Adds a navigation menu to any readme or Markdown file on GitHub.
Independently developed and unaffiliated with GitHub. This extension is open source: https://github.com/willklein/markdown-menu --- GitHub READMEs and Markdown documents don't always include a Table of Contents. Well-documented repos have longer documents that can be difficult to navigate. This extension will automagically generate and add a navigation menu with a table of contents. Click the three-bar icon at the top of any Markdown file to view the menu. Click on a link to scroll to that section of the document. That's it! --- Permissions requested: - Read and change your data on github.com This extension is scoped and enabled only when accessing https://github.com/*. This extension looks for Markdown headers, generates a navigation menu and adds it to Markdown views on GitHub. - Read your browsing history For this extension to work across page navigations within github.com, permissions are necessary to use chrome.webNavigation.onHistoryStateUpdated. This lets the extension hook into page navigations and trigger without full page refreshes.
- (2018-10-05) 彭凌峰: if file too large ,i always roll to top to read the menu ,menu button id weather to have settings to have a absolute position,and a wider frame
- (2018-08-10) Sean Peltier: I absolutely love this extension. It is very user friendly and easy to use. Thanks!
- (2018-06-29) Angus Liu: Perfect!
- (2016-08-17) Ze Ye: helpful extension! thx
- (2015-04-18) Dan Brown: great! must have this feature
- (2015-04-07) Will Piers: Really useful extension. Anything that automatically makes documentation better is a good thing in my book.