Adds edit in Zed buttons to textareas
This Chrome extensions scans all websites for textareas and contenteditables and adds a little Zed icon to it. When you click it (and you have Zed Chrome App installed -- http://zedapp.org), Zed will pop up to edit the contents of the text area and update it automatically. New in 0.1.3: Gmail compose edit boxes are now also supported.
- (2015-07-23) Jim Tittsler: Very handy for the text field that is too big to be missing an editor.
- (2014-05-01) Nicholas Searcy: It's not much but super cool. And a perfect example of why it's awesome to have a serious text-editor in chrome.
- (2020-01-20, v:0.1.3) Alberto Pau: Autosave
Would it be possible to autosave or cache the contents of the textareas also? I was considering this extension to not lose textareas by doing ctrl+W / Q by mistake, but Zed only autosaves files
- (2016-05-13, v:0.1.3) Dan R: contentEditable
Would be awesome to have support for contentEditable fields. Mostly I'm interested in the NOTES for Workflowy... Thanks!
- (2015-07-30, v:0.1.3) Plugin not working with Behave.PRO plugin
Hi there, I am trying to use Edit in Zed plugin to write with the help of Zed editor and custom snippets within the editable text boxes of the Behave.PRO plugin. This plugin is integrated in JIRA and we are using it to write our automated bdd tests. The problem I face is that the little Edit in Zed icon does not appear so I am not able to write with Zed's help in that particular text area used by the Behave.PRO plugin? Any idea as to why this doesn't work?