Standalone Google Tasks app for desktop!
A cross-platform Google Tasks app for computer users. It can either open in a new tab, or launch an independent window like a desktop app - works the same on Windows PC, Mac, Linux and Chromebook. Try it if Google Task is your daily todo list, but sometimes you want to: - make the sidebar wider / bigger / fullscreen - use it alone in a separate window / separate tab, not on the side of gmail / google calendar - have a dedicated desktop client or PWA that you can pin to the Taskbar / Dock - print or export your list - sort the lists in the order you want - work offline - you simply miss Google Tasks "canvas" in the old days (https://mail.google.com/tasks/canvas).
- (2021-04-11) Corvayn Esdren: Works perfectly
- (2021-04-10) John Tusch: Gave this one a try and quickly found myself using it for both work and home. Remarkably robust, particularly considering the limits the API puts on third party developers. Nice job, folks!
- (2021-04-09) Tomás Ferro: Uma dica é poder ajustar o tamanho dos 3 blocos de informação (Nome da Lista, Subtítulos e Descrição), ajudaria bastante e não atrapalharia ninguém, pois só ajusta quem quer ;) Muito boa a extensão!
- (2021-04-09) samadhi singh: overzichtelijk en minimalistisch.
- (2021-04-08) Javier Arcega Medellín: Very useful
- (2021-04-08) Wayne Wilson: Great extension.
- (2021-04-07) Julia da Silva: It great. It is so helpful to keep track of my tasks, and my kids homework. I opened different windows of the browser logged into different users in order to track tasks for different users (me and my kids). I like that it is easy to list by date, and it is easy to print. I print my kids homework list for them.
- (2021-04-07) Dirk Lohse: An sich gutes, aber auch verbesserungswürdiges Tool. Als mangelhaft ist zu erwähnen: - die Option für eine konkrete Einstellung der Tageszeit für die jeweiligen Aufgaben, so wie im originären Google Task fehlt - wie bereits von anderen Nutzern auch erwähnt, fehlt eine Suchfunktion - Aufgabenbezeichnungen werden z. T. falsch übersetzt bzw. dargestellt, trotz Umstellung auf die deutsche Sprache - Prioritäten setzen für die jeweilige Aufgabe fehlt Für den anspruchslosen Privatanwender dürfte dieses Werkzeug genügen.
- (2021-04-07) Mahdi Moosavi: Best Chrome app ever exist
- (2021-04-06) Tamir Offek: very good
- (2021-04-06) Jeremy Hagberg: Incredible List app. I use this on a daily basis to keep my life organized, on both phone, tablet, and desktop. Keep up the awesome work!!
- (2021-04-06) Павло Бобко: Супер додаток
- (2021-04-05) James Hunt: Was excellent until the developer started charging. Sorry But not worth the cost you're asking, for such a small plugin. I mean you can buy affinity photo for £50. If you was asking £5 then fine, But £20! Sorry Ive moved on.
- (2021-04-04) SHOONYA: ZING ZING AMAZING
- (2021-03-31) Fran Nelbach: Simple, clean, does everything I want in list management.
- (2021-03-30) Sarper Boz: Makes life liveable, work workable, tasks completable...
- (2021-03-28) Glen LeBarr: use it everyday, love it
- (2021-03-26) Aiden: No longer free. The app is nice, but only slightly more convenient than using Google Tasks. $20 is a ridiculous price.
- (2021-03-25) Irina Bacanu: This is the my favourite app after trying many others. It's clean, easy to use, and visually appealing. The full screen version is great,and the Android app is simple. The ability to drag and drop task from one list to another would be extremely helpful.
- (2021-03-24) 機電橋正: 好用
- (2021-03-23) Rick Fabiani: This is the full screen tasks app Google should have developed. It is clean, straightforward, and easy to use. Having a full stand alone window makes it amazingly easier to view and focus on the tasks instead of getting lost in your email or calendar. Obviously it will have some the same limitations as Google Apps does natively, but it also gives you lots of options that the native tasks can't.
