An extension to save scroll position of a webpage
✨ What's new - - Added customizable keyboard shortcuts to save, fetch or delete scrolls without having to open the extension popup. - The extension now auto fetches the last saved scroll position on page load, if page has any saved scroll. You must have been in a situation wherein you are reading a long article but you don't have enough time to finish it so you close the tab, and the next time you open the article again, you have no idea where you left it. Well not anymore, with this extension you can save the scroll position of the page and then revisit the page at any time to continue where you left. I know that there are other extensions similar to this, but most of them either don't work reliably or lack the features mentioned below - 🤹 Color changing icon The icon changes color whenever the extension detects that you have already saved a scroll position for a page. ✨ Sleek UI Ability to add, remove, update or delete the scroll position directly from the popup menu. 💾 Unlimited Storage Under the hood this extension uses chrome's local storage API, so you'll never run out of storage for your articles. 🤳 View all your saved scrrolls An options page to view all your saved pages, with the percentage of the page completed. 📜 Completely free and open source Scrroll In was and will always be free to use and open source. Feel free to open an issue for feature request or bug report on the issues page on Github
- (2020-11-19) Jad OS: Excellent and very useful extension. I've been searching all over for an extension that remembers scroll position. it works as intended and scrolls to the same spot I was in and saves the position. 5 Stars!
- (2020-10-15) Gilles Gilles: Works for me ; well done ; yet I would like to navigate from tab to tab#myscroll (not only navigate inside single page). Thank you.
- (2020-03-12) Shikhar Saxena: Was trying to find an extension that does exactly this, great app.
- (2020-03-05) Frank D.: The only extension of its kind that does what it says and just works. Never mind the top-placing review by Aliez. I tend towards as simple as possible... but the way this extension is set up is fantastic. A feature request: I set up a Chrome keyboard shortcut to activate the extension... and to keep it mouse-free, it'd be great once the extension is activated to be able to hit "F", "U" or "D" to select one of the 3 options.
- (2020-02-20) Alexander Tu: Great extension, works as advertised. Have tried a few similar extensions and this one finally works very smoothly. Great work. Only suggestion (if it's still possible): the name is pretty difficult to google, the SEO makes it impossible to find. Only stumbled upon this extension via producthunt
- (2019-11-21) Aliez Nicola: It works fine. But I think there can be improvement in user experience. 1. I don't need fetch\update options. Just an icon to make users know that current page's scroll position has been saved is enough. 2. Auto remember position is better so that users don't need to click save button. Besides, some people may forget to click that button. 3. I think the page showing users' saved scroll bookmarks is redundant. This extension aims at remembering page scroll position, not saving bookmarks for users. Browser's bookmark feature supports that already. This extension's purpose is just to help users remember their position in a webpage. It should be as simple as possible.
- (2019-11-13) Gem Hunter: This extension works fine, and is as user friendly as it can be, with the limited storage space Google offers for scroll bookmarks. rated 2 star, because I saw it advertised on other people's scroll bookmarker extensions, with a referral link.
- (2019-10-26) Robin Sharma: I have tried many other similar extensions previously but believe me when I say that, this is the only extension that works.
- (2019-10-24) aaryan sharma: Awesome extension! Comes in handy a lot of times when you cannot finish an article.
- (2019-10-21) Julie L.: Works no better than the other extension I tried. Scrolls down a little bit, but nowhere near the point that I saved.
- (2020-03-19, v:2.6) rroldgit: Getting back to Keyboard options
How do you do this from the extension? I had to delete and re-add the extension to find the option again. It would be brilliant if you could set a page to automatically go to a scroll point when the page was loaded rather than having to fetch and apply the scroll - very useful for teaching and demonstrations where you want to go to a particular point on a page that contains the actual info you want to show, and very very very useful if you have to reload the page to get fresh data but don't want to manually scroll back down after doing that... Thanks