Standalone Google Tasks app for desktop!
A Google Tasks app for computer users. It can either open in a new tab, or launch an independent window like a desktop app - works the same on Windows PC, Mac, Linux and Chromebook. Try it if Google Task is your daily todo list, but sometimes you want to: - make the sidebar wider / bigger / fullscreen - use it alone in a separate window / separate tab, not on the side of gmail / google calendar - search across all lists - have a dedicated desktop client or PWA that you can pin to the Taskbar / Dock - print or export your list - sort the lists in the order you want - work offline Also available as a web version: https://fullscreen-for-googletasks.com/
- (2023-11-27) Paul Roth: This is very helpful. Thank you for putting it together. For anyone interested - Google does have a full screen view for tasks now (although it does not provide the wider text area for entering in details) https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/r/tasks As one question - because this is using oAuth - does that mean that all our requests are going through a developer app - and could be incurring API requests? has there been thoughts of open sourcing it?
- (2023-11-23) Atsushi Yamaguchi: 使いやすい
- (2023-11-13) ryu manman: 仕事には欠かせないものです。
- (2023-11-10) Tae Ok Kang: sangat bagus
- (2023-11-10) Juan Ignacio Rollando Demalde: Es muy comoda verlo en pantalla completa. La utilizo todos los días. La mejor. Instalenla.
- (2023-11-02) Bart: Potentially very useful, since Google made the poor decision to limit the task list to a tiny sidebar. The dark mode of this extension is, unfortunately, a strange, distracting, teal color instead of a more suitable black or gray and can not be customized, making me avoid using it.
- (2023-10-25) Dmitriy Ilnytskiy: чому гугл самі не випустили такого додатку досі не зрозуміло.
- (2023-10-12) Tiago de Man: Best Full-Screen app for tasks! It´s free, reliable, and works only in my browser, and no login is necessary. You will miss some features from the original Google app, though. You can choose only the date when setting a task, but time and recurrency are unavailable through Google API. It´s the developer´s fault, but it is still a missing feature. Other than that, it is a great app that gives you a perspective of your tasks in full-screen mode. Keep up with the great work!
- (2023-10-10) Gilles Devillers: Bizarrement, il semble que l’on ne puisse ni consulter ni éditer les heures de rappel des tâches, seulement les jours.
- (2023-10-04) Chev. Andrew Farrugia: There needs to be a more detailed notification process. When you add a Date to a taks, there needs to be an alarm type system that notifies you when your tasks are nearing the start date. Otherwise it's a great app so far.
- (2023-09-30) Luis Reyes: Nice.
- (2023-09-28) Peter Hansen: Pros: ironclad in not mis-organizing my tasks and not having tasks mysteriously vanish or disappear (like I've had happen in other apps), it's reliable and consistent. Cons: It feels uncomfortable in that there is no drag and drop system to reorganize task to other lists. And there's a bunch of neat hotkey shortcuts that seem necessary to fully utilize the extension, but they seem inconsistent in their reliability and intuitiveness.
- (2023-09-28) Norman Manzon: Much easier to find and edit tasks than when in sidebar.
- (2023-09-26) Kunihiro TAKEDA: 非常に使いやすいです。これがあるとないとでは大違い。
- (2023-09-23) Radia Latief: Been using this for a few years now, mainly because it's currently the only way we can work with tasks on large screen.
- (2023-09-20) tulas personalizadas: Te ayuda mucho para organizar tareas y ser mas productivo.
- (2023-09-16) Hoek: Best Google Task app ever! Thanks.
- (2023-09-15) Andrei Kladkevich: Очень нравится расширение! В некоторых случаях намного удобней работать на полном экране. Замечание: не нашел, как удалять задачу. Не помечать как отмеченная, а именно удалять. К примеру, случайно создал ненужную пустую задачу. Если этой функции нету - просьба добавить, если нет - просьба пояснить, как это делать.
- (2023-09-13) Milton Almeida: Muito prático, dinâmico e de fácil acesso com a aba reduzida.
- (2023-09-11) Max Laporta: Muito pratico para quem prefere usar o teclado do computador!
- (2023-09-06) Ming-Tse Liu: 如果能貼圖，更好
- (2023-09-03) Giel Verbeeck: Have been using it for two years. Because you have list of lists you can scribble down anything (private/professional, short/longterm, simple/complex) Very useful to me.
- (2023-09-02) Michael Perfect: This is really good, can we have set TIME reminder as well, like on the original app, not just date ? :)
- (2023-08-28) Thiago Pereira: This app help I lot.