- (2021-03-23) Daniel Markovic: I absolutely love having access to my Google Tasks from my phone, and and interact with it on my computer. However, I recently received a pop-up on my pc google tasks saying that because im within the top 10% of most active users on the platform, that I will be forced to purchase the premium membership while the others outside of this 10% will continue to have free access to this service. Not only does it also mention that the premium membership will not add any extra features, if I do not follow through and purchase the membership then some features will be REMOVED. I understand that you have to make money somehow, but why are your loyal users being targeted as if blackmailed or something. Its an unfair and rather stupid method of earning income on your app. Keep it equal for all users, and maybe offer some features along with the membership, because after all, all you are providing is PC access to another company's (Google) free service. Depending on how the memberships are rolled out, I think i'd prefer returning to using solely the mobile app until a competitor or google themselves provides this service for free, as it should be...
- (2021-03-18) Jim Vanderbilt: Strange background color in dark mode, otherwise it does exactly what the description promised.
- (2021-03-18) Rowan Costello: Banger. Love it.
- (2021-03-17) Telmo Amaral: Clean, user-friendly, excellent.
- (2021-03-17) Yernar Knayatov: The extension doesn't work on chromium(on archlinux os), I couldn't sign in.
- (2021-03-15) Bruno Bastos: I love this extension. Now I can organizer my tasks more easily. Also the RAM usage is low (40 megabytes) compared to other extensions. I recommend it.
- (2021-03-15) Jong Lee: Please do not remove this, And please add a standalone tab option.
- (2021-03-14) __JASON__ __W__: Use it everyday, very well done and love the popout option
- (2021-03-12) John Stinson: Great layout, task and note all in one view.
- (2021-03-11) Joe Villarreal: Awesome task tool that I can take anywhere (view on my phone) and come up with ideas (read tasks and update "Google Tasks" tasks - as I wait in DMV lines or any other boring - wait lines.
- (2021-03-10) Martin R: Brilliant - way better UI (at least for me!) for Tasks than I've seen elsewhere - thanks so much!
- (2021-03-08) Martin Spangenberg: Cortito y al pié! ;) No la cambio por nada.
- (2021-03-08) Renee B.: I'm really happy to be able to use Tasks without needing to open a Google app like Gmail or Docs. However, it'd be nice to be able to see completed tasks and set a time for tasks (right now, you can only set a date. Overall, this is a very convenient extension and one I will definitely be keeping.
- (2021-03-08) Siddharth rathod: Unfortunately cannot see/update the time associated with the tasks
- (2021-03-05) George Ghannam: Excellent app has so much more to offer.
- (2021-03-03) Tom Kristoffer Olsen: Fungerer akkurat slik den skal, med keyboard shortcuts.
- (2021-03-03) Trung Dũng Mai: amazing good chóp Dev
- (2021-03-03) Robert Moritz: Works as advertised. Use it probably 20 times a day.
- (2021-03-01) Maggie Nichols: I love having the Google Tasks app on my phone, so being able to have it on my Mac as a chrome extension is really helpful for keeping track of my assignments for online classes. I like the dark mode a lot and the ability to have my tasks in a separate window. I do wish it was an actual app rather than just an extension, but it does sync with the app on my phone flawlessly, so I really can't complain. I also really like how it shows up on my google calendar without taking up a ton of space. Overall, great extension!
- (2021-03-01) Eli Gearing: Great tool, particularly with the desktop function available, to manage different tasks, such as homework.
- (2021-02-26) Patricia Pérez: Es perfecta para hacer listas de tareas rápidas, muy útil si quieres algo muy sencillo.
- (2021-02-26) adresty: 这是一个很棒的插件。完美支持 Google Tasks。 建议使用前看完2分钟的教学视频。虽然不看也行，但是看了会更加喜欢它。
- (2021-02-24) Andy Valdez: Works well and auto-syncs to my other devices Google Tasks apps.
- (2021-02-23) Hyuk Jang Kwon: 편해요~!
- (2021-02-23) Jared Yates Decker: This App is really great. It is very straight forward but also very functional. I would really like to see a Search function as I have many many lists and sometimes can't remember which list a particular item has been added to or where I added specific comment about an item.
- (2021-02-22) Alper ian: genel kullanım olarak iyi gözüküyor. listelerdeki sıralama ile ilgili bazı sıkıntıları var.
- (2021-02-20) Андрій Шевців: Thank you very much for this awesome extension! It is very useful and helpful for me.
- (2021-02-18) Adam Seatts: This a wonderful extension. It does what it says, and I pinned to my desktop. It is a much needed feature that was missing. *Gratitude*
- (2021-02-17) Juan Vicente Durá Gil: Me facilita el trabajo
- (2020-02-28, v:1.8.7) Mallesh Murugesan: Sign in to Google Tasks
When I click on Sign in to Google Tasks. It says Waiting for SIgnin Window for ever.. never shows the signin window.
