Converts file URLs to http://localhost for developer testing purposes
As a developer working under his Localhost server before uploading a project to the WWW, I've encountered one issue that always wastes 3-4 seconds of my workflow. After opening a web document, whether if its an html file, php file or anything else, Google Chrome opens it under file:// protocol instead of http://, resulting in developers clicking on the address bar just to switch to http://localhost. Localhost Automate is what solves it. Localhost Automate provides an easier, more comfortable way to tell the browser to get the http://localhost up there instead of file://, as long as the web document is in the preconfigured folder. Localhost Automate requires a valid path to your localhost folder (ie. d:\wwwroot), so afterwards, if you're opening a file under 'd:\wwwroot\Some_Project', the extension would redirect it to 'http://localhost/Some_Project'. Comments, bugs and suggestions are welcome. Enjoy :)
- (2019-10-20) Michael Yuan: Not able to add localhost folder, no error, no message, just not working.
- (2018-01-17) Seetpal Singh: Everything was going good , until I shifted To MAC system now i am unable to set accurate options any option
- (2016-03-06) Israel Vainberg: Super handy app. I just drag & drop files into the browser :)
- (2015-03-22) Fa R: Thanks for this useful extension. I have one request/suggestion: Ability to add multiple directories as local www. Scenario: I've installed two versions of xampp on my PC and I can use Localhost Automate only for one of them.
- (2014-12-13) Prafulla Patil: Best app for my for localhost testing Thanks for building it
- (2018-01-06, v:1.0) Sjoerd van Heummen: path for non-windows
Hi, How do I get a linux path as localhost directory? at this moment it defaults to windows directory structure... Thanks!
- (2017-01-12, v:0.9) Dr. Disowned: How to set up
Hello, I am wondering how to set this up on a chromebook
- (2015-09-17, v:0.9) Seetpal Singh: temprary disable
its working good. but i need temprary disable option after popup click on extension
- (2015-05-30, v:0.9) Shanky Agarwal: Not working
i m using macbook. my file path is file:///Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/folder/index.html. i setup properly but its not woking. please can u help me
- (2015-04-11, v:0.7) Odanga Madung: not working
Hello, ever since you updated the extension it doesn't work on my computer. Its not converting the url whenever I click on a file