Know how you spend your time online. Insight by Freedom tracks the time you spend on websites, so you can improve your habits.
We built Insight to be a lightweight, privacy-conscious time tracker that helps you understand how you spend your time online. Insight tracks the time you spend on websites in Chrome, and provides a simple report so you can see where you're spending your time. You can drill down into individual sites and see your daily time on each site. - See time spent by day, week, or set a custom time window for any calendar period - Drill down on each site to see time spent each day of time period - Exclude any site from being tracked We've built Insight to be privacy-conscious. None of your data is sent anywhere (the cloud, our servers, etc.) It remains secure on your own device. If you want to become more productive, you have to first understand how you're currently spending your time, and Insight helps you do just that. With this insight, you can be more mindful about how you spend your time. Thank you for giving Insight a try. Insight is a product of Freedom Labs, where we develop new tools to help you balance your relationship with technology. Like our other extensions, Insight is highly privacy-conscious. Learn more about Freedom here: https://freedom.to Please note: Insight 1.0.0 is our initial release with Manifest 3 compatibility. You may experience slight differences in behavior due to the significant changes required to comply with Manifest V3. Please send us your feedback at [email protected] and we'll continue to improve Insight. Thank you!
- (2023-08-16) Ray Mohammed: I just made me realize how much time I waist online and on what. Thank you so much for this, I can say for me I aceived a lot. Thank you.
- (2023-07-24) Daniele Dizon: Suddenly stopped tracking my time since yesterday.
- (2023-04-26) Jenna Click: Does it only work with Freedom??! Tried both (Freedom first), but I don't want to hit "start session" every time for it to track. Also I want it to track my time using ALL/ANY programs while on my device, Freedom seems to focus mostly on "blocking" stuff. This browser-site-tracker didn't work at all since I chose to no longer use Freedom since it's cumbersome and not doing what I need. :/ Maybe they'll change/add features... I'll look elsewhere till then.
- (2022-09-14) Tomi Ayeni: I've been looking for something like this, to track the distribution of my time. Most other extensions are too cluttered, but this is both simple and effective. I also like that I can move/remove the running timer, but I wish I could customise which site it's on. Still, this is a very good extension! Thanks!
- (2022-09-13) Susannah: I like seeing where I spend my time online- very helpful. But the timer won't turn off, even though I have it turned off. It's annoying and distracting when I am trying to work. Please fix this.
- (2022-04-20) Sylver SCHORGEN: Great app that show me exactly where I spent time too much and what need to be block when working on deep work session ! Thanks for the simplicity and the quality of the app !
- (2022-04-16) Double Ohhh Seven: Very helpful and easy to use to track how I use my time online!
- (2022-03-09) Charlie Baldwin: Great extension!
- (2022-01-16) Bailey W: LOVE, love, love this extension == as well as other Freedom-related ones (Limit & Pause). They are making it so much easier to be mindful and manage Internet overuse. The only disappointment is that they aren't available for iOS, too. Thanks! bailey
- (2021-09-03) Preet Mehta: It's simply awesome! At least now I know what can I cut and save my time from! Also, there's one lil annoying bug (tooooooo annoying actually) If I accidentally hover the mouse over the timer the timer then litterally follows where my mouse goes :' something going between them I suppose Steps to reproduce: Just hover your mouse over the timer / click on the timer No workarounds found except to restart the timer option
- (2021-08-18) Marcelo Andreo: Amazing tool. We get the major picture about our online habits.
- (2021-07-10) Siddharth: Love it. At the end of every week I check my Insights reports and block websites that I wasted the most time on (using another software called Pluckeye). Weird how you never realise how much time you end up spending on random surfing, this extension is extremely useful in making me self aware and saving precious time.
- (2021-05-11) Isaiah Stewman: Super useful! Possible things that would be nice would be allowing the graph to show all sites and their trends, and maybe an "all time/year button?" I'm not sure how realistic this is, but I have two monitors, so the app doesn't track when I'm doing something else on another screen and watching a video for example, possibly a toggle for that would be nice, or based on sound playing idk Again tho, 5/5 extension, helps a ton with seeing what I'm wasting time on.
- (2021-05-06) Rob Stevens: EDIT: If you have issues with the timer disappearing, check the other extensions with similar timer (e.g., "Limit" from the same publisher)
- (2021-03-31) Bruno Schmitz: Its perfect for control our procrastination
- (2021-02-12) Joel Alanis: Not bad. Does what you would expect it to do.
- (2021-01-27) Rakibul Islam: amazing!!
- (2021-01-21) Claire - Klarit Golan: amazing, gives a "zoom out" picture of where my time and attention went, and helps focus on whatws important to me.
- (2020-12-14) Lucía García-Amorena: I loved it but it would be great if it could show a daily average over periods of time. Kind of more like the time of use for apple.
- (2020-12-09) Giorgio Tran: Great for keeping track of which sites we use the most, although it would be nice to have a grouping as mentioned by another reviewer.
- (2020-11-12) Sonny Recio (サーニー レーショウ): It was okay but lacking the customization to remove excluded websites from report.
- (2020-10-02) Jigar Amin: Awesome extension, thank you for making it! it's great that it automatically tracks the time spent on websites and compliments your other two extensions (Pause and Limit). I suggestion for improvement, could you make it possible to group websites by categories for example grouping all social medias and all news sites.
- (2020-07-29) Sweth Chandramouli: Would be great except that it doesn't honor its setting about whether or not to show a running count of time spent on sites; if you toggle that setting off and on it will eventually stop showing the running count on that tab, but that doesn't persist between reloads or browser reboots (even though the toggle itself might still show as off)
- (2020-04-08) Henka Dlalwta: It works great! I'd love to see the addition for different links when looking at past data, for example, when I want to see how much I used Netflix or whatever throughout this week, I'd like the link for THIS week be separate from the link with "Last Week", this along with a difference in when looking through a specific time period. A big ask, I know, but if you could do that, that would make this extension even better! Still giving it 5 stars because that's what it deserves.
- (2020-01-15) Jivan Navij: Great! But please let us have the option to save it to our (premium) Freedom accounts or at least to export them. Otherwise, all these stats will go to waste.
- (2023-07-08, v:1.0.0) Yazan Zaid: Can I sync Insight statistics between all of my Apple devices and not just my Mac?
Hello, I’m using Insight to track and optimize my time online and I really like it. However, I would love to have the ability to sync Insight statistics between all of my Apple devices and not just my Mac. This would help me get a more accurate and comprehensive view of my online habits across different platforms. Is this something you are planning to add in the future? Thank you for your great work!
- (2022-02-25, v:0.3.0) Andy Zou: UI Bugs
Sometimes clicking and dragging it "sticks," you can't put it down. You have to refresh the screen to stop it. Making it transparent or color adjustable would help, as it often will cover UI elements.
- (2021-11-28, v:0.3.0) Markus Knoke: Why does the extension need the right to read and even modify my data on all websites?
I am fine with it accessing my browser log but when I install it Chrome asks for above permission. There is just no way I can install an extension with that sort of access - even if I trusted you your software / chrome dev account could be hacked.
- (2021-09-06, v:0.3.0) Sabyasachi Mukherjee: How do I remove a website from the Tracking list?
I would like to remove a website from being tracked as it is one of the regular websites that I need for work on a regular basis, I would like to know if there is a way I could remove it from being tracked.
- (2020-07-31, v:0.2.8) OB Parrot: I have added this. Please tell me how it works.
How this works.
- (2020-05-26, v:0.2.7) Arian Vaziri: GDPR
Is this addon in compliance with the European GDPR? And do you send any of my tracking data to your servers or is it local?