Mogni: U suck i hate u i was hurt by this stupid time limit im mad >:(
- (2020-06-28) Goldenryu Goldenryu: excellent life saver
- (2020-06-28) Marco De Nichilo: excellent for free, but i keep having instances where i need to turn it off because its simply wrong... eg, i got home, turned on pc (from hibernate) and the leech locked screen was showing, i clicked the link to go back to the site and it tells me I need to wait another hour despite literally just browsing to it. seems a bit buggy.
- (2020-06-26) Spencer Wagley: This has helped me so much!
- (2020-04-14) Daniele: A must to have Chrome extension. You can set up a time where you can block pages. Its very helpful in order to focus on your daily job or for avoid any distraction. You can even set up several time frame where you are allowed to visit certain pages or you can set up a time limit for your favourite pages. I definentely reccommed and definitely a must to have for avoid any distraction!
- (2020-04-06) Elang: Working as intended
- (2020-04-02) Rodolfo Ricardo: Excelente! Nessa época de Isolamento/Quarentena estou ministrando e assistindo aulas. Vez ou outro abria uma aba pra ir no Twitter, WhatsApp. Achei a opção de escolher os horários! Me deixa bem mais tranquilo e quando vou tentar acessar: PAN! Não rola. Recomendo demais!
- (2020-03-23) Geran Wen: Just, simply amazing. Straightforeward UI with almost full functionality. Love it.
- (2020-03-01) Arran Dingwall: Use it on chromium and firefox. This is, imho, more user friendly and better to use than the more known apps, and it's free. Also love the more powerful tools to totally lock things out from yourself. 10/10
- (2020-02-28) Kotov Dmitriy: Great app that is helping me be more productive.
- (2020-02-26) Max Winaker: This is and amazing extension and actually allows me to focus, I mean except right now I should be doing work
- (2020-02-25) Ira Sanchez: I was worried this was only on Firefox. Glad I can add it to Brave too.
- (2020-02-14) Pranav E: Efficient, bug-free, ad-free, free in general! Amazing customization, so many profiles. Literally everything you need for time management and efficiency on chrome.
- (2020-02-07) Sayed Husson: Excellent extension which helps me stay focused on my work and reminds me not to wander of to other sites in order to delay an important task. THANK YOU TO EVERBODY WHO MADE THIS SO MUCH:)!
- (2020-01-31) Nathan garpiya: This app saved me from my twitter addiction. I can't believe it's free.
- (2020-01-25) Derek Gurney: I've used a lot of blocking extensions, but none were as customizable as LeechBlock. As a result I was overjoyed when it finally came to Chrome. Thank you!
- (2020-01-16) Jaap Jumelet: Great extension, enjoying it a lot more than stayfocusd, which I had been using before this one.
- (2020-01-11) TheAntiCasper: Works as intended, great variety of blocking options
- (2019-12-30) 0P: i use it mainly to block those nasty pop up gambling sites that adblockers cant block. also i remember the older version of this extension had a shorter hence faster way to add sites quickly using the context (right-click) menu. now its one step more to do which is less convenient. it would be nice if there is an option for those blocked sites to close itself.
- (2019-12-27) Matthew Hwang: My favorite website blocker. Bit more technical to use, but that means more customizability
- (2019-12-05) Lisa Kalner Williams: Really helps me curb my social media use.
- (2019-11-27) Will Valdez: Super simple and does exactly what it claims. No ads. No hassle. Built so you can tailor your internet usage to your own needs. I appreciate having a tool like this available to improve my productivity. A must-have extension.
- (2019-11-09) Horst Dieter: Smooth and Smart, Thx