Browse and download images on a web page.
Image Downloader Continued (IDC) ================ This is a fork of Image Downloader by Vlad Sabev (vdsabev). Original extension isn't updated and this projects aims to fill the gap. The goal is to fix bugs, support more websites (as many as possible), add new features and enhancements. Suggestions are welcome - please file an issue on github! IDC is not for sale, and will always be free, open-source, and without ads or tracking algorithms of any kind! You can find the source code here: https://github.com/kisdma/image-downloader-cnt Description ================ If you need to bulk download images from a web page, with this extension you can: - See images that the page contains and links to - Filter them by width, height, and URL; supports wildcard and regex - Select images to download by clicking on the image - Use dedicated buttons to download or open individual images in new tabs - Customize image display width, columns, border size, and colour - Hide filters, buttons and notifications you don't need When you press the "Download" button, all selected images are saved to the default download directory of Chrome, or to a directory inside it if you specify a subfolder name. WARNING: If you haven't set up a default download directory, you will have to manually choose the save location for each image, which might open a lot of popup windows. It is not recommended to attempt to download too many images at once without a default download directory. Change Log ================ 2.8: Improved image discovery and collection, many bugfixes - Added injection script to prevent pages from closing shadowDOM (that made images inside undiscoverable). Note: websites use this to circumvent adblockers - Added image discovery in shadowDOM - Added css style insertion to prevent adblocking of images added by IDC (affects only elements with class 'idc-image') - Added a listener to track DOM changes and discover intermittent images like webp (moving gif-like images) from youtube, or continuously added/deleted images like in instagram scrolling - Added saving the list of discovered images into serialized array in hidden tag on the page (disappears when page is updated) - Fixed bug in number of submitted downloads (was +1) - Improved regexp for better image discovery in 'style' tags (was missing some data:image urls) - Cleaned and moved to a function the code that checks and translates (if needed) relative urls to absolute. Used this function for tags where this check was missing - Improved an observer to make it discover more images from temporal elements like popups (extended the attribute filter list) - Improved image discovery in 'svg' tag - if it contains image tag(s), then returns images from them, instead of building base64 svg - Removed encodeURI() from the code that populates and accesses the image cache. Not sure what was the purpose of it since incoming links are extracted from tags where they're supposed to be already encoded. This was breaking links that were already encoded and had special characters escaped (discovered this on wikipedia - links with parenthesis) - Fixed a bug in parsing 'source' tag - added support of list with different resolutions in 'srcset' (1x, 2x, etc.) - Fixed a bug: duplicate youtube images addition in popup.js - Fixed a bug: incorrect urls were constructed when base url were ending with backslash - Fixed a bug in parsing img tag - Fixed a bug in relativeUrlToAbsolute - was returning "undefined" if empty input - Added discovery of links with "resize" command for a server in the query part of url - addition of links without the command provides images with higher resolution 2.7: Improved image discovery, bug fixes in code and design - Added parsing of the attribute 'srcset' and 'lowsrc' in 'img' tags - Added parsing of the attribute 'srcset' in 'source' tags (inside of html5 'picture' tag) - Added canvas to image conversion - powerful technique to extract highly protected images (not even showing in Resources tab of Dev Tools). Note: at this time added images will pile up each time the extension button is clicked. They can be removed by updating the page. - Added check for long image urls (most probably data:image) and placement of them on top of the page instead of sending to the popup (to be coherent with canvas-to-image conversion which can produce large strings of data:image/jpeg) - Added selection of text info-shortcuts' colour (combined in one option with image selection colour) on options page. Icons are colourized accordingly too - Commented out an obsolete code to open Options page after install and check for versions before 2.1 (in defaults.js) - Commented out the minimum width option since it's currently broken (not sure if it's useful) (in options.html) - Made max-height to follow max-width option (to work better if small image preview is selected) - Replaced zepto.js with original unobfuscated source code - Fixed flashing animation for download message (apparently it was broken since the switch from jquery to zepto) 2.6: Major redesign and improved image discovery - Modernized the popup look, images are placed on tiles with more image info, added tile color selection to options - Fixed several bugs, improved image discovery for many cases, including deep css parsing instead of broken styleSheets api - Added shortcuts to Reverse Image Search sites (Google, Bing, Yandex, TinEye) for each image 2.5: - Added display of image size and image file name (can be turned off in settings) - Added ordering images by size - two new options: 1) to order by width only (default) or by width+height, 2) largest-to-smallest (default) or reverse - Added scaling images vertically if they taller than 200px - SVG format wasn't being read from 'svg' tag - fixed - Added reading image from 'poster' of 'video' tag - Fixed background images being non-recognized. Reading styleSheets doesn't seem to work (to read from cssRules). Workaround implemented: fetching CSS files with links obtained from 'link' tags. Note: some sites use different second-level domain to store CSS, in this case fetch won't work if extension doesn't have permission for 'all_urls' (or particular domain). This just results in some images not showing up. Remove permission in Chrome Extensions if this is a concern. - Added maximum-resolution images discovery on Google Maps and Street View Photos (discovered undocumented api) - Added high-resolution previews for youtube thumbnails (including video of the current page) - Corrected regexp for 'a' tag's link parsing to prevent non-image links discovery 2.4.2: - Workaround for Chrome disallowing access to cross-domain CSS rules 2.4.1: - Fixed an issue where invalid URLs would break the extension - https://github.com/vdsabev/image-downloader/issues/23 - Updated Zepto.js to 1.2.0 2.4: - Added an option for renaming files before downloading 2.3: - Added support for BMP, SVG, and WebP images - Added support for relative URLs - Improved popup loading speed by searching through less elements - Replaced deprecated `chrome.extension` calls with `chrome.runtime` 2.2: - Removed the unnecessary permission to access tabs - Removed the donation prompt due to complains from some users that it doesn't disappear after the first time as it should; now, the options page will be opened on first install instead - Save the value of the URL filter - Another attempt to fix some sizing issues 2.1: - Added image width / height filters - Added a one-time reset of all settings due to some people having sizing issues - Removed the sort by URL option 2.0: - Added the ability to save the files to a subfolder - Utilized the Google Chrome downloads API - Implemented a cleaner, grid-based design - Clicking on an image URL textbox will now automatically select the text so users can copy it - Fixed a few minor display issues - Added settings for number of columns, removed border style setting - Added donation buttons on the options page 1.3: - Images used in a style tag will now also be included at the end of the list. Only images from inline style attributes of elements used to be included. - Added support for data URI - Several bug fixes and optimizations 1.2: - Changed the URL above the image to be displayed in a read-only textbox - Moved the image checkboxes to the top and added open & download buttons below each - Initially disabled the "Download" button and "All" checkbox - Introduced a few new options to hide filters, buttons and notification - Removed the body width option; the width of the popup now resizes relatively to the maximum image width option - Streamlined the design 1.1: - Fixed saving of minimum and maximum image width - Added the URL above the image itself and an option to toggle it - Added wildcard filter mode (alongside normal and regex) - The state of the selected filters will now be saved - Moved the "Sort by URL" option back to the filters - Added a "Clear Data" button to options page. While the extension does not use a lot of local storage yet, someone might appreciate the option. - Refactored a lot of code, especially the use of local storage 1.0.13: - Added a notification to let the user know that download has started - Added some animations and polished the options notifications a bit more - Fixed some event handlers that were being attached multiple times 1.0.12: - Migrated to jQuery - Implemented indeterminate state for "All" checkbox - The "Download" button will now be disabled if no images are checked - Fixed a bug with reseting options - now the user can choose to save the reset values or simply cancel the reset by reloading the page - just like it says in the notification 1.0.11: - Changed the download mechanism to support Chrome v21+ - Added an "Only show linked images" filter option that can be useful when you only want to download images that are in a URL on the page. 1.0.10: - Added a download confirmation 1.0.9: - The number of images will now be displayed next to the "All" checkbox 1.0.8: - Added detection of image URLs in anchor tags; note that this feature will not detect URLs that don't have .jpg, .jpeg, .gif or .png file extensions - it relies on a regular expression as to avoid possibly sending hundreds of requests to external servers 1.0.7: - Removed the desktop notification system that popped up when you press "Download" in favor of a text description that should feel easier to control (through Options) and less intrusive; this should also require less permissions for the extension - Added an option to hide the download notification; most people should understand the download process after only reading it once - Made some minor UI tweaks 1.0.6: - Fixed an issue with multiple unnecessary empty images 1.0.5: - Elements that display an image using the "background-image" CSS property will now also be extracted 1.0.4: - Added a notification that alerts the user when the download process has begun and explains where to look for the files Credits ================ Based on the Google Chrome Extension sample "Download Selected Links": https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/examples/api/downloads/download_links.zip Uses the tiny, but awesome JSS library: https://github.com/Box9/jss And Zepto.js: http://zeptojs.com Images: download.svg licensed by CC BY 3.0 from oNline Web Fonts http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon open.svg licensed by CC BY 3.0 from oNline Web Fonts http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon License ================ Copyright (c) 2019 Dmitry Kislitsyn, Vladimir Sabev Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
- (2020-01-03) Julio: easy to use, thanks a lot!