- (2020-02-27, v:1.8.7) Shukhrad Mutairov: Улучшения. Version 1.8.7
1. Add the ability to convert a task into a subtask and vice versa by dragging and dropping with the mouse as in Google Keep. 2. When the mouse cursor focuses on the interface element, clicking on the right mouse button should open the context menu. The menu should open next to the cursor: the position of the upper left corner of the menu should coincide with the position of the cursor. 3. Duplicate the delete task button, for example, in the task description window. 4. In the advanced default settings, activate the task deletion function. Or activate this feature and remove the button that allows users to disable it. 5. By default, set the mode to "Normal Tab". 6. Add a button to add a subtask in the task description window.
- (2020-02-25, v:1.8.7) Matt Jan: Export Completed Tasks
Hi, how can I load all completed tasks in one go like in gmail and then export them? Currently I have to keep clicking "load earlier tasks" then when I reach the total, the export options disappear.
- (2020-02-22, v:1.8.6) Zee Y: Could use a better modifier key for keyboard shortcuts on mac
For instance, the tilde is a good one
- (2020-02-21, v:1.7.22) Bob Harvey: Message when close app
When I close the app I get message "Changes you made may not be saved" but I don't see an option to save. The FAQ says everything gets saved automatically so I don't understand the message upon closing.
- (2020-02-15, v:1.7.22) erica kumer: task extension
When i get to the screen to choose my account, i choose it and the next window that comes up i believe goes bigger than my screen, i can't minimize, so it stops there
- (2020-02-11, v:1.7.19) Rick Robinette: Cannot Sign In From Another Chromium Based Browser (Vivaldi)
I love this very useful extension and it worked (for me) just fine using Google Chrome; however, if I install the extension using the Chromium based browser Vivaldi it installs fine, but it will not allow me to sign-in to my Google Account. I will see a button to sign in, and after clicking on it I will be redirected to an "Error 404' page where the sync fails. Thank you for such a great extension.
- (2020-02-10, v:1.7.19) Alexander MacLeod: Export/Print Completed Items
I noticed that I'm able to export a list of items to be done. Would it be possible to add that functionality for items that have been marked complete?
- (2020-01-28, v:1.7.13) Hari Haran: Option to add tasks with TIME
Want option to set reminders with TIME. Google Tasks Mobile app has been upgraded with option to set reminders with date and TIME.
- (2020-01-26, v:1.7.13) Jens Weigel: Thank you and question
Great, thanks for the implementation. I searched for a long time after the termination of google task in chrome how can I start the version of the desktop app as a stand-alone without starting chrome? ask for example via autostart?
- (2020-01-15, v:1.7.11) Rob Snelders: A Compliment, not a Question or a Problem. Yes: I also have a Suggestion ...
Hi Yes! Yes! Yes! Finally, finally some-one solved the completely ludicrous idiotic missing List re-ordering issue. If I may, as a developer. It would be so, so, so great if you would allow this app: 1) To rename and re-order your lists - uyou already do that by renaming and using numbers as part of the name 2) To "reload" the lists to the Google Tasks database, by means of a) Create temporary names for the old lists b) Create New lists with a) the Original name AND b) Copy their Tasks in the proper order within Google Tasks c) Delete the Original lists And doing so, your app would allow you to re-order the lists within Google Tasks. By then, we would build a statue for this Chrome Extension tool and it's Founder/Developer: you!. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! ;-) Rob Snelders, [email protected]
- (2020-01-14, v:1.5.18) Vinit Grover: privacy
is it safe to use this extension. are not you be able to read what's in task.
- (2020-01-13, v:1.5.18) Tarquin Evans: Serious Wunderlist Alternative
Just come across this extension and really impressed!! If you can make it so that lists could be reordered manually and also so that they show the number of tasks in each list i think you would have a very serious alternative to Wunderlist!! Throw hashtag functionality in as well and i will be a lifetime user!! ;-D
- (2020-01-09, v:1.5.18) Liz Bedwell: URL Links in Task Description
Firstly, love the app, I use it everyday for work it has been a life saver. (Especially when switching from Microsoft To Do and into GSuite.) However are there any plans to make handling URLs in the Task Description more human readable? Or at least allow for linking to Google Drive Files? Thanks.
