Provides a menu with your previous tabs in order of access - never loose track of you last tab again!
This is NOT a history extension... this extension is to deal with tabs that are open. If you close a tab accidentally you can right click a tab and pick re-open closed tab as many times as you like. Now with configurable keyboard shortcuts to jump to your last tab or cycle through the last 3 tabs you were on. This extension deals with SELECTED TAB HISTORY... when you have many tabs open which one did you have selected previously? This extension will help you there. Did you lose your last tab? The last tab you were on will be at the top of the list. Also useful to close many tabs quickly (click and drag with middle mouse button over the list). Fortunately Google Chrome added a feature that lets you shift click to select a bunch of tabs at once to close many. You can also click and drag the search results in the last tab popup to select multiple tabs, then drag them to a new window. This extension provides an alternate TabMenu. When you first load the extension you won't see any tabs. This is OK, because you haven't visited any tabs to create any tab click history yet. Click on a few of your tabs, then check the menu. You should see your previous tab at the top. You can click the menu very quickly and select the first option repeatedly. This should flip you back and forth between your two most recent tabs, no matter where they are in the tab bar. Search feature will search both tab titles and URLs, if you put a space it will have to find each word in either the tile or the URL. You can configure the maximum number of tab click history states that will be saved for each window full of tabs you are running. You can also enable a feature that collects icons for the page you view. If you view a tab too quickly its possible an icon won't be generated or it won't show up in tab click history. Under normal usage however, if you ever loose the tab you were just on and can't find it or don't want to look for it in a list, this is the extension for you, because it should be right at the top! Enjoy. When updates occur you may loose your tab click history. This extension provides similar functionality to Tab Menu but provides the key feature of showing tabs based on how recently they were viewed. Also can generate thumbnails (beta). Middle clicking to close tab menu items is now supported. A bug where closing windows could change tabs on the next window has been resolved. If you'd like to help please star this issue: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=37739 or Rate 5 stars below Configurable default functionality on a per window basis. There is also functionality that supports selecting the correct tab if you detach a tab dragging it out of the window.
- (2018-09-11) Maxim Gerasimov: Как долго я искал это расширение))) Работает! На самом деле со стороны разработчиков хрома это свинство - так долго просят реализовать этот функционал - они упорно его не делают
- (2018-09-04) Jay Kelly: Great but why not have a keyboard shortcut that the user can assign? Then 5 stars!
- (2018-05-08) Vitaliy Tkachenko: Works nice!! But, PLEASE! HOT KEYS!!
- (2017-10-26) Sergey Rozhenko: Does the job. The popup width is way too small, I had to modify the extension to extend it.
- (2017-09-23) Robert Martin: i ll keep it a few more day in the hopes that you can closed multiple tabs,and every time I click the LasTabz icon, i still get a "no history" o well i hope you know to fix it i in the hopes that you can prove it making this better give share your suggestions i just search for google general infotainment it 5 star
- (2013-04-25) Michał michalind: It works! I don't know, why it isn't a common extension to Chrome. Now I can close tab to previous/last active like in Opera. Działa! Nie wiem, dlaczego to rozszerzenie nie jest zbyt popularne. W końcu mogę zamykać karty i przenosić się do poprzedniej/ostatniej aktywnej, jak w Operze.
- (2012-10-03) olivier Roche: Very handy to toggle between the 2 last used tabs (ticking the option "clicking the menu simply takes you back one tab"). It would become a must to have if a shortcut key could be affected to this action instead of having to click on the icon...
- (2019-01-06, v:0.0.4.10) Conny Henn: New function ?
Can you include, if i click on the actually open TAB it opens the last open TAB ?
- (2018-09-11, v:0.0.4.10) Stand alone
Great extension. I had lost it and it took me hours to find it again. The reason is that I couldn't find the icon. I use the app for jumping back to the previous tab (which changes the icon). Many users are searching for an extension which does that. I would advise you to make a separate simple extension just to click on and return to the Previous Tab.
- (2018-09-09, v:0.0.4.10) Jack Adrian Zappa: How to configure keyboard shortcuts?
> Now with configurable keyboard shortcuts to jump to your last tab or cycle through the last 3 tabs you were on. I don't see anything in the configuration page that suggests this. Is there no way to have just a Ctrl-Tab MDI experience?
- (2017-10-26, v:0.0.4.8) Sergey Rozhenko: Popup width is way too small
Popup width is way too small
- (2017-04-30, v:0.0.4.8) CharlesVance Cole: How to close multiple tabs at once
Hello - How do I close multiple tabs at once pls? I have several dozen tabs open. Each time I click the close button in the menu, the popup goes away. Thanks, Michel
- (2014-10-31, v:0.0.4.6) Haydee Villanueva: suggestion
this is a good app. i like the viewing options. would be great if i can get an option for the actually tabs to reorder themselves based on the viewing option i select. also a way to bookmark a tab or all open tabs from the list. and at the very least. a way to reorder the tabs position on the list manually and have it actually change the tab order. that way this would serve as a tab menu but also last tabs, depending on the option selected.