You no longer need to open Gmail or Google Calendar to access Google Tasks. Extension allows you to open Google Tasks in new tab.
We love Google Tasks. It's a fantastic and easy to-do app. We also love being focused and productive. I don't like to have to open Gmail or Google Calendar to access tasks. We only need my Google Tasks and nothing else 😤 Does that sound familiar to you? So we created this simple extension. By clicking on the extension icon, a new tab will open with standalone Google Tasks and nothing else 🤗 The extension provides access to the Google Tasks app and supports all features: • Starred tasks. • Displaying tasks from Google Workspace. • Recurring tasks. • Set date and time for tasks. • Sorting tasks by drag and drop. Made with ❤️ by BrowseCraft gang. Stand with Ukraine 💙💛. DISCLAIMER Please note Button for Google Tasks is not made by Google™ or affiliated with Google™. Google™ and Google Tasks™ are trademarks of Google LLC.
- (2023-09-11) Marjolaine Hollen: I'm completely hooked on this extension! It's become an integral part of my daily routine. The only thing that would make it even better is the addition of a search bar for tasks. That one feature would elevate it to perfection. Looking forward to seeing how it continues to evolve.
- (2023-06-22) Mikkel Julian Petersen: Opens Ads for a random pieces of software out of nowhere. No prompting or nothing. Don't trust this garbage.
- (2023-02-24) Mohamed Hamed: better one
- (2022-12-13) Mathieu Giacalone: The only application that meets my needs 100%. At first I was afraid because I had a 404 error after creating a shortcut in windowed mode to use it as a normal application. But since it was the only one to fulfill all my needs, I searched and found a solution. Here is the solution I found: --- Things to know --- 1. The manipulations are done on Google Chrome. 2. I am French so maybe some things will have another name in your country. --- Create the shortcut --- 1. Go to the link of the extension. (https://tasks.google.com/embed/list/~default?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com) 2. Click on the three little dots on the top right -> more tools -> create a shortcut... 3. Set the windowed mode to have a behavior similar to a normal application. --- Avoid the 404 --- 1. Search for the created shortcut. 2. Right click on it -> open the file location. 3. Right click on the shortcut in the folder -> property 4. Go to the shortcut tab. 5. In the target field you should have something like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome_proxy.exe" --profile-directory=Default --app-id=hobmlbmi[...]nepoociknf 6. Remove the --profile-directory=Default option to save space and put at the very end -app-launch-url-for-shortcuts-menu-item="https://tasks.google.com/embed/list/~default?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com" 7. Click on the apply button and you're done! Now this shortcut is working. You can copy and paste it wherever you want to use it or click and drag it to your taskbar.
- (2022-11-06) Aziz Ly: Hi, i used to have a keyboard shortcut for this extension, but now i am not able no more, i am sad, can we get it back?
- (2022-10-07) isogino: アイコンクリックをすると、新しいタブを開きシンプルにGTasksだけを表示してくれるので、画面全体を広々と使えます。 繰り返し機能や、最近の★付きタスク機能、開始時刻設定もできます。 願わくば、余裕のある左側余白にタグクラウド風のリスト名一覧を付けてもらえると、リスト切り替えが簡単にできるようになって、うれしいです。
- (2022-10-05) Shashank Pant: I like the app. However, when you pin the app on the chrome browser and try to open the app by clicking the bookmark/pinned link, it throws a 404 error. I need to then click on the extension link to open the app again (instead of the bookmark) to access the tasks. Also, when you refresh the tab, it throws a 404 error. To solve this, I need to close the current tab and click on the extension to open a new tab. Otherwise the extension solves a real problem. Thank you and hope to solve this bug.
- (2022-10-02) Ed: This is a really clever solution to getting around Google's API limits and allowing repeating tasks/stars. Idea: since the extension has access to the page, could you add a search bar using the API, because that is something Google's tasks client is notably missing
- (2022-09-29) Yoan Soucy: I really like to be able to manage my tasks in a separate window. The only thing that is missing, is the Completed tab in the bottom of the app that is not showing. I use to create tasks from a CheckBox list in a Google Doc, which goes into the "My Tasks" list and then I need to move it to the wanted list. But if it has been checked in, it is now under the "Completed" tab, but I cannot access to it in your standalone app.
- (2022-09-01) Jose: Incluye spam.
- (2022-02-27) Sharin Seafoods: Hey there, Pleas enable this extension to use dark theme. White page is really annoying.
- (2021-11-12) John Stinson: Simple but effective. Does what it says it will do.