- (2023-08-27) Francesco Generali: Nel momento in cui sto scrivendo risolve egregiamente la bizzarra scelta di google di lasciar usare task solo nelle schermate di Gmail/Calendar...
- (2023-08-21) Vincent Caniedo: Trés pratique et bien pensé ! Bravo
- (2023-08-21) Andrew McCann: I use Gmail and Gcal regularly, so having a more useful Task interface is great. Would be nice if I could change the bright-yellow color at the top to something matching my PC theme, but not a dealbreaker. I would pay at least $5 for this app, if not more for "lifetime".
- (2023-08-18) Julio Cesar M.: I would be even better if you open source it under some license, anyway is a great extension.
- (2023-08-11) deno hubbard: 好用
- (2023-08-08) 劉曼曼: シンプルで使いやすくて助かってます。 機能も不自由ないです、ありがとうございます。
- (2023-08-08) Erika Ward: I absolutely love this so far and don't mind the dark theme color at all - my only concern is that I can't see my starred tasks?? So just wish I could work with those here. Other than that, definitely a great way to work with my tasks outside of the regular task lists in the google apps. Thank you!!
- (2023-07-30) Fco.-Javier Gonzalez: Muy práctico
- (2023-07-27) ayako Sueyoshi: シンプル
- (2023-07-26) Romualdo Bonacchi: Muy útil, sencillo y práctico.
- (2023-07-23) 大塚祥仁: 数日前から急にGoogle連携できなくなりました。 タスク管理にとても役立っていたので、残念です。早く直ってくれることを期待しています。
- (2023-07-20) Jeremy Dorrough: Dark mode is Emerald Green. Who thought this was a good idea? Disgusting. Uninstalled.
- (2023-07-15) Paolo Gallo: Ottima. la uso quotidianamente a supporto di google calendar.-
- (2023-07-14) elektrofolk: Absolut zuverlässige und extrem nützliche Erweiterung, da Google selbst diese Funktion nicht zur Verfügung stellt.
- (2023-07-12) 高橋祥吾-: 本当に大好きなので星5にしましたが、リマインダー機能(時間指定タスクの一定時間前に通知する)と定期タスクの設定機能があったら星5000でした。機能追加待ってます！
- (2023-06-17) Ryan Hale: Exactly as advertised. This is not a full featured app but a skin for the barely minimal Google Tasks. This little app has literally allowed me to actually =use= Google Tasks because this is such a better presentation. No, there is no printing function nor theme availability nor any of the functionality on the other larger or more expensive apps. This is the way Google Tasks =should be= at the very minimum. I don't mind paying the $20 lifetime fee since this is what works for me.
- (2023-06-14) Jose Juan de OpenHR: Imprescindible. Es bueno tener acceso a las tareas desde otros programas, pero Tareas necesita su propio entorno.
- (2023-06-11) Валерий Селютин: perfect
- (2023-06-10) Сергей Степанченко: по сочетанию функциональности, простоты и подручности отлично зашло в свою нишу. то, что нужно!
- (2023-06-08) Brandon Graff: Another example, among many, of Google falling flat on its' face. NONE of my Google tasks that are created within Docs show up in the plugin or any other Google-compatible task app. Keep staring in the mirror, Google, you ARE awesome!
- (2023-06-07) Jacopo Livolsi: Great extension, the only missing feature is the possibility to insert the time reminder for the tasks (this is available on the Android app)
- (2023-06-06) marcel grossert consulting: I use it every day. it works well and stable. There are a few things which can be improved. 1) Repeating tasks are not shown as that (and you cannot change iterations). 2) I would like to switch between different google accounts directly in the app
- (2023-05-30) Jason McElhenney: # Paywalled Normal Functionality -- Good App Prior This would be 4 or 5 stars if I wasn't -- without any warning I had seen -- shown a "upgrade or you can't use this anymore" screen, which also told me that I WAS in fact warned... not very classy. Overall this is a decently well written application, but I will not be paying for it. I already thought the dark theme left a lot to be desired (it has like, 2 colors, non-configurable... I was injecting my own code to restyle it and change the fonts.) and the ordering of elements was extremely inconsistent between devices. WIth the negatives out of the way -- overall, I had a good experience using this website. If I were less capable, and had more money, I think a $20 lifetime membership would be more than fair. Funnily enough, I was searching for any reference to the actual authors, or the source code of this project a few weeks ago, and came up short. I suppose this is why.
- (2023-05-24) Gerardo Sandoval: Me gustó la aplicación sólo que en web si puedo poner hora de recordatorio y en desktop no me lo permite, creo que deberían habilitarlo.
