Online companies spends millions to keep you distracted. Block sites, remember why you visit, and don't give up your autonomy.
Online companies spend millions of dollars trying to keep you distracted on their sites. It's hard to stay focused on what matters in life when notifications and popups scream for your attention. Own Your Time will help give you a leg up keeping control of your browsing habits, even when Facebook wants to keep you logged on. Blacklist sites like on any other distraction blocker, but don't let the extension own your time either. You're free to visit your blocked sites whenever you want. Give a brief explanation for why you want to visit the site to discourage mindless browsing and encourage mindful internet use. This extension is in development, so feel free to suggest added features that would make your browsing experience easier to control.
- (2021-12-20) ekarron: Pretty good, can't block all websites you want to block, but still a decent extension
- (2021-02-03) Василий Камалтынов: Hi. Maybe add to allowed list, and block all other?
- (2021-01-25) Jeeyon Shim: I love this, but I have one error note: currently, the version I have does not block Twitter because the script notes it as ".twitter.com" rather than "www.twitter.com." If that could get fixed the app would be ideal! It's already helped me a lot with Facebook and other socials.
- (2020-11-21) Frozen Marshmellows: It soo good but it would have been better if it saved all the explanations
- (2018-11-08) The tiny step of forcing you to enter text before viewing one of your blacklisted sites is often enough to remind me of what I'm supposed to be doing. 10/10
- (2017-11-10) Tyler Fehr: It's really, you know, caused me to own my time.
- (2017-11-06) Daniel Diaz: I love it because its not so limiting that I can't visit certain sites when I have the time for it. Instead, it forces me to think about what I'm about to do when I want to procrastinate.
- (2017-10-26) Corey Hoffman: Novel solution to a commonly solved problem, not an easy thing to do. I like it.
- (2017-05-06) Jordan Hudock: I love it because it's so simple and easy to use. It reminds me to think about the purpose of what I'm browsing before I browse, and it does it in such a pretty way.
- (2021-03-23, v:1.1.1) Sami Mian: Just some little requests
Hi! I really like your extension. I think this is great. Can we please have a feature in which we can see your explanations. thanks :)