Know how you spend your time online. Insight by Freedom tracks the time you spend on websites, so you can improve your habits.
We built Insight to be a lightweight, privacy-conscious time tracker that helps you understand how you spend your time online. Insight tracks the time you spend on websites in Chrome, and provides a simple report so you can see where you're spending your time. You can drill down into individual sites and see your daily time on each site. - See time spent by day, week, or set a custom time window for any calendar period - Drill down on each site to see time spent each day of time period - Exclude any site from being tracked We've built Insight to be privacy-conscious. None of your data is sent anywhere (the cloud, our servers, etc.) It remains secure on your own device. If you want to become more productive, you have to first understand how you're currently spending your time, and Insight helps you do just that. With this insight, you can be more mindful about how you spend your time. Thank you for giving Insight a try. Insight is a product of Freedom Labs, where we develop new tools to help you balance your relationship with technology. Like our other extensions, Insight is highly privacy-conscious. Learn more about Freedom here: https://freedom.to
- (2021-07-10) Siddharth Sirohi: Love it. At the end of every week I check my Insights reports and block websites that I wasted the most time on (using another software called Pluckeye). Weird how you never realise how much time you end up spending on random surfing, this extension is extremely useful in making me self aware and saving precious time.
- (2021-05-11) Isaiah Stewman: Super useful! Possible things that would be nice would be allowing the graph to show all sites and their trends, and maybe an "all time/year button?" I'm not sure how realistic this is, but I have two monitors, so the app doesn't track when I'm doing something else on another screen and watching a video for example, possibly a toggle for that would be nice, or based on sound playing idk Again tho, 5/5 extension, helps a ton with seeing what I'm wasting time on.
- (2021-05-06) Rob Stevens: EDIT: If you have issues with the timer disappearing, check the other extensions with similar timer (e.g., "Limit" from the same publisher)
- (2021-03-31) Bruno Schmitz: Its perfect for control our procrastination
- (2021-02-12) Zoin: Not bad. Does what you would expect it to do.
- (2021-01-27) Rakibul Islam: amazing!!
- (2021-01-21) Claire - Klarit Golan: amazing, gives a "zoom out" picture of where my time and attention went, and helps focus on whatws important to me.
- (2020-12-14) Lucía García-Amorena: I loved it but it would be great if it could show a daily average over periods of time. Kind of more like the time of use for apple.
- (2020-12-09) Giorgio Tran: Great for keeping track of which sites we use the most, although it would be nice to have a grouping as mentioned by another reviewer.
- (2020-11-12) Sonny Recio: It was okay but lacking the customization to remove excluded websites from report.
- (2020-10-02) Jigar Amin: Awesome extension, thank you for making it! it's great that it automatically tracks the time spent on websites and compliments your other two extensions (Pause and Limit). I suggestion for improvement, could you make it possible to group websites by categories for example grouping all social medias and all news sites.
- (2020-07-29) Sweth Chandramouli: Would be great except that it doesn't honor its setting about whether or not to show a running count of time spent on sites; if you toggle that setting off and on it will eventually stop showing the running count on that tab, but that doesn't persist between reloads or browser reboots (even though the toggle itself might still show as off)
- (2020-04-08) Henka Dlalwta: It works great! I'd love to see the addition for different links when looking at past data, for example, when I want to see how much I used Netflix or whatever throughout this week, I'd like the link for THIS week be separate from the link with "Last Week", this along with a difference in when looking through a specific time period. A big ask, I know, but if you could do that, that would make this extension even better! Still giving it 5 stars because that's what it deserves.
- (2020-01-15) Jivan Navij: Great! But please let us have the option to save it to our (premium) Freedom accounts or at least to export them. Otherwise, all these stats will go to waste.
- (2020-07-31, v:0.2.8) OB Parrot: I have added this. Please tell me how it works.
How this works.
- (2020-05-26, v:0.2.7) a v: GDPR
Is this addon in compliance with the European GDPR? And do you send any of my tracking data to your servers or is it local?