Remembers tabs for later so you don't have to.
Never lose track of the tabs you opened the other day! With just a few clicks, you can save any or all open tabs into a "session". Use for... • Saving research • Storing frequently visited webpages • Saving tabs to access later • Expediting workflow • Reducing RAM (memory) usage • and much much more! Tabs Aside is frequently updated with new features, including: • Beautiful, intuitive user interface • Supports syncing across all signed-in Chrome browsers with Tabs Aside installed • Conserves computer resources with less open tabs
- (2020-11-27) _QUASAR_: After a few months of usage, it started to no longer set aside the tabs. Very dissappointing
- (2020-10-25) Willie Yao: It was great till last week... It stop working on Edge... Why?
- (2020-10-08) ashwin mhaskar: Very good extension. Works for me. Now I don't have to message the links to myself.
- (2020-10-01) Dhruv Erry: Great functionality... although, neither the 'Rename' nor 'Delete' buttons work!!
- (2020-09-10) dominic festa: I really like this extension. I switched over from New Tab Toby to this extension because it frees up my new tab page & doesn't require reloading a new tab every time you want to set aside a new page. The only feedback I can think of for improvement would be to add a default ascending sort order to the set aside tabs based on the names - or even better - allow users create their own sort order for the set aside tabs.
- (2020-08-11) Kartikey Hadiya: really good but would like to have an option for saving the information in google account so that it is easy to migrate from one laptop to another
- (2020-07-29) C YASHASVI: The extension abruptly stopped saving the tabs set aside and I lost so many imp tabs and sessions that i saved in the illusion that it's working.
- (2020-07-23) Surasak Pakdeewattanakul: Can save only 4 sessions? the 5th session lost.
- (2020-07-21) yee charly: superb ! i love it !
- (2020-07-01) Jonathan Jimenez: This is absolutely the most fantastic app! It's incredibly simple easy to use, and unbelievably effective. Please continue to support this forever.
- (2020-03-17) Antonio Ooi: Greater and more powerful than Edge's Set Aside Tabs, more flexible, intuitive, with clean UI! Now I can easily group tabs according to my daily tasks! Great productivity tool! Thumb up and nice work!
- (2020-03-07) Andreas: I really like it but it can still improve! There are only a few things that I am missing from this 1. Sessions without name should be allowed for ease of use 2.The most important one for me, if its possible to restore the history of the closed tabs that would be great! Microsoft Edge already does this but would love to see it on chrome too.
- (2020-02-18) Gd Gd: The toolbar icon is a bit small. And the blue shapes without an outline can be invisible under some blue color themes. P.S. Is there a plan to make it a version for Firefox?
- (2020-01-15) Edel Macias: UI can be improved upon, and recent bug with the undefined tab sessions is disappointing, but I'm still giving 5 stars because the extension worked well for the majority of time, and I have hope that the next update will recover those sessions, given that the data is still on the browser (per recovery instructions). Really looking forward for this to get from alpha to beta!
- (2020-01-10) Muhannad: ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING that they would ruin something good for a reason as stupid as an update. After the recent update it DELETED ALL FIFTEEN of my saved sessions, replaced them all with "undefined" HELP me restore them my email: [email protected]
- (2020-01-10) Coolio - Von Hoolio: ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING that they would ruin something good for a reason as stupid as an update. After the recent update it DELETED ALL TWELVE of my saved sessions, replaced them all with "undefined" written in as the names for all 12 of my saved sessions and each of these sessions are now EMPTY, I had a total of about 100 tabs saved at least among all 12 of my saved sessions, I had important work too, now I have to sift thru my browser history to find them all, thank god I didn't erase my browser history... I feel sick to my stomach knowing that I actually was foolish enough to trust amateur web application developers with something so important, I thought I finally found something nicer than the default bookmarks option on Chrome, now I see that it was all for nothing, useless unreliable trash, I will switch to Microsoft Edge as well because they have this feature on there by default built into Edge unlike Chrome, so for Edge I know the devs are all pros working at Microsoft so they wouldnt make such a stupid mistake of deleting all their users data because of a stupid update that wasn't even necessary to begin with. I'm willing to give this chrome extension a second chance if I can get my saved sessions back somehow, I can work with support to try and get my saved sessions back or restored somehow if that's even possible, Tabs Aside Team, if you are reading this, please let me know, if my issue can be resolved then I will change the rating, otherwise this extension should not be on the chrome web store to begin with if it is really this unreliable and will randomly delete all your saved sessions for no reason, I'm guessing it was because of the recent update, in which case is there an option where I can block automatic updates for chrome extensions? my email: [email protected]
- (2020-01-08) Soham Patel: What a great memory saving extension for me to handle many tabs without close it. No comments needed. Please install if you want to save memory and many tabs.