- (2020-01-02) Kairanya Paul: Easy to use and very helpful... Thanks a lot Developer Team plus all that are working to make this happen.
- (2019-12-30) ray tomy: If you make a function "convert webp to jpg/png", I will very glad and put here five stars. It is troublesome to convert every download.It is troublesome to convert every download. Everything else is perfect.
- (2019-12-26) John Russell: Opened on a Drive page containing several hundred images, it won't download a single one, just offers junk found on other pages.
- (2019-11-29) Cyrus: Beautiful. Just what I was looking for.
- (2019-11-28) Jun-Ting Liu: 同時可列出所有網頁上的圖片，還可以做條件篩選，再依結果清單對圖片做處理。
- (2019-11-27) dingane dennis: hi dmitry can you make it work for yupoo.com? (ie: https://x.yupoo.com/photos/3501236316/albums) works great on other sites thanks!
- (2019-11-26) FSC Development: It just works, very useful!
- (2019-11-18) Michael Kipper: Not only is this extension wonderful, but Dmitry is so responsive to feedback and is committed to making the app even better. I had some issues with a specific site and the way they were obfuscating the image sources, and he came through that day with a fix which I just tested and works perfectly. Thanks so much for being committed to this app!
- (2019-11-17) xxDrizzle: Works great
- (2019-11-14) Relocate Bulgaria: Works as expected, thank you!!
- (2019-11-07) Beto Teixeira: This app is absolutely perfect!
- (2019-11-07) 이퉤뷁: it's not work. when click the icon, program show me just craked letter only. ℼ佄呃偙⁅瑨汭ਾ格浴㹬 㰠敨摡ਾ††琼瑩敬䤾慭敧䐠睯汮慯敤㱲琯瑩敬ਾ †㰠楬歮爠汥∽瑳汹獥敨瑥•牨晥∽猯祴敬桳敥獴洯楡獣≳琠灹㵥琢硥⽴獣≳⼠ਾ††氼湩敲㵬猢祴敬桳敥≴栠敲㵦⼢楬⽢煪敵祲渮畯獩楬敤⽲煪敵祲渮畯獩楬敤獣≳琠灹㵥琢硥⽴獣≳⼠ਾ††猼祴敬ਾ†††潢祤 ††笠 †††洠牡楧㩮〠††††慰摤湩㩧〠㈠......... it same as image downloder... +when click the icon, program open litte window, but there is not image or massage, only showing broken letter and scroll. that broken letter is this. also it is not right chinese just Cannot be interpreted. ℼ佄呃偙⁅瑨汭ਾ格浴㹬 㰠敨摡ਾ††琼瑩敬䤾慭敧䐠睯汮慯敤㱲琯瑩敬ਾ †㰠楬歮爠汥∽瑳汹獥敨瑥•牨晥∽猯祴敬桳敥獴洯楡獣≳琠灹㵥琢硥⽴獣≳⼠ਾ††氼湩敲㵬猢祴敬桳敥≴栠敲㵦⼢楬⽢煪敵祲渮畯獩楬敤⽲煪敵祲渮畯獩楬敤獣≳琠灹㵥琢硥⽴獣≳⼠ਾ††猼祴敬ਾ†††潢祤 ††笠 †††洠牡楧㩮〠††††慰摤湩㩧〠㈠硰〠〠※⨯挠浯数獮瑡潦牢睯敳敤慦汵獴⨠ਯ††††業楷瑤㩨㈠〰硰††††業敨杩瑨›㔱瀰㭸 †††戠硯猭穩湩㩧戠牯敤潢㭸 †††映湯慦業祬›匢来敯唠≉䰢捵摩片湡敤Ⱒ吠桡浯ⱡ猠湡敳楲㭦 †††挠汯牯⌺〴〴〴††††慢正牧畯摮挭汯牯⌺㡥㡥㡥††† ††⸠牧摩 ††笠 †††眠摩桴›〱┰††††潢摲牥挭汯慬獰㩥挠汯 ................and so on
- (2019-10-27) StormBox: It works
- (2019-10-17) Vincent Lee: i'm so glad i saw your comment about you having continued this extension. i've been using it for a few years now ( i do a lot of graphics design work so i'm always needing to download resource images/textures etc. ). i'd noticed random issues popping up when using it lately... but couldn't imagine giving it up. now, thanks to you, i don't have to! thank you so much for your hard work!!
