Boost reading and writing confidence across all types of content and devices, in class, at work, and at home!
Wonderfully intuitive and easy-to-use, Read&Write for Google Chrome™ provides personalized support to make documents, web pages and common file types in Google Drive (including: Google Docs, PDF & ePub) more accessible. It’s designed to help everyone engage with digital content in a way that suits his/her abilities and learning styles. Read&Write offers a range of powerful support tools to help you gain confidence with reading, writing, studying and research, including: • Text-to-speech to hear words, passages, or whole documents read aloud with easy-to-follow dual color highlighting • Text and picture dictionaries to see the meaning of words explained • With speech-to-text, dictate words to assist with writing, proofreading & studying • Word prediction offers suggestions for the current or next word as you type • Collect highlights from text in documents or the web for summarizing and research • Create and listen to voice notes directly inside of Google Docs • Simplify and summarize text on web pages to remove ads and other copy that can be distracting Install Read&Write for Google Chrome to access ALL of these features FREE for 30 days! Teachers can get a FREE premium subscription to Read&Write for Google Chrome. To register and activate your subscription, go to texthelp.com/en-gb/products/read-write/free-for-teachers/ after installing the Read&Write for Google Chrome trial. Get more information on Read&Write for Google Chrome™ features, licensing, and pricing at texthelp.com/en-gb/products/read-write/premium-features/
- (2021-07-05) Daniela Sánchez: es excelente
- (2021-06-11) Zoomer: Im confuzzled, is it good or bad
- (2021-06-02) Marzena Nowak: Best one yet.
- (2021-05-24) Guillermo Reyes: Todo iba bien pero de un dia para otro es de pago, y la licencia no es asequible perdi algunos trabajos subrayados.
- (2021-05-18) FERG Yasuke: For those of you saying it doesn't work...I feel sorry for you because I honestly am not having any problems..
- (2021-05-17) Shogun: it sucks. end of story
- (2021-05-17) yasu: ottima per lo studio, la consiglio
- (2021-05-13) CuteLittleFishy :D: Extensions works and its a must have for people who needs help learning!
- (2021-04-30) finn: It refuses to open. I'm trying to opening to help me with my school work so I can get things read to me and it just will not open at all. It worked great for me 2 years ago when I used it all the time and I just re-downloaded it and it will not work whatsoever.
- (2021-04-22) Jay Goldswain: 👌 My💯 friend 👬here📍Justin👦🏻he 🤪 is 😛 already 😘 taken 🔞 🅰️nd he is 🤣cracked 😤 at Fortnite 🎮 my 👦🏿guy 👨🖥️ AWnnWn 🍆 💦 🤤 🍑 AuwWan 😩✊🍆💦🍆✊😩
- (2021-04-22) Tech Yeet: Is no-one gonna talk about how this reads, and probably stores, everything you write...
- (2021-04-20) Dylan Wright: three quarters of the toolbar do not work!(they are greyed out.)
- (2021-04-12) The weird roblox dude: I found I weird bug when continuing on Google. When I clicked Sign in with Google, it didn't go to verify its you and it closed the app. But overall it's a good app.
- (2021-04-06) Symone Tomlinson: works 10% of the time
- (2021-03-11) Emma_Cousinderp: the voices never know when to stop and when to go when I click the read aloud button. the voices are also very robotic. to those of you who are having trouble with it ON A COMPUTER, go on your extensions and just click it. it should show up. if that doesn't work, then reinstall it. I have been using this for about 3 or 4 years and it works perfectly fine.
- (2021-03-11) Random Person: It was good until I couldnt use the Write and Text tool. My teacher gave me the assignment I showed her the issue she didnt know what to do and I cant print out my work cause my printer is broken :(
- (2021-03-09) lonleh kitteh: this app was forced on my pc WITHOUT permission! my school barely uses it, chrome says it's dangerous and temporarily removes it. then it comes back, then my pc starts crashing 1,000 times and i suspect that this application is causing all the crashes. chrome was right and this is clearly a VIRUS! i can't remove it, i can't delete it, communist plot.
