LeechBlock is a simple productivity tool designed to block those time-wasting sites that can suck the life out of your working day.
LeechBlock NG (Next Generation) is a simple free productivity tool designed to block those time-wasting sites that can suck the life out of your working day. (You know: the ones that rhyme with 'Blue Cube', 'Space Hook', 'Sticky Media', 'Quitter', and the like.) All you need to do is specify which sites to block and when to block them. You can specify up to 30 sets of sites to block, with different times and days for each set. You can block sites within fixed time periods (e.g., between 9am and 5pm), after a time limit (e.g., allow up to 10 minutes in every hour), or with a combination of time periods and time limit (e.g., allow up to 10 minutes in every hour between 9am and 5pm). With the lockdown feature, you can block sites immediately for a specified duration. You can also set a password or random access code for the options page, just to slow you down in moments of weakness! The sites to block can be specified using wildcards (e.g., *.somesite.com) and exceptions (e.g., +allowedsite.com).
- (2020-01-25) Derek Gurney: I've used a lot of blocking extensions, but none were as customizable as LeechBlock. As a result I was overjoyed when it finally came to Chrome. Thank you!
- (2020-01-16) Jaap Jumelet: Great extension, enjoying it a lot more than stayfocusd, which I had been using before this one.
- (2020-01-11) TheAntiCasper: Works as intended, great variety of blocking options
- (2019-12-30) 0P: i use it mainly to block those nasty pop up gambling sites that adblockers cant block. also i remember the older version of this extension had a shorter hence faster way to add sites quickly using the context (right-click) menu. now its one step more to do which is less convenient. it would be nice if there is an option for those blocked sites to close itself.
- (2019-12-27) Matthew Hwang: My favorite website blocker. Bit more technical to use, but that means more customizability
- (2019-12-05) Lisa Kalner Williams: Really helps me curb my social media use.
- (2019-11-27) Will Valdez: Super simple and does exactly what it claims. No ads. No hassle. Built so you can tailor your internet usage to your own needs. I appreciate having a tool like this available to improve my productivity. A must-have extension.
- (2019-11-09) Horst Dieter: Smooth and Smart, Thx
- (2019-10-25) Nathaniel Hamovitz: v affective
- (2019-10-24) Salil P: Perfect for my needs. - Exception list with wildcards works as desired. - Some extensions redirect to their own website. LeechBlock doesn't do that, so faster and more private.
- (2019-10-21) J Glynn: By far the best website blocker I've seen. Very customizable.
- (2019-10-15) Xin Hu: Saves me from so much procrastination.
- (2019-10-15) Tim Huegerich: Life-changing. Wonderfully customizable, well-documented, and reliable.
- (2019-10-09) Susanna Payne-Passmore: So helpful for working from home! Can even specify subdomains to whitelist, so I can still use Facebook Messenger for business contacts while blocking the rest of the website's distractions.
- (2019-09-27) Shiran E: Just what I needed!
- (2019-08-27) Raymond Pavlov: Awesome extension! Leechblock has really helped me with procrastination. The ability to set multiple block lists (up to 30 of them) is nice and scheduling them is easy to do. One thing I like about leechblock compared to other website blockers is that you can set custom block pages. A lot of other blockers include big obtrusive banners and "inspirational" quotes, while leechblock's default block page is sleek and minimalistic and you can change it to whatever you want. The ability to export and import settings is very convenient.
- (2019-08-26) Kaushalya Pradeep: Pretty useful extension. Better if you could also support URL blocking
- (2019-08-17) h bell: Much better than other blockers I've tried, good range of options
- (2019-08-13) Tyler Durham: Loving this so far!! Helps to keep me on task while at work!
- (2019-08-10) Yuichiro Tomita: There's no password, so I automatically have to do something else. This saved me from YouTube...
- (2019-07-08) Seth Greenberg: Works great! It may not look as sleek as some similar extensions (StayFocusd, Block Site), but it works the best.
- (2019-06-30) George Kolasa: This app has saved me thousands of dollars worth of time. Please keep updated forever :)
- (2019-06-18) コウ: 指定した曜日・時間における閲覧の禁止に加え、一定時間内の閲覧時間に制限を付けられる点や、 サイトと禁止/制限の組み合わせを多数設定できる点など、その自由度の高さが非常に気に入りました。
- (2019-06-05) May Nelson: Just got back at least two hours of wasted, procrastination time in my day, as in, I'll-park-my-brain-here-for-a-while and general uselessness for an excuse. Productivity up, Easy to use. Thank you for this extension. It's just sad to admit the lack of will power on my part to quit playing online sudoku and it took this action to overcome what has become an admitted addiction to finally focus on the important things. Thanks again.
- (2019-06-04) Karol Górski: Best of it's kind in limiting websites.