- (2023-05-22) 소훈: 추천합니다. 그리고 개발자님에게 기능 한가지 추가 제안드립니다. 현재 스마트폰에서 '공유'시 사용할 앱으로 구글 테스크를 지정했을 때 해당 웹 제목과 '링크'가 추가됩니다. 이 앱에는 아직 그 기능이 제공되지 않는 것 같습니다. 굳이 구글메일을 열지 않아도 되도록 기능이 추가되면 금상첨화일 것 같습니다.
- (2023-05-21) Shah Haseeb Ahmad Khan: The best.
- (2020-02-28, v:1.8.7) Mallesh Murugesan: Sign in to Google Tasks
When I click on Sign in to Google Tasks. It says Waiting for SIgnin Window for ever.. never shows the signin window.
- (2020-02-27, v:1.8.7) Shukhrad Mutairov: Улучшения. Version 1.8.7
1. Add the ability to convert a task into a subtask and vice versa by dragging and dropping with the mouse as in Google Keep. 2. When the mouse cursor focuses on the interface element, clicking on the right mouse button should open the context menu. The menu should open next to the cursor: the position of the upper left corner of the menu should coincide with the position of the cursor. 3. Duplicate the delete task button, for example, in the task description window. 4. In the advanced default settings, activate the task deletion function. Or activate this feature and remove the button that allows users to disable it. 5. By default, set the mode to "Normal Tab". 6. Add a button to add a subtask in the task description window.
- (2020-02-25, v:1.8.7) Matt Jan: Export Completed Tasks
Hi, how can I load all completed tasks in one go like in gmail and then export them? Currently I have to keep clicking "load earlier tasks" then when I reach the total, the export options disappear.
- (2020-02-22, v:1.8.6) Zee Yin: Could use a better modifier key for keyboard shortcuts on mac
For instance, the tilde is a good one
- (2020-02-21, v:1.7.22) Bob Harvey: Message when close app
When I close the app I get message "Changes you made may not be saved" but I don't see an option to save. The FAQ says everything gets saved automatically so I don't understand the message upon closing.
- (2020-02-15, v:1.7.22) erica kumer: task extension
When i get to the screen to choose my account, i choose it and the next window that comes up i believe goes bigger than my screen, i can't minimize, so it stops there
- (2020-02-11, v:1.7.19) Rick Robinette: Cannot Sign In From Another Chromium Based Browser (Vivaldi)
I love this very useful extension and it worked (for me) just fine using Google Chrome; however, if I install the extension using the Chromium based browser Vivaldi it installs fine, but it will not allow me to sign-in to my Google Account. I will see a button to sign in, and after clicking on it I will be redirected to an "Error 404' page where the sync fails. Thank you for such a great extension.
- (2020-02-10, v:1.7.19) Alexander MacLeod: Export/Print Completed Items
I noticed that I'm able to export a list of items to be done. Would it be possible to add that functionality for items that have been marked complete?
- (2020-01-28, v:1.7.13) Hari Haran: Option to add tasks with TIME
Want option to set reminders with TIME. Google Tasks Mobile app has been upgraded with option to set reminders with date and TIME.
- (2020-01-26, v:1.7.13) Jens Weigel: Thank you and question
Great, thanks for the implementation. I searched for a long time after the termination of google task in chrome how can I start the version of the desktop app as a stand-alone without starting chrome? ask for example via autostart?
- (2020-01-15, v:1.7.11) Rob Snelders: A Compliment, not a Question or a Problem. Yes: I also have a Suggestion ...
Hi Yes! Yes! Yes! Finally, finally some-one solved the completely ludicrous idiotic missing List re-ordering issue. If I may, as a developer. It would be so, so, so great if you would allow this app: 1) To rename and re-order your lists - uyou already do that by renaming and using numbers as part of the name 2) To "reload" the lists to the Google Tasks database, by means of a) Create temporary names for the old lists b) Create New lists with a) the Original name AND b) Copy their Tasks in the proper order within Google Tasks c) Delete the Original lists And doing so, your app would allow you to re-order the lists within Google Tasks. By then, we would build a statue for this Chrome Extension tool and it's Founder/Developer: you!. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! ;-) Rob Snelders, [email protected].
- (2020-01-14, v:1.5.18) Vinit Grover: privacy
is it safe to use this extension. are not you be able to read what's in task.
- (2020-01-13, v:1.5.18) Tarquin Evans: Serious Wunderlist Alternative
Just come across this extension and really impressed!! If you can make it so that lists could be reordered manually and also so that they show the number of tasks in each list i think you would have a very serious alternative to Wunderlist!! Throw hashtag functionality in as well and i will be a lifetime user!! ;-D
- (2020-01-09, v:1.5.18) Liz Bedwell: URL Links in Task Description
Firstly, love the app, I use it everyday for work it has been a life saver. (Especially when switching from Microsoft To Do and into GSuite.) However are there any plans to make handling URLs in the Task Description more human readable? Or at least allow for linking to Google Drive Files? Thanks.
- (2019-12-30, v:1.5.11) Cora Carmody: Syncing list order to Android App
Hi, great implementation, thank you very much! When I installed this, I was thinking that the order of lists that I set in the browser would replicate to my Tasks App - did I get that wrong? That was pretty much the main reason I was trying this - but I do like that fact that I can do that on the web (using your alphabetical tip for 1. 2, 3...). I'd like to see the same order on my phone.
- (2019-12-27, v:1.5.11) Darryl Olson: Thanks and Printing Future Recurring Events
Thanks for the great app! It's my experience that it does not print future recurring events that have occurred at least once in the past. These events appear in the Completed section of the Google Tasks app. Darryl
- (2019-12-25, v:1.5.11) Lani: Thank you.
Thank you for developing a good app. Do you have any offline support plans? And... I don't see English on the List Subject. The title is always in my native language. It's like a bug.
- (2019-12-18, v:1.5.9) Keith Gyarmati: Separate login than from Browser login
I am unable to use this extension as it is pulling login from the browser instead of allowing a separate login.
- (2019-12-17, v:1.5.9) Benjamin Staneck: Dark Mode?
Any plans to support dark mode?
- (2019-12-14, v:1.5.9) אורי דרורי: Can't log in
Hello! for some reason, when I press the sign in button I get a 404 - URL not found message. Is this familiar? what could be the cause of this? I am using Vivaldi, don't know if that's an important detail.
- (2019-12-10, v:1.5.9) P Cooper: Make tasks's notes more accessible
Hi. Thank you very much for providing this great extension! The only hope I have with it is that it seems to be impossible to easily get at the notes associated with a task, e.g. to copy all tasks in a list with all their notes to the clipboard. Could you possibly include an option to include the full notes text in the tasks list display or, at least, to do so in the 'printer friendly' view? Many thanks!
- (2019-12-05, v:1.5.8) John Zehr: Full screen for GTasks
- (2019-12-02, v:1.5.6) Rachel Schaefer: Can't login
I installed the extension and clicked the "sign in to google tasks" button. It opened another tab on chrome and I signed in successfully, but my tasks won't load on the extension. It just keeps saying "sign in to google tasks". I have restarted my browser and my computer and this did not solve the problem.
- (2019-12-01, v:1.5.6) Richard Aslett: Completed items - view to print
I see how to do this now. Thanks.
- (2019-12-01, v:1.5.6) Richard Aslett: Completed items...
This is such a good move! Thanks for your development of this product. Question: when I mark an item as done.....where does it go :) ? I would like to print off every now and then and see where I have completed certain things. Is that possible?
- (2019-11-25, v:1.5.3) Harold Treysse: Full Screen for Google Tasks - Chrom
Unfortunately, I can not enter repetitions, such as weekly. Will that be changed?
- (2019-11-17, v:1.5.3) Daniel Beaudoin: Time
Hi there, Great stuff. Is there a way to add the time for the task. This is possible in the gmail mode, but I can't find it here?
- (2019-10-28, v:1.2.6) Dan Schneider: Last suggestion: Multiple Google accounts
Not sure if this is possible, but it would be great to be able to view tasks from multiple Google accounts (e.g. a personal account and a work account).
- (2019-10-28, v:1.2.6) Dan Schneider: "By Date" sort needs "Indent" and "Add subtask," too
Please add the "Indent" and "Add Subtask" functions while tasks are sorted by date, too, just like currently exists in the default "manual sort" list view. This will allow the user to do these actions without changing the sort back and forth.
- (2019-10-28, v:1.2.6) Dan Schneider: Bravo ... Suggesting sorts, but more importantly -- Multi record edit
Bravo ... This is awesome. ..... Google should be doing this, because the side bar in Calendar is not sufficient (and "one at a time" in the Calendar grid view is just untenable). //-------> "Yes please" on the sort option for Tasklists; and having a setting for default sort for tasks as 'By date' would be great, too. //-------> But omg ... I'll petition that you be canonized as a saint if you can figure out how to make "multiple edit" happen. I regularly want to change the date or time for 3 or 4 at a time, and opening each to edit them individually just seems unnecessary at this point.
- (2019-10-22, v:1.2.6) Na Se: Problem of lists order
Hi. Thank you for nice extension. Lists order of extension different lists order of google tasks web. I'd like to fix it. Thank you again.