Standalone Google Tasks app for desktop!
A cross-platform Google Tasks app for computer users. It can either open in a new tab, or launch an independent window like a desktop app - works the same on Windows PC, Mac, Linux and Chromebook. Try it if Google Task is your daily todo list, but sometimes you want to: - make the sidebar wider / bigger / fullscreen - use it alone in a separate window / separate tab, not on the side of gmail / google calendar - have a dedicated desktop client or PWA that you can pin to the Taskbar / Dock - print or export your list - sort the lists in the order you want - work offline - you simply miss Google Tasks "canvas" in the old days (https://mail.google.com/tasks/canvas).
- (2020-08-02) Derek: works
- (2020-08-02) Sudheer Rao: Very handy application. Simple and yet efficient. can be accessed on multiple devices and synced. Excellent !
- (2020-08-02) Proximian: This extension is simple and gives you access to what you need and nothing more. I prefer using this even if I have Gmail open with my Google Tasks bar in view. Very well done.
- (2020-08-02) Artur L: The extension works ok for basic use but you CAN'T ADD/EDIT TIME for any task, just the date. In this respect it's not fully functional and you still have to use the native Google calendar interface (or the mobile app) to set the time.
- (2020-08-02) Ti-Kuang Lee: like to have custom color theme, show all tasks (from all lists)
- (2020-08-02) Sandra Maldonado: Solo falta que le incluyan la opción de agregar horas
- (2020-08-01) Vaibhav Shukla: Excellent
- (2020-07-30) Zoltán Major: Egyszerű, jó kis program.
- (2020-07-28) Dr Prashant Murugkar: found this great extension that makes google tasks so much easier to handle, love it thanks to the developers best wishes
- (2020-07-27) Sim est: A beautiful way to access google tasks (as an app on desktop). Sadly it is broken now (in app mode with shortcut pinned) it just opens the extensions page now.
- (2020-07-25) katsumi kinjo: シンプルで多機能。操作性が良く、拡張設定のピン留め、アドレスバー隣の拡張ボタン等、非常にアクセスしやすい。重宝する拡張機能です。とてもオススメ。
- (2020-07-23) Erik Edwards: This is wonderful and a perfect fix for Google disabling the canvas view of Google Tasks. My kudos to the dev.
- (2020-07-22) Simon Reid Music: Excellent app - perfectly simple and does exactly what I need it to. Thank you!
- (2020-07-22) Kevin Polpitiya: It could be better if it showed the number of tasks due for each list, allowing the user to prioritize. However, it is overall, a great app.
- (2020-07-22) 张伟: 已经设置为中文，不知为何但是仍然显示为英文，四颗星！
- (2020-07-20) Adam Gerard: So glad this exists.
- (2020-07-20) Martin R Ricketts: Less is more. The most sophisticated and elegant solution emerge when there's nothing left to remove. Simple, intuitive, elegant. Leonardo da Vinci said, “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” Nuf said.
- (2020-07-20) Oisin Knauss: Overall love the extension. I wish there was a calendar view of all your tasks, but that is a google issue since it is not even available in the main Tasks app.
- (2020-07-18) Claude Béguin: Pratique, simple et efficace: de plus toutes les possibilités pour manager selon ses désirs (sous-tâches, priorités, délais...) BRAVO !
- (2020-07-17) Mikulas Zacok: perfektny addons pre google task, