A web extension to tweak the Netflix home screen, preventing auto-play trailers and moving your lists to the top
With the Netflix Tweaked extension, you never have to see or hear the hero trailer auto-playing on the Netflix browse screen ever again. Since I like you so much, I've also made it auto-sort your "continue watching" and "my list" feeds to the top! Enjoy a slightly less dumb Netflix user interface :) This extension is open source and licensed under the MIT license, so you can feel free to check out the source code at the extension home page or even contribute to make it better! Enjoy the extension and feel like saying thanks? Feel free to buy me a coffee ☕ --> https://www.paypal.me/fluencyy
- (2019-12-26) Brad Porter: This stops the Auto preview, THANK YOU!
- (2019-12-17) tommy Bull: Stops auto previews thanks.
- (2019-11-26) Scott K: Ty. Your extension helps stop all autoplay trailers/video from Netflix
- (2019-08-04) Achilles: This is really handy. i was about to cancel my account just cause of this. Thank you !!!!
- (2019-07-29) Sarah Smith: Very helpful! Netflix can be ridiculous, but this extension makes it slightly less ridiculous! :)
- (2019-07-15) Clare G: Was a 5 star app, but has stopped working recently. Previews play again now when I hover over a thumbnail and the drop down info panel no longer works when I click on the arrow. Hoping this can be fixed as it was such a QoL improvement and kept me subbed to Netflix.
- (2019-06-20) Neon Nobility: It was working perfectly fine until recently, now Netflix won't properly display summaries of shows/movies when I click on the chevron arrow thing
- (2019-06-11) Neem Nyima: Great job, there is a need for this and you have filled it. A bit clunky at times, but it stop the endless autoplay of clips!
- (2019-04-21) O B: Thank you for making the worst video streming service menu system on the web slightly more tolerable.
- (2019-04-08) Kai Larson: I HATE the Netflix autoplay "feature." Makes browsing Netflix almost unbearable. This solved it. No more annoying trailers every time I browse. Five Stars.
- (2019-04-03) Chriz zley: Thx. This is the best Extension ever !!! I need this for my Smartphone, Smart-TV and my wife......
- (2019-02-01) Stephen Hoskins: I just added the extension because I HATE the trailers. It said it would move my list and continue watching to the top but it eliminated my list.
- (2019-01-19) Richard Radtke: Aqui no meu Chrome a minha lista e o que tô assistindo vieram para o topo, legal, mas o auto-play do trailer continua ativo. Clicando no ícone da extensão tem um "Opções", talvez isto se configure aí, só que não tá disponível pra acesso.
- (2019-01-17) Martin: Finally. That was so annoying. Thanks!
- (2019-01-16) Gabriela B.: Love it, thank you so much. My biggest problem with Netflix has always been the autoplay and how it couldn't be stopped. I couldn't leave it on overnight to listen to an episode of a show without it wasting so much data or battery. I'm just glad that there are people who can make my Netflix viewing experience better.
- (2019-01-12) Esa Edvik: Awesome that people are improving Netflix that seems to be stuck in time. Any chance you could add a feature that removes all content that has a rating from the user? Or even just content that has already been watched. That would help discovery SO much... Cheers!
- (2018-09-07) Jeremy: It stopped Netflix from continuing to be horrible. Its also open source. That is 5 stars right there.
- (2018-08-13) Jacob Halton: Doesn't work.
- (2018-08-01) S. Stewart: I love the idea of this extension; the Netflix auto previews are horrible and I was about to cancel my subscription. This extension might save it, but it has some issues. It blocks the previews that appear when you select the down arrow to bring up the additional info/episode list, but the previews that play when you hover over a title card still start playing; they are stopped after a second or two, but there's still a distruptive burst of audio before that happens. If I mute the audio of the previews by clicking the volume icon that appears on the card when the preview is playing, the extension stops blocking these previews entirely until I un-mute them by clicking the volume icon on the card again. If there was any way this could be fixed to prevent the previews from ever starting, or keep blocking them even when they are muted, this would be perfect. As it is, it is definitely better than nothing. Thanks for your work on this, I hope it can keep improving.
- (2018-07-21) Sarah Wright: Awesome! plus I was in the thread when this extension was born :)
- (2018-07-14) Hernan Carbone: Just what i need :)
- (2018-07-12) Joseph Jankowiak: This isn't working for me. Loading the homepage now takes over 10 seconds for any items to show up, trailer still is at the top and my lists are not the first item. Not seeing any errors in the console or else I'd try to help debug. Great idea though as netflix's layout annoys me and this would be super useful.
- (2018-07-10) Valdamir91: This is amazing.
- (2018-07-10) B K: Perfect solution
- (2018-07-10) Bryce Driesenga: Does what it says on the box. Nice work!