- (2021-03-05) Never Ever: It was okay. It's just that on random times it doesn't let me use some options . Like the writing tool. Overall its okay
- (2021-03-04) Will Bailey: I can't get rid of it, It's like a virus or something Help me
- (2021-03-03) ashton thirkell: its not good no not reomend
- (2021-03-03) Maska George-Cawte: bad
- (2021-02-23) smokzz gaming1: worst app ever never use it for work
- (2021-02-19) Caleb Fraker: good
- (2021-02-11) B1RD: it works fine just wish it could go on after you switch a tab i want to switch a tab and hear but it just stops
- (2021-02-10) Germán Villa: Extremadamente útil
- (2021-02-07) Cay: A pain to use. So there's the chrome extension, and the software itself, neither of which seem to work properly. They can't read pdf's, and the options are confusing and hard to work. I'm going to keep looking for something better.
- (2021-02-05) Carissa Belford: It is help me . Even though , I do have few problems but don't think is just because it at your end . I am a 9th grade story and sometimes has problems prouncing bigs word and hard vocabluray . I will attempt to reading at my own will . Then go over it get with read and write app . I knew my school used in the 8 th grade last year. Despite , I am doing this onsite , . I did have few problems when I was on KHan Acadmey . When it comes to those long passages on Khan Acandmey or Newsela it cause problems and changing the words . Just today , When I was on type on the Document called " Dream House Stockpile " their is a green glitches . I think those glitches . Last year through October 20 - Jan 30 I had a problem clicking on play button and when I go to another montior and computer combos and it will stop play 50% time the pause on it . A intresting for my family with computers : My dad accidnetally spilled coffee on his Dell Laptop but it normarlly will ruin it . It did exact opposite thing and maked the most unhaciable system . Depsite , Knowing that I have a hacker or I think I have one , I don't have any social medias accounts , or credits cards but he did help me couples time . He made the edcite not working for a little at time . He even help me finish the senetence for one that . I am also typing faster because I spilled nailpoilsh on J , N , B , M, and l keys on the qwerty keyboards.
- (2021-02-03) Riddhi Rathod: It doesn't even work when I want it to.
- (2021-02-02) Sophia Lee-Dadswell: This extension is really helpful when I am doing school work. Writing essays is significantly easier, since I am a slow typer because of all the spelling mistakes that I have to go back and correct. It allows me to dictate what I want to write, much closer to my thinking speed than when I am typing. Talking through my ideas is also excellent for continuing to form them, so that is helpful. There are a couple of issues that arise with it though. It doesn't consistently capitalize words at the begging of sentences, which seems like an oversight, and then it also randomly capitalizes some word in the middle of sentences. While I am quite excellent at reading things that interest me without assistance, I struggle a lot to focus on articles and books that are talking about things that I'm not already fascinated by, but the feature on here that reads things out for me makes sure that I stay on task, while highlighting the part that it is on so that I don't get lost. Love this feature! Also, the thing I didn't even know would help until I tried this is the screen mask, which helps direct eyes to one particular part of the page to read. The ability to highlight sentences with different colors is extremely helpful as well for finding key parts of the text later. I do really wish that this worked with PDFs though. My teachers frequently post articles or instruction in PDF form, and I want to use this for that as well, but it just does not work. Not even the screen masker, which seems like the easiest part to adapt for PDFs.
- (2021-02-01) Lilly stmartin: your amazing
- (2021-01-29) DIANA MARTINEZ: EXCELENTE
- (2021-01-28) Random Person: This app asks for all of your google things. It wants to have access to all my files. I don't think that is very safe.
- (2021-01-28) Yonathan Vera: excelente programa para mejorar los estudios
- (2021-01-22) TheProMan: Paid= no use
- (2021-01-20) Pit Bonnie: THE WORST
- (2021-01-20) jjk hg: Cool
- (2021-01-18) Eric Dunbar: Cannot disable. Even the "Enabled" selection in the extension no longer pretends to work to prevent it from popping up on websites. Pure garbage that chews up memory and CPU cycles and leads to browser instability. How can this company produce something that cannot be disabled when force installed?
