helps to preview the markdown while creating a markdown gist
The option is visible only when you choose the filetype as markdown or your filename ends with .md * updated for latest changes in gist.github.com design CHANGES on 2017/04/12 * updates to latest github changes * Removed the css from loading and breaking http://gist.github.com * Fixes the issue with appearing multiple preview buttons on multiple markdown files CHANGES on 2018/01/03 * updates to latest github changes CHANGES on 2018/01/20 * Support for Github flavoured markdown
- (2019-10-04) Matt Mower: This is super easy to use, it behaves very similar to the Write and Preview tabs on GitHub. It outputs results just as I expect, too. Thank you!
- (2018-12-22) ncode fun: Cool extension! Now if spellcheck could work... Do you think this could be an option? (you only have to set textarea's spellcheck='true'). This would made this a kind of "better markdown gist" extension!
- (2018-08-28) Phil Birch: This works great.
- (2018-04-18) Robert Orzanna: Works well, thanks!
- (2016-12-01) Lance E Sloan: Two problems: 1. On the gist.github.com homepage, this extension messes up the layout. 2. While editing a gist containing a Markdown file, the preview button never appears. That is, it seems to be completely broken.
- (2013-09-26) Buggy if you have more than one file in the gist - multiple preview buttons appear after the last file and don't work as expected.
- (2017-07-21, v:2.0.1) Jerry Green: Button appeared but not working
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of null at togglePreview (gist_markdown_preview.js:11)
- (2016-09-06, v:1.0.2) Роман Быковский: doesn't work
the button doesn't appears even if file is .md