Reads Netflix Subtitles Out Loud
To use the extension, you need to have an active Netflix subscription. Remember the times when we watch foreign-language content (those amazing Korean Tv Series) on Netflix, however, we have to stick our eyes on the subtitles instead of the video itself? Not anymore. Netflix Subtitles Reader converts those subtitles using Text-to-speech engine and announces them out loud. You may now continue your office work on one monitor while watching a foreign tv series on another monitor without losing any details of the show and without an excessive focus on the subtitles. USAGE: 1) Play any foreign content on Netflix 2) Click on the icon of this extension and click on 'Start' That's it. To stop the audio subtitles, click on the extension's icon and click on 'Stop'. TIP: Set the volume of Netflix to 20% and volume of system to 100%. Then adjust both until the audio volumes are comfortable as per your preference.
- (2020-11-21) Ferhat Bakıroğlu: Could you please make the extension supports the non-English characters (e.g. "ş", "ü", "ğ", "ê", "é"?
- (2020-09-20) rahul caresbusiness: Too Good. Very very thankful to you.
- (2020-01-03) Wzy: Very very useful for blind people who needs to watch foreing series THANK YOU SO MUCH!
- (2019-10-20) Jakub Kaczynski: thank you so much! such a simple extension, yet so useful for language learning! would really recommend including selection of voices, though. default one in my browser reads texts in English (and I am learning Swedish ;) ) - so needed to add few lines of code in main.js for setting msg.voice.... still struggling with "special character" encoding (apparently Swedish ö, å, ä get skipped...) - but otherwise works shockingly well. once again, thanks!
- (2020-11-21, v:1.0) Ferhat Bakıroğlu: Text Encoding
Could you please make the extension supports the non-English characters (e.g. "ş", "ü", "ğ", "ê", "é"?
- (2020-09-03, v:1.0) Ferhat Bakıroğlu: Character problem
While reading the subtitles aloud, it skips characters like "ş, ç, ö, ı, İ".
- (2020-06-30, v:1.0) Beverly Bravo: Question
How do I increase the speed of the subtitle reader?