The extension that keeps you from looking at those distracting sites that keep you from doing what you need to do.
******************* Updates version 2.2 ******************* -Completely remastered UI -Now Master Foo Bar catches sites that match the domain of your list -You can now set a work interval where You Lack Discipline! will turn on automatically -Added a "Add Blocked Website" field so you can now add a domain yourself as well as click the "Add" button in the popup Have you ever been working on something on the computer and find that insatiable urge to browse Stumbleupon or Facebook instead of finishing that project you need to get done? If that sounds like you then YOU LACK DISCIPLINE! and you need the help of your wise mentor, Master Foo Bar. As you traverse the web, you may find a site that you want to block to keep you from temptation while you work. If so, just click on the You Lack Discipline! extension in the corner or Google Chrome and ADD the current site to your blocked list. You can then edit that list by clicking EDIT in the extension popup. When You Lack Discipline! is ON, it will redirect you to a reminder page when you try to navigate to one of the sites on your list. If you are done with your work, you can turn the power off by clicking on the GREEN button in the bottom right corner of the popup. If the button is green that means it is on and you need to stay disciplined! But if it is red, then you are free to waste time to your heart's content. Copyright info: background image from: http://imageshack.com/i/n9black1926j
- (2016-08-23) Meghna Chandra: love the strong message and functionality, but it's kind of racist, no?
- (2015-12-04) Jesse Gilbride: Works pretty well, with one exception: it doesn't stop working at the work interval I've set. As a workaround I can click the "Set Work Interval" button and then it works -- until I restart the browser. Since this extension hasn't been updated since 2013, I'm betting it won't get fixed.
- (2015-07-27) Brandon DeLano: Fantastic during the work day and during side-projects. Helps me refocus when I start to drift because I chuckle at my lack of discipline.
- (2015-03-29) Mini Queen: Actually helps
- (2015-01-21) Marcelina Meler: This app really helps me keep on track with my studies, and reminds me to not go on other sites when I am tempted.Even though there were some imperfections, I loved it and would reccomend using it if you are like me!
- (2014-07-03) AJM Campbell: Hate it but it's very useful! Could do with a less basic filtering system (E.g. I want to block iPlayer but not the whole BBC website) Also could do with a break facility. Other than that it's pretty good!
- (2014-04-19) Enara Bukhari: So helpful when im trying to revise or do homework! Design could be better :P
- (2013-03-26) Akmal Suweto: helpful, but the design is not good. haha
- (2013-02-27) Evelyn Garcia: Very helpful when I'm doing an assignment that requires internet access. Master Foobar makes sure I don't try to do something else online :)
- (2012-12-03) phly95 :: Good, but I blocked google and searches still go through the omnibar. Please fix this.
- (2012-10-11) Soledad Fernandez: Simple and powerful. When I get to use my favourite procrastination sites, the app appears, makes me smile and then I get back to work.
- (2012-05-05) this is simple and great for deadlines! some limitations: 1. when i'm using gmail and block the main gmail page, i have to add a separate block for the inbox page. 2. if i'm on facebook, it auto-refreshes with updates without master foobar kicking in. i cheat that way.
- (2012-02-28) Connor Pierce: Legit! Helps me stay focused on studying!
- (2012-02-28) Katherine Newton: Simple and useful, love this app and Mr. Foo Bar!!!
- (2012-02-28) William Le Fevre: This App rocks!!