- (2019-12-17) Bram Koert: Very promising! I'm using this on the new Edge, and setting Tabs aside was a feature I was missing. A few feature recommendations: - Dark theme along with the theme of the Browser (auto detect) - Holding shift to select multiple tabs quickly Resist the temptation to implement too many features. Make it simple and intuitive but stable and useful! ;)
- (2019-12-12) Paulo Santamaria: It need a function to ADD tabs in already saved sessions, otherwise I have to delete a session to and create a new one just to add one other tab
- (2019-12-11) thom hoffer: Just installed it, have to see if it works for me. For a starters, it works quite intuitive and smooth! Would be amazing if you could make it the tabs aside show all the stored sessions when opening a new tab in chrome as an optional 'default' layout.
- (2019-12-03) Alice: I found this extension helpful when organizing the multiple tabs that I use for different projects and keeping things separate. The design is simple and easy on the eyes, which I appreciate. It's just what I was looking for. Thank you for making this!
- (2019-10-15) Pietro Saccani: Can you please add an option to disable the badge on the extension's icon? I don't need it and it kinda distracts me... Also, it would be very useful to be able to add pages to existing sessions. Thanks for the extension.
- (2019-10-09) Kevin Song: Wow! This extension helped me so much with remembering all my tabs!
- (2019-09-27) Arun Kumar: this is what i was searching for a long time. used edge browser for a while loved this and missed on chrome.. finally found it.. Thanks a lot.
- (2019-09-06) Yoshi Cherry: This is actually a really cool extension. I always struggle with having a million tabs open and then being paranoid about losing them accidentally so I love how much this makes my life easier. Way less stressed thanks!
- (2020-11-30, v:3.1.0) Aahil Lakhani: Tabs saved missing
All of my saved tabs are missing even though the extension badge is still correctly displaying the number of session I had saved. Is there any way for me to recover my saved tabs?
- (2020-11-28, v:3.1.0) Collin Vesel: Can't create a new session after resetting the extension.
I don't know when Tabs Aside updated, but now I'm on the latest version, I assume. I just tried resetting the extension to fix the color of the session count badge because I didn't mean to change it and couldn't change it back because I didn't know what numbers to punch in to change it back to. Before I did this, I opened all my saved tabs because it said it would delete my data. Now I can't create a new session to set the tabs aside again.
- (2020-09-23, v:0.0.8) Pablo Veniard: Tabs disapeared
Several weeks ago all of my saved tabs disappeared from my feed despite the badge still showing tabs count. It seems to be a recurring issue with other users, so I was wondering if at this point you reckon future updates might be able to fix it and most importantly retrieve the old data. Regardless, huge thanks for putting the effort and looking forward to the next release.
- (2020-09-13, v:0.0.8) Mickias Hadush: Hidden Sessions?
Hi! First of all, this extension has been super useful in organising my work so a big thank you to the developers. However, I've run into an issue lately with some of my sessions supposedly hidden. The extension badge shows 13 sessions saved, but when I enter into the extension itself, only 7 are shown. Are there any measures I should take in troubleshooting this problem? For the record, I have already tried restarting my device and still no changes occur. I would be happy to name the hidden sessions in question if that is necessary.
- (2020-09-10, v:0.0.8) dominic festa: Sort Tabs
This extension is great. I switched over from New Tab Toby to this extension because it frees up my new tab page & doesn't require reloading a new tab every time I want to set aside a new page. The only feedback I can think of for improvement would be to add a default ascending sort order to the tabs or add a feature for organizing/sorting tabs. I know the extension is free, but is there any way for people to send donations out of appreciation for creating and sharing this extension?
- (2020-09-01, v:0.0.8) Juan Miguel Hayot: Selection options: shift + select and select by open windows
Add the feature to select all tabs in a single window in addition to the "select all" button. Also the ability to "shift + select" tabs and ctrl select would make it easier to use and faster.
- (2020-08-28, v:0.0.8) Tronic Lin: Please add feature like "Sort by Title"
This extension is so brilliant. It saves my life and improves my working productivity. However, it would be much better, if this extension has a feature called "Sort by Title". Thank you very much.