- (2021-01-08) alex knez: i love it
- (2021-01-05) Wasssup360: Had a ton of free helpful features at the beginning/before the pandemic, but then decided to capitalize off the pandemic by making almost every feature premium. I am extremely disappointed with this extension and with google for allowing this to happen.
- (2021-01-04) Double Information: Plánujete překlad všech funkcí do češtiny?
- (2021-01-01) Preet Chohan: they are rude to me and doesn't work and i would like to sue this company for the time i wasted because my precious time is wasted i hate it suck my toes
- (2020-12-28) Raúl Martín Rodríguez: Cool
- (2020-12-20) John Azevedo: I never downloaded this. How do I get rid of it, it won't let me delete
- (2020-12-18) Andrew Macleod: rubbish
- (2020-12-09) StickyChannel 92: I had it installed on my school computer by the SCHOOL DISTRICT, but it only has 30 days for the trial. I disabled it via the options, because I can actually read and write without the extension. Later, I tried to open it up again, but nothing worked. Millions of times, nothing worked. I tried to delete the extension, but it was installed by the school district and won't let me delete it, nor won't let me disable it via chrome://extensions. I think it's useless. By the way, it is useless after the trial ends, so I would scratch that off.
- (2020-12-07) Kabery Saha: it worked for me
- (2020-12-07) studio 539: Aww, I had it but then when it said 1 day left, It COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED, And it's saying that I have it, still ☹️☹️ but I still like it, and that's why I want it again, PERMANENT.
- (2020-12-07) karmjeet dhillon: THIS APP IS HORRIBLE. IT DOESENT LET U WRITE WHEN YOUR TALKING >:( U CANT EVEN USE THE HIGHLIGHTER
- (2020-12-03) Jorge Chaparro: Excelente aplicacion
- (2020-12-03) theusernamed: havent used it
- (2017-09-20, v:22.214.171.124) Matthew Callan: Premium For Teachers
I filled out the form but my read write did not update to premium
- (2017-09-19, v:126.96.36.199) grate
its preety good
- (2017-09-18, v:188.8.131.52) Scott Medve: Kurzweil
I would like to open a Kurzweil document with read and write. Is this possible?
- (2017-09-18, v:184.108.40.206) reading speed
The speed is too fast - how do I change it to a slower pace?
- (2017-09-17, v:220.127.116.11) highlighting
doesn't let me high light
- (2017-09-15, v:18.104.22.168) highlight toolbar
Only the play, pause and stop button are highlighted and we are unable to use any of the other functions in the toolbar. How do we get the highlighters to work?
- (2017-09-15, v:22.214.171.124) Jeffrey Menzer: Saved PDFs with RW highlights
For the last several years, I have been using RW google to highlight, write over, or push pin comments on performance evaluation documents. I would mark up a PDF version of the document and could save it, share it and print at evaluation time. Recently, I attempted to open those previously saved documents with RW highlights...but the highlights, notes and push pin comments no longer show. Can you help me get back to to the originally saved documents?
- (2017-09-14, v:126.96.36.199) Deborah Jung: Integration with Google Classroom using Discovery Ed content and HP Chromebooks
Students cannot open the Discovery Ed article in their Google Classroom and use Read & Write to highlight and annotate.
- (2017-09-13, v:188.8.131.52) Read&Write for Google Chrome
I didn't add this and want to delete it.
- (2017-09-13, v:184.108.40.206) teacher needing read write
Hello, I have already completed the 30 day trial and want read write for educators. Can you tell me how to add it on?
- (2017-09-12, v:220.127.116.11) James Norton: Texthelp PDF Reader blocked by Administrator
I am the administrator and I am trying to add the new Texthelp PDF Reader to our settings for deployment but cannot get it to come up in the store. Students are getting a 'blocked by Administrator' message which they cannot bypass. How should I be deploying this in our Google Education Domain?
- (2017-09-11, v:18.104.22.168) Elizabeth Faherty: toolbar features unavailable
Hi,I had the toolbar put on each of the student computers at my school. However, when I opened it to test it, only hover speech, pause, stop and play are available. I want predictive speech, dictionary and picture dictionary to be usable. Help?