- (2019-12-30, v:1.5.11) Cora Carmody: Syncing list order to Android App
Hi, great implementation, thank you very much! When I installed this, I was thinking that the order of lists that I set in the browser would replicate to my Tasks App - did I get that wrong? That was pretty much the main reason I was trying this - but I do like that fact that I can do that on the web (using your alphabetical tip for 1. 2, 3...). I'd like to see the same order on my phone.
- (2019-12-27, v:1.5.11) Darryl Olson: Thanks and Printing Future Recurring Events
Thanks for the great app! It's my experience that it does not print future recurring events that have occurred at least once in the past. These events appear in the Completed section of the Google Tasks app. Darryl
- (2019-12-25, v:1.5.11) Lani: Thank you.
Thank you for developing a good app. Do you have any offline support plans? And... I don't see English on the List Subject. The title is always in my native language. It's like a bug.
- (2019-12-18, v:1.5.9) Keith Gyarmati: Separate login than from Browser login
I am unable to use this extension as it is pulling login from the browser instead of allowing a separate login.
- (2019-12-17, v:1.5.9) Benjamin Staneck: Dark Mode?
Any plans to support dark mode?
- (2019-12-14, v:1.5.9) אורי דרורי: Can't log in
Hello! for some reason, when I press the sign in button I get a 404 - URL not found message. Is this familiar? what could be the cause of this? I am using Vivaldi, don't know if that's an important detail.
- (2019-12-10, v:1.5.9) P Cooper: Make tasks's notes more accessible
Hi. Thank you very much for providing this great extension! The only hope I have with it is that it seems to be impossible to easily get at the notes associated with a task, e.g. to copy all tasks in a list with all their notes to the clipboard. Could you possibly include an option to include the full notes text in the tasks list display or, at least, to do so in the 'printer friendly' view? Many thanks!
- (2019-12-05, v:1.5.8) John Zehr: Full screen for GTasks
- (2019-12-02, v:1.5.6) Rachel Schaefer: Can't login
I installed the extension and clicked the "sign in to google tasks" button. It opened another tab on chrome and I signed in successfully, but my tasks won't load on the extension. It just keeps saying "sign in to google tasks". I have restarted my browser and my computer and this did not solve the problem.
- (2019-12-01, v:1.5.6) Richard Aslett: Completed items - view to print
I see how to do this now. Thanks.
- (2019-12-01, v:1.5.6) Richard Aslett: Completed items...
This is such a good move! Thanks for your development of this product. Question: when I mark an item as done.....where does it go :) ? I would like to print off every now and then and see where I have completed certain things. Is that possible?
- (2019-11-25, v:1.5.3) Harold Treysse: Full Screen for Google Tasks - Chrom
Unfortunately, I can not enter repetitions, such as weekly. Will that be changed?
- (2019-11-17, v:1.5.3) Daniel Beaudoin: Time
Hi there, Great stuff. Is there a way to add the time for the task. This is possible in the gmail mode, but I can't find it here?
- (2019-10-28, v:1.2.6) Dan Schneider: Last suggestion: Multiple Google accounts
Not sure if this is possible, but it would be great to be able to view tasks from multiple Google accounts (e.g. a personal account and a work account).
- (2019-10-28, v:1.2.6) Dan Schneider: "By Date" sort needs "Indent" and "Add subtask," too
Please add the "Indent" and "Add Subtask" functions while tasks are sorted by date, too, just like currently exists in the default "manual sort" list view. This will allow the user to do these actions without changing the sort back and forth.
- (2019-10-28, v:1.2.6) Dan Schneider: Bravo ... Suggesting sorts, but more importantly -- Multi record edit
Bravo ... This is awesome. ..... Google should be doing this, because the side bar in Calendar is not sufficient (and "one at a time" in the Calendar grid view is just untenable). //-------> "Yes please" on the sort option for Tasklists; and having a setting for default sort for tasks as 'By date' would be great, too. //-------> But omg ... I'll petition that you be canonized as a saint if you can figure out how to make "multiple edit" happen. I regularly want to change the date or time for 3 or 4 at a time, and opening each to edit them individually just seems unnecessary at this point.
- (2019-10-22, v:1.2.6) Na Se: Problem of lists order
Hi. Thank you for nice extension. Lists order of extension different lists order of google tasks web. I'd like to fix it. Thank you again.