- (2019-10-01) White Paws: Great extension. Have a chance to add 'save to zip' option in future update by the way?
- (2019-09-30) Konstantin Fedorov: Best one! Thank you Dmitry for not leaving alone and improving this peace of software :)
- (2019-09-23) Susan Cendejas: Perfect! Downloads multiple image posts and also from private profiles.
- (2019-09-18) James Kippax: Superb stuff. Wish I'd found this ages ago. Saves me loads of time downloading images from the web. It does a good job of scraping the image links from pics you can't right click and download. Good to see the author continuing this extension.
- (2019-09-17) Nate Dentel: Works great. Open source is the way to go.
- (2019-09-07) Existenceisillusion: Best of its kind, so many features, and really works well. Options include reverse image search using convenient shortcuts, open in new tab, download (individual or batch), many ways to filter results, search, sort, and many more.
- (2019-08-23) Dima: Please do reach me if any problems with this extension and I'm sure I can make it work for your case! Thanks and happy browsing!
- (2019-08-04) Golden Eyes: The Best extension of its kind!!! Simple and great! All you need to do is Just click on the IDC icon or MORE Simply, use the Keyboard shorcut in chrome extension setting.
- (2019-08-03) iambong bong: Wow, Amazing! This extension is very great! I will recommend 100% guys! Thank you Dev!
- (2020-01-26, v:2.8) Bryan Villados: Yandex image downloading
I just installed this extension, with the intent of downloading images from Yandex. First problem is that it wants to download everything using the filename "i.jpg" which I believe is the default image name used when Yandex displays the image thumbnail. I do have the "Ask where to save each file" option turned off, but when I click download, it starts prompting me for every image, with the name "i.jpg" Second problem - The extension recognizes all the images - about 1,600 images. So I "Select All." However, when I put a check mark on "Only images from links", then the "Select All" goes to zero. My assumption is that the "Only images from links" option would download the image from the web site, rather than download the thumbnail. I want to download the source.
- (2020-01-18, v:2.8) Debby Ott: Downloading photos from website
I installed your extension hoping it would help with downloading images from my website, however when I download it converts them to a text file. I am not sure if I doing something wrong or if the extension is not compatible with my website. Thanks
- (2020-01-11, v:2.8) George Cushway: Gifs/Videos
Can this also download gifs and/or videos? I've tried but I am not seeing any of the gifs, didn't know if there was some setting I needed to change.
- (2020-01-02, v:2.8) Constantine Drosos: Keyboard Shortcuts
Greetings there. Great extension! Is there any chance you add keyboard shortcuts? Personally referring mostly to the blue rectangle DOWNLOAD button and/or to the single image download option. I have enabled 99% of the time "Only images from links" then click the "select all" and then I click the download button. If all that can be done with 1 click, using a shortcut, and personally attaching it to my mouse via logitech's G-hub software, that would be a life saver! Thank you in advance.
- (2019-12-23, v:2.8) Harold Crow: Resizing
Is there anyway to make the jpeg photos I am downloading smaller than 1 MB?
- (2019-07-23, v:2.6) Lone Star: Can Only Download Thumbnails
I can only download the thumbnails for a site. What are the settings I need to use to download the original image files? I was unable to download any images on Pinterest. Thanks