- (2020-06-18, v:0.0.8) Niruchan: Tabs dont update
The tabs on the left on the new tab page doesn't update when you open a new update. I feel like it would be like a good idea if they updated
- (2020-06-17, v:0.0.8) wenwen conner: Exporting sessions for use on other computers
I see you can save to Excel or word. Is there a way to import them into another computer either on to the same browser (e.g. Chrome) or better yet into any browser. It seems they are just descriptions and URL's, no? so shouldn't they work on any browser once imported? Thanks - this is my wife's computer. My email is [email protected]
- (2020-05-08, v:0.0.8) Nima MirzaAliKhan: Add/Edit/Save/Load/Expand
Very Good Extension. My Suggestions: 1-* Please Add Some Export/Import Feature So We Can Move Our Tabs To Another System*. 2-a Feature to Keep a Saved Session Expanded. 3-*Adding And Editing Links in Sessions Manually*. Thanks
- (2020-02-12, v:0.0.8) Coolio - Von Hoolio: problem: it closes all the tabs but it doesn't save them...
if theres too many tabs open and u try to save them all, then it wont save any of them but it will still close them all if u check the box to close all the tabs and then u lose all your tabs...
- (2020-01-12, v:0.0.7) Esteban Sagel: All tab asides show as undefined
I had well over 10 tab asides and they all show as undefined after your update. I need to recover those; is there anything you can do to help?
- (2020-01-12, v:0.0.7) Coolio - Von Hoolio: How to recover saved sessions and tabs that were deleted because of the last update?
How can I recover the saved sessions and tabs that were deleted because of that last bad update? As of right now they still have not been restored for me yet.
- (2020-01-10, v:0.0.7) Bram Koert: Update broke previously set-aside tabs
Hey. Sadly, your latest update has broken all saved set-aside tabs. Now I'm not going to verbally abuse you like some other here (Guys, not cool) but this is a mistake you should have seen coming if you had tested it well. Keep it up though! Learn from mistakes and move on. I'm glad to see some of our requested features implemented!
- (2020-01-10, v:0.0.7) Muhannad: RESTORING LOST 15 TABS
after your update i lost 15 tab and its converted to undefined! you must find solution to restore them!!! my email [email protected]
- (2020-01-10, v:0.0.7) Coolio - Von Hoolio: RECENT UPDATE FROM HELL DELETED ALL SAVED SESSIONS/SAVED TABS...
After the recent update it DELETED ALL TWELVE of my saved sessions, replaced them all with "undefined" written in as the names for all 12 of my saved sessions and each of these sessions are now EMPTY, I had a total of about 100 tabs saved at least among all 12 of my saved sessions, I had important work too... Is there a way to recover all my tabs that were saved within my saved sessions? This is why I hate stupid insignificant minor updates, because they tend to do more harm than good, this isn't the first time I've experienced a minor update meant to fix minor bugs actually end up ruining an entire application, if the app was already fine, why meddle with it to release an update? Now that the recent update deleted everything, I'm not trusting updates anymore, is there a way to block automatic updates for chrome extensions?
- (2020-01-09, v:0.0.7) David Sosa: tabs deleted
after the update all my tabs became undefined
- (2020-01-09, v:0.0.7) ARNAV DAYAL: Saved Tabs Deleted on Update
I had saved tabs when the update happened, and it deleted all of them. Is there a way to recover them?
- (2019-11-25, v:0.0.4) Julia Y T: Need an option not to close saved tabs
To make the experience more customizable, it will be great to be able to save tabs without closing them. Saving tabs for future reference while reading breaks my working flow. The UI is neat and nice looking, though fonts is a bit small on my laptop screen.
- (2019-11-11, v:0.0.4) Nick: Retain forward/back history of tabs?
Does TabsAside retail the full forward/back history of the tabs like the Edge Set-Aside does? This is the feature that really makes Set-Aside Tabs more than just a collection of bookmarks for me.
- (2019-10-17, v:0.0.4) Komal Farid: Tabs on Session
So far good, but I want to delete a specific tab on a saved session without deleting the whole session please make it a way to do so!
- (2019-10-13, v:0.0.3) Mike M: Adding a new tab to already saved session
Is there a some way that I'm missing to add a new tab to an already saved session without having to open all the already saved tabs of a session & then resaving them along with the new I want to add?