Automatically redirect to a specific Python 3 version's documentation
Google search results very often have links to Python 2 docs page. However, if you are programming in Python 3, switching to version 3 docs constantly may be pretty annoying. Same thing if you're not using the latest version of Python 3 and want to always see a specific version. This extension does that for you. This extension is open-source software (under MIT License) and its source code is available at https://github.com/m4tx/py3redirect
- (2020-02-15) Harold Martin: Thanks for this!
- (2019-11-29) Boris Verkhovskiy: Works well but is abandoned. There are some pages that were moved that it doesn't work for. For example https://docs.python.org/2/library/stringio.html to https://docs.python.org/3/library/io.html#io.StringIO. Someone contributed a fix on github, but the author isn't around to accept it. Must-have extension if you write Python.
- (2019-05-13) Piotr Dąbrowski: Exactly what I was looking for
- (2018-10-25) Malik Ammar Faisal: Exactly what a python3 coder needs
- (2017-01-04) Ryan Jarvis: Exactly what I wanted.
- (2017-01-02) Randall White: Great idea.
- (2017-01-02) Stefan Gangefors: I'd like the option to chose which py3 version it redirects to. Otherwise it works fine.
- (2016-09-07) Chris Harrel: Perfect
- (2016-09-06) Jesús Gómez: Hace tiempo que deseaba algo como esto. Es muy fastidioso tener que cambiar la versión de 2 a 3 en la página de documentación siempre.
- (2019-11-29, v:1.1) Boris Verkhovskiy: docs.python.org/2/library/stringio.html doesn't redirect
should redirect to https://docs.python.org/3/library/io.html#io.StringIO Someone contributed a github pull request, you just need to merge and rebuild the extension. Thanks
- (2017-06-11, v:1.1) Julie Duddridge: Python 3
New to all of this... Wanting to use Python 3 on a Chromebook. Can I?
- (2016-09-14, v:1.0.1) Neil Jansen: Doesn't redirect
Doesn't redirect when clicking on a google search containing the link to: https://docs.python.org/2.0/ref/import.html