Remove forced Netflix subtitles.
The problem: Some shows on Netflix can’t have their subtitles turned off for some reason, but we think you should have the option to do that, so we created Unsubtitle. The solution: Unsubtitle is a small extension that removes subtitles from any show on Netflix instantaneously. This is specially good for people studying foreign languages or those annoyed by the clutter it creates on the screen. Safe: The extension doesn’t have access to anything in your Netflix account — it just changes the current screen that’s being rendered in your browser at the time you click the button. To turn subtitles back on, just click the icon again.
- (2018-03-12) Keys: Omg it works! Having subtitles and voice in two different languages can be extremely distracting specially if it says something completely different. Thank you!
- (2018-02-27) Rhino Design: THANK YOU! I don't know why they force subtitles on us. I speak spanish but I watch EVERYTHING in english but NOOOO, Netflix thinks that EVERYBODY wants to read the movie in their native language. Subtitles are too distracting. This extension just removed them with one clic. So fast and simple, I even thought "wait, what? That's it?" lol
- (2018-01-24) Arthur Guerra: Nice and easy
- (2017-09-30) Jean Lyon: You really made my day, thanks a lot.
- (2017-09-18) Rodney Norfolk: on the toolbar but nothing happens.
- (2017-08-09) joaquin Molina: Andubo perfecto :)
- (2017-08-09) LatinAmericanDog: I love it! Whoever created this, I can't thank you enough. It's simple and to the point. I was sick of having Spanish subtitles all the time on the screen. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
- (2017-07-01) Carlos Furtado: Finally, yay! :D
- (2017-04-21) John Smith: YES, this is amazing! I can finally watch Elementary without obnoxious subtitles. Thank you!
- (2017-03-15) E.S. Costa: Works perfectly! Thanks.
- (2017-01-10) Sameer Khatri: YAAASSSSS
- (2017-01-01) Simon Schönbeck: Funkar utmärkt
- (2016-12-31) Brian Robson Richter: it works =)
- (2016-12-11) nichollas lucino: fantastic!
- (2016-12-02) Guido Rumi: Excellent
- (2016-10-27) Sandro Bosshard: Absolute genius! Works perfect, so happy to finally watch movies without some unnecessary subtitle that was forced on me before.
- (2016-10-04) Marius M: FINALLY! IT WORKS.
- (2016-09-19) juscelino filho: it works
- (2016-08-03) Cássio Renan: Thank you, it works perfectly! Just a question though: if I watch through Google Cast on my tv and have this extension turned on will it also not show the subtitles ?
- (2016-07-20) Nathaniel Evans: worked great while traveling and being forced with Spanish subtitles... NO MORE!
- (2016-06-05) Gerardo Maya: Worked as a charm
- (2016-05-22) Fusion Developer: Now I can watch "Larva" without being annoyed and losing immersion.
- (2016-05-19) To think of the trouble I went through disabling them before! (Until even that stopped working.) Thank you!
- (2016-04-10) Palloma Barreto: THANK YOU SO MUCH
- (2016-03-13) Marcelo Fernandes: Awesome extension! It works perfectly.
- (2020-03-18, v:2.0) Marius Flugsrud: Shortcut to disable/enable subtitles?
Hey, Can you add a shortcut to disable and enable subtitles on Netflix? Not sure if it is possible, but would have been great.