Online companies spends millions to keep you distracted. Block sites, remember why you visit, and don't give up your autonomy.
Online companies spend millions of dollars trying to keep you distracted on their sites. It's hard to stay focused on what matters in life when notifications and popups scream for your attention. Own Your Time will help give you a leg up keeping control of your browsing habits, even when Facebook wants to keep you logged on. Blacklist sites like on any other distraction blocker, but don't let the extension own your time either. You're free to visit your blocked sites whenever you want. Give a brief explanation for why you want to visit the site to discourage mindless browsing and encourage mindful internet use. This extension is in development, so feel free to suggest added features that would make your browsing experience easier to control.
- (2020-11-21) Miss Chanandler Bong: It soo good but it would have been better if it saved all the explanations
- (2018-11-08) The tiny step of forcing you to enter text before viewing one of your blacklisted sites is often enough to remind me of what I'm supposed to be doing. 10/10
- (2017-11-10) Tyler Fehr: It's really, you know, caused me to own my time.
- (2017-11-06) Daniel Diaz: I love it because its not so limiting that I can't visit certain sites when I have the time for it. Instead, it forces me to think about what I'm about to do when I want to procrastinate.
- (2017-10-26) Corey Hoffman: Novel solution to a commonly solved problem, not an easy thing to do. I like it.
- (2017-05-06) Jordan Hudock: I love it because it's so simple and easy to use. It reminds me to think about the purpose of what I'm browsing before I browse, and it does it in such a pretty way.