- (2021-11-02) Вова Сыромятников: perfect
- (2021-10-06) Rryowa: Best! This is what I need! an exact copy is just in the browser
- (2021-08-19) Philip Matthew: Good. It is the only extension that works with the new Google Room Tasks. Essentially it is just the GMail sidebar on a separate page. — Need it to enable Tasks to be saved as Chrome App/Shortcut that can open in a new tab. — Wish it allowed me to add a task from the extension.
- (2021-06-23) Reid Chrysler Manares: New Tab function doesn't work again. Requires clicking on to the extension to go to Google Tasks website.
- (2021-01-19) Tu Pham: Doesn't work if used as a standalone app ( more -> more tools -> create shortcut ).
- (2020-12-30) Ijlal Nasir: Very handy tool, thankyou!
- (2020-12-23) Philip Pesko: Can you make the reminder date optional? I don't need the reminder and its adding it to my calendar which is a pain to go edit all the tasks to remove the reminder. Thanks for your work on this extension!
- (2020-11-04) Mariano Acosta: Es facil de usar. the extension is very good. Is it possible that you include in an update the possibility that you include the possibility of collapsing all subtasks? thanks
- (2020-10-04) Sunil Mekathotti: Nice
- (2020-07-15) Nikil Grama: Exactly what i was looking for
- (2020-04-04) Gabriel Maia: Open in tab mode?
- (2020-04-01) Franco Barahona: La programación de las fechas no es amigable, requiere tiempo para determinar fecha de inicio y final.
- (2020-03-25) Akbar Sha Ebrahim (ஷா): Really Good extension. I like it very much. Can you provide the option to switch to the other account If I had delegate accounts signed-in? Thanks
- (2020-03-07) Rafael Frota: It was everything I needed! Thank you very much. Greetings from Brazil ✌
- (2019-11-26) Ruriko Maiya Kashiwazaki Kusugawa: Le doy 5 estrellas por habilitar de alguna forma lo que google quito , el acceso a https://tasks.google.com , no tengo idea de porque google lo hizo siendo algo facil y util el solo acccesar a tareas sin tener que abrir gmail o calendar. Si usas google task la recomiendo.
- (2019-11-23) Yuriy Putsan: Goog
- (2019-10-06) 이정용: Very Very good!!
- (2019-09-25) 현도빈: Started Using tasks recently, and this is what I was looking for! Thanks!
- (2019-09-06) Vinicius Santos: Great!
- (2019-08-29) Matt Inman: It's broken. Google broke it. Dev did fine, google changed things, plugin no longer works. Tis life.
- (2019-08-09) Alexander Rodriguez Rocha: Thanks. Works great.
- (2022-05-25, v:1.2) Justin Gazabat: Printing full task list
This is easy with a short list, but does not work when the list gets too long. I find it really helpful when I can print my task lists. If there is anyway to ad a full function "print" that prints all pages, that would be rad.
- (2022-03-16, v:1.2) n m: ¿Por que no aparece Google Tasks entre las demás aplicaciones de Google, la "lista de iconos" que se abre al clicar en "el cuadrado de 3 x 3 puntitos" que hay - en Chrome por lo menos arriba - a la derecha?
¿Por que no aparece Google Tasks entre las demás aplicaciones de Google, la "lista de iconos" que se abre al clicar en "el cuadrado de 3 x 3 puntitos" que hay - en Chrome por lo menos arriba - a la derecha? Muchas gracias, FM
- (2021-02-08, v:1.2) Matt Houghton: Two Gmail accounts?
Works well enough, except that it defaults to my personal email acct, when I want to use if for my work one... is there a way to switch accounts? (I tried editing the URL to no avail...)
- (2021-01-19, v:1.2) Tu Pham: Can you make it work as a standalone app?
Doesn't work if used as a standalone app ( more -> more tools -> create shortcut ).
- (2020-05-30, v:1.2) Lucilene Reis: Facilidade para por data de agendamento
Seria bom se que tivesse uma opção mais fácil de por data de agendamento ao invés de entrar na configuração de cada nota.
- (2020-01-13, v:1.2) edavies24: Switching accounts
Is there a way to switch accounts in the extension?
- (2019-12-29, v:1.2) Benjamin Staneck: Open as window
Hey there, could you add a way to open it as a window instead of a tab? Thank you!
- (2019-09-03, v:1.2) Colin Fitzpatrick: Tasks page as default when you click New Tab
Hello, great work on the tasks extension, I was lost without Canvas view. Id like it so when I click new Tab, instead of the normal page I get my tasks. How can I do this please?
- (2019-08-20, v:1.1) Alexander Rodriguez Rocha: Ha dejado de funcionar
Desde hace una semana no funciona.
4.1 (38 votes)
Last update / version
2023-09-14 / 23.6.22