Extension to help with using AWS Console
Allows user to easily switch between accounts / roles / regions in the AWS console. v0.2.7 - Fix errors with account and role lists not showing up v0.2.5 - Fixed bug where extension wasn't picking up active account. - Made UI clearer when selecting a different account / role / region v0.2.4 - Add clear config button - better input - validation, nicknames optional, better hints THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
- (2019-09-03) Ihme mies: Only wish there was way to use color-codes, still huge time saver when i dont have to go and check id:s or create multiple browser profiles, switch between them and remember which profile had which account.
- (2019-03-27) Russell Dear: So many clicks saved...
- (2017-12-02) Love it, so useful when you deal with multiple roles across multiple accounts!
- (2019-01-30, v:0.2.7) Eric Seastrand: Will this let me quickly switch between different AWS accounts (without linking them to an org)?
At my company, we have completely separate AWS accounts for production and development. I thought this extension would let me quickly switch between them (without needing to log out and back in). But it seems that it only wants to work within AWS' own organizations/roles/etc... I think I'm just confused about what problem this extension is solving, or how I'd use it in my daily workflow. What's the intended use-case for this extension?
- (2017-08-01, v:0.2.5) List of well known roles
It would be nice to be able to select some well known roles from a list in addition to being able to type some custom ones in. At the very least it would be nice, from a usability point of view, to give an example of a role name to make it plainly obvious exactly what is required in the IAM Role Name field.
- (2017-08-01, v:0.2.5) Bad Account Selection
If I try to switch to an account name that does not exist the assume role fails as expected. However in the switcher the list of account becomes empty and no more new accounts can be added. The only resolution is to reset configuration.