SelectorLib Extension For Google Chrome
Selectorlib extension lets you select and mark HTML elements in a website for scraping or extracting the data, and create a YML File compatiable with Selectorlib Python Package.
- (2023-09-30) Jannis Ben: Great tool.
- (2022-03-16) Jonathan Grega: Doesn't seem to work with Chrome 99
- (2020-11-12) Faiz Sheikh: Very helpful tool, I use it every now and then. I have a question, when I 'download data' (type=html) and save as CSV the data gets messed up, but when I copy (from extension copy option) and paste to excel the data proper in each cell, but the problem is copying to clipboard takes lot of time, download is fast but the data messes up. I also tried downloading to .txt and copying to excel but that doesnt help either. Is there a way I can 'download data' in a clean format or any workaround.
- (2020-06-27) Guillaume Lazar: Very nice scraping tool. Thanks.
- (2023-07-06, v:1.5) Björn Persson: Greyed out
I have installed the extension in Chrome and Chromium for both Windows and Linux. But it is only greyed out so not possible to use.
- (2021-11-26, v:1.5) Paolo Capasso: doesn't work
with chrome 94.0.4606.71 it doesn't work
- (2021-04-04, v:1.5) Ji Chunping: css selector don't work for Chrome version 89.0.4389.114, but worked OK while using 88.0.4324.96
I got the error message after upgraded to the new version of Chrome - 89.0.4389.114, Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'push' of null at h.onSelectElement (webhelper.js:formatted:595) but worked OK while using 88.0.4324.96
- (2020-06-23, v:1.5) Shovon Golam Mohammad: Not showing in developer tools
it works fine for one day than the next day it is now showing in developer tools Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2020-06-04, v:1.4.1) Brad T: Chrome not showing SelectorLib in Dev Tools
Chrome not showing SelectorLib in Dev Tools. I've noticed this for several other extensions that install to Dev Tools like React Tool, another scraper, etc...
- (2020-06-02, v:1.4.1) Faiz Sheikh: Selecting CSS or XPATH element is not working anymore. Plus one quick question
Selecting CSS or XPATH element is not working anymore. But If I add manually then its working. Question: Can I change the text delimiter of my choice, can i change the delimiter to pipe "|" instead of a forward slash "/".
- (2020-05-12, v:1.4.1) Jason Crowe: Stopped working
I downloaded the extension after seeing it mentioned on one of your blog post. At the time it worked without issue. I tried it today, and it doesn't allow me to select with xpath or css. I am on Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit).