Chrome extension for netflix allowing to turn on several sets of subtitles simultaneously.
"Netflix Multi Subtitles" is a Chrome extension that allows you to watch videos on Netflix with several sets of subtitles simultaneously; the number of simultaneous sets is not limited. It is a great facility especially for language learners. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpJNe0zE2uQ There are following features: All subtitles are loaded from Netflix, you don't need to upload your own files. You have to select the subtitles in the Netflix menu in order to load these subtitles into the extension "Netflix Multi Subtitles" You select one after another all the languages that you want to watch simultaneously. Once loaded in "Netflix Multi Subtitles" you can: - manage the font size and color - you can switch off/on the text stroke to facilitate the readability of the subtitles in case the color of the background is similar to the color of the subtitles - change the position by simple drag and drop (in a comfortable manner you determine the layout of all subtitles on the screen) - hide/show every single set of subtitles - export all the subtitles (with begin and end positions in time) into a text window (so that you can easily copy and paste the texts into a dictionary) - fast rewind on pressing the up-arrow key (the playing speed is 5 times more than normal speed) - normal playing speed on pressing the down-arrow key - show stopwatch: it displays the remaining time to the time when another subtitles appear, by default turned off. It is targeted especially to those who want to learn language without having to watch the longer parts of the movie without speaking. In case of a longer time, the user can press the up-arrow key to activate fast rewind to the next subtitle. The fast rewind changes to the normal playing speed if next subtitles are about to appear in less than 2 seconds. The stopwatch works with loaded subtitles in the chrome extension "Netflix Multi Subtitles", not with the subtitles displayed by Netflix. Some languages cannot be loaded into "Netflix Multi Subtitles", because they are not transferred in a text format (for example Russian, Japanese, Chinese, ..). It means that you cannot manage these subtitles by the extension "Netflix Multi Subtitles", however it is still possible to turn on/off them in the Netflix menu. Hence you watch simultaneously one of those "non text" subtitles with any number of other "text" subtitles (English, French, German, Italian, ...) ====================================================================== New Features in version 0.0.0.9: - adding static text: Use F11 for full-screen view. - removing an advertisement link ====================================================================== New Features in version 0.0.0.8: - removing bug from manifest.json ====================================================================== New Features in version 0.0.0.7: - adding text stroke to facilitate the readability of the subtitles in case the color of the background is similar to the color of the subtitles - adding an optional advertisement to the bottom of the menu ====================================================================== New Features in version 0.0.0.6: - bug fix in the format of the displayed numbers ====================================================================== New Features in version 0.0.0.5: - handling expired trial periods - format of the displayed numbers ====================================================================== New Features in version 0.0.0.4: - technical bug fix with processing response from googleapis ====================================================================== New Features in version 0.0.0.3: - fast rewind on pressing the up-arrow key - normal playing speed on pressing the down-arrow key - if "Show watchstop" is checked, then fast rewind changes automatically to normal playing speed if next subtitles are about to appear in less than 2 seconds - added check for expired trial license ====================================================================== New Features in version 0.0.0.2: - possibility to define color of subtitles - added the option extra small font size (12 px) - show stopwatch option, see above for more details Bug fix: - correct displaying of subtitles for multiple records with the same display time A technical change: - manifest permissions were restricted to netflix.com and nflxvideo.net
- (2019-11-19) Shuxin Lin: Here are two issues on the mac. F11 does not work for mac. So the added subtitle does not show on full screen. Changing color does not seem to work. I chose color from color picker and nothing happened Can you fix these issues?
- (2019-11-17) Doona Lee: I just paid to enjoy multi subtitles and then message from the manage screen box indicates that " there are no loaded subtitles." I don't think this works any way. I can't even change the color nor size of text (english subtitle). I was watching "the office" season 9. Is there any way i can load subtitle besides english? it's waste of money ... please help me!
- (2019-06-24) EKNARIN SOOKRAGSA: It has not any langue in secondary subtitle. What is with my computer laptops
- (2019-06-22) jitsupa romchampa: It doesn't change to full-screen after I pressed F11. Please help, need to watch in full-screen with subtitles
- (2019-05-27) Al G: EDIT - The developer reached out to me. I turned all otIher extensions off, set subtitles to off, refreshed, tried again, it is working. I could swear I'd tried this already, but I'm not going to quibble. Working. It sounded wonderful.. but I am having a difficult time getting it to work. Youtube vid shows a screen that pops up on the right with a list of languages - this does not appear. I do get a screen on the left which continuously asks me to choose a language. What is odd, while I had another subtitle extension installed, I was able to get 1 subtitle in the box but I could not get a second one to work. So I removed the other extension hoping the issue was a conflict and now NO subtitles show. Hope you can help. I would really enjoy an extension that allows me to choose placement. Thanks.
- (2019-05-13) Mohammed Alfasi: I love this extension. It suits my needs exactly as a language learner. Was happy enough to pay for it as it's very useful to me. However, one little bug perhaps is when going onto Netflix, a new tab loads asking me to sign into my google account even though I'm already signed in. It happens every time I load Netflix. I can always close the tab and carry on as normal so it's not a huge issue but sorting this issue out would be perfect if possible. Takes nothing away from the usefulness of this extension, though. Good job!
- (2019-05-12) Kris Siriratsivawong: I purchased a license, but it still doesn't register that I did so.
- (2019-05-10) SilverDP PKS2055: this one is not for setting your language on subtitle line. this is ONLY to read TWO SUBS at same time! if your Netflix movie don't have your language subtitle, this one is useless!
- (2019-04-17) Brian Chang: i purchased it because this extension is currently one of its kind. The color changing function needs review. I've installed this extension on Ubuntu Chrome and there is no OK button for verifying the color change from the color panel. There is no way to save the state of the desired color upon selecting.
- (2019-04-14) Kimberly Harris: Thank you for developing this. It's a wonderful resource for language learners! There are 2 minor issues I have. 1. I cannot figure out how to change the subtitle color (I can select a new color, but I do not see an "OK" option to save it.) 2. I cannot get the program to work in Full Screen mode. I am using a Mac and I believe the F11 option will only work on PCs. On my Mac I have tried the Full Screen option within Netflix as well as the Command (⌘ )+F option on the keyboard, both without success. Hopefully these issues can be fixed in future releases, but if not, I still believe this is an Chrome extension worth having if you are trying to learn a new language.
- (2019-03-31) Ethan Leduc: Very useful when trying to learn a foreign language.
- (2019-02-08) 林奕廷: Now it only works for Eng subtitles, and it even doesn't work in full screen mode. It can be better.
- (2019-01-19) Ho Tsz Ying: This extension is gd but I cannot change the subtitle's color. When I choose the color, there is no "OK" button. What should I do?
- (2019-01-16) Kwongshing Tam: It's great but it does not work on full screen mode.
- (2018-11-22) Teja Yendapally: Tells me free trial is up and to buy a license AFTER i've paid for it (so, bottom line, doesnt work)
- (2018-11-22) Destiny Davis: I love it and want to buy but how can I change the subtitle color? Whenever I go to click a different color it does not seem to save it or change the color. Thanks !
- (2018-11-01) Marcio Aguiar: It was great, but it is no longer working! Every time I try to change the subtitle with the extension enabled, Netflix crashes. Then I have to reload the page and the second subtitle is not available. Please fix it.
- (2018-10-19) srdjan stepanovic: Love this, and would like to buy it, but it is not working in full screen. Any way to fix it? Cheers!
- (2018-10-18) mandrecavalcanti: How can I buy ? The [Buy] button is grayed and not allow to click
- (2018-10-12) Tanu Thote: Is there any way to get this to work with chromecast?
- (2018-10-10) Sam Glaser: I haven't gotten the UI to pop up at all. I have read all the reviews and watched the video but I can't figure out how to open the ui to even use the extension. I hope someone can help me so that I can review adn use the rest of this tool.
- (2018-10-05) Shannon Osborne: This is really nice, but I think since google chrome has gotten updated it doesn't work when the show is put in full screen. Is there a way to fix it? It used to work before.
- (2018-10-05) Sam Lee: Multi subtitles doesn't show in full-screen mode.
- (2018-09-23) Bidan Zhu: really love it!
- (2018-09-17) giannis kalpakis: It looks fine, but in full screen does not work. Windows 10 64bit.