Boost reading and writing confidence across all types of content and devices, in class, at work, and at home!
Wonderfully intuitive and easy-to-use, Read&Write for Google Chrome™ provides personalized support to make documents, web pages and common file types in Google Drive (including: Google Docs, PDF & ePub) more accessible. It’s designed to help everyone engage with digital content in a way that suits his/her abilities and learning styles. Read&Write offers a range of powerful support tools to help you gain confidence with reading, writing, studying and research, including: • Text-to-speech to hear words, passages, or whole documents read aloud with easy-to-follow dual color highlighting • Text and picture dictionaries to see the meaning of words explained • With speech-to-text, dictate words to assist with writing, proofreading & studying • Word prediction offers suggestions for the current or next word as you type • Collect highlights from text in documents or the web for summarizing and research • Create and listen to voice notes directly inside of Google Docs • Simplify and summarize text on web pages to remove ads and other copy that can be distracting Install Read&Write for Google Chrome to access ALL of these features FREE for 30 days! Teachers can get a FREE premium subscription to Read&Write for Google Chrome. To register and activate your subscription, go to texthelp.com/en-gb/products/read-write/free-for-teachers/ after installing the Read&Write for Google Chrome trial. Get more information on Read&Write for Google Chrome™ features, licensing, and pricing at texthelp.com/en-gb/products/read-write/premium-features/
- (2020-02-10) Felipa Mandapat: it is not even coming at google docs!
- (2020-02-04) Justinxse: cool extensions, i really need help with my spelling.
- (2020-01-17) non-venomous venom: it doesent work sometimes witch is hella stupid
- (2020-01-14) xiong mao ._.: lmao ummmmm who ever made these things . for cbe should let us delete it like choi oi
- (2020-01-10) Magicpants 04: IT SO BAD IT DOES NOT WORK DO NOT ADD IT AND IT WOULDN'T LET ME PLAY FOETNITE
- (2019-12-18) Simone Bernardi: can not get it working after installing read& wright
- (2019-12-17) jason ezard: Had a problem with pages not loading because of this app fixed it by setting the app to only work when i click the extension. i had it set for all sites that was the problem, now no problems, i suggest if people are having page loading problems set it to only when it click this extension :)
- (2019-12-13) Fredelyne Alcide: Up until this week, i would of given this app 5 stars. However whenever I enabled the extension on my google drive documents and the "unable to load". So unfortunately, it has been difficult to use the app to proofread my documents.
- (2019-12-09) oihan maiz: Muy buena
- (2019-12-06) swap sans studio's: does not let me paste pops up the menu when i hit ctrl+v
- (2019-12-02) Mateo Torre-Bliss: im bored who esle
- (2019-11-26) Sam Van Curen: Great Piece Of Software And Especially Important Nowadays When The Internet And Browsers Are Still Catching Up On Accessibility!
- (2019-11-05) Chezz Boi: This sucks i only did 5 stars so people can see it but i hate it. i used it for EQAO and all it did when i highlight stuff it just goes "bread bread bread the man walked bread to the dog bread fall bread" when i try and read something with it lmao also i need help because my chromebook keeps freezing and my touchpad doest work plz help send help elp help hlephleplh BREAD
- (2019-11-02) Caitlin O'Malley: Literally won't work. I've tried reloading the page multiple times after clicking it a couple times, but it simply won't work. It does not work, thus I do not recommend this extension to anybody.
- (2019-11-02) MrHGKNB: Love it! The only bad thing is that sometimes it disappears. Apart from that, its amazing and super helpful..
- (2019-10-18) William Creech: It simply does not work. A waste of the university's resources, in my opinion.
- (2019-10-17) Kon'nichiwa land: Great for kids
- (2019-10-16) 10,000 subs no videos?: good
- (2019-10-14) Ingo _: generally the tool looks good and first test are confirm. But £150 for 1 year is to much for private person. Only students with big amount of resarch can use so often that this price that it could be a justified price. for most other people the feature could be sotimes usefully but not for a price of £150 for 1 year. because on this I could give max. 3 stars .
- (2019-10-07) Mathias Borgbjerg: great!! useful and it gives me money
- (2019-10-01) Nicholas: Doesn't work, and when it does it reads one word at a time, no matter how fast I set the speed of the WPM. Doesn't work on 90% of websites or google drive. Terrible, I expected better.
- (2019-09-29) Shalini Arjomand: Very useful tool for research work! I look forward to sharing it with the students I work with.
- (2019-09-27) Francisco Ronquillo: Trate de utilizar varias apps y o no funcionaban o se escuchaba muy mal, acabo de descargar esta app o extension y asta el momento me parece excelente. Muy buena !
- (2019-09-26) Michael: doesnt work its bad
- (2019-09-25) Ranjana Narayanaswamy: I am very happy with the product. The only issue that I face is, it slows down my system and everything takes a long time to load. Does anyone know if I need to have a dedicated device for this one? Thank you.
- (2017-09-20, v:188.8.131.52) Matthew Callan: Premium For Teachers
I filled out the form but my read write did not update to premium
- (2017-09-19, v:184.108.40.206) grate
its preety good
- (2017-09-18, v:220.127.116.11) Scott Medve: Kurzweil
I would like to open a Kurzweil document with read and write. Is this possible?
- (2017-09-18, v:18.104.22.168) Carol Fancher: reading speed
The speed is too fast - how do I change it to a slower pace?
- (2017-09-17, v:22.214.171.124) highlighting
doesn't let me high light
- (2017-09-15, v:126.96.36.199) highlight toolbar
Only the play, pause and stop button are highlighted and we are unable to use any of the other functions in the toolbar. How do we get the highlighters to work?
- (2017-09-15, v:188.8.131.52) Jeffrey Menzer: Saved PDFs with RW highlights
For the last several years, I have been using RW google to highlight, write over, or push pin comments on performance evaluation documents. I would mark up a PDF version of the document and could save it, share it and print at evaluation time. Recently, I attempted to open those previously saved documents with RW highlights...but the highlights, notes and push pin comments no longer show. Can you help me get back to to the originally saved documents?
- (2017-09-14, v:184.108.40.206) Deborah Jung: Integration with Google Classroom using Discovery Ed content and HP Chromebooks
Students cannot open the Discovery Ed article in their Google Classroom and use Read & Write to highlight and annotate.
- (2017-09-13, v:220.127.116.11) Read&Write for Google Chrome
I didn't add this and want to delete it.
- (2017-09-13, v:18.104.22.168) teacher needing read write
Hello, I have already completed the 30 day trial and want read write for educators. Can you tell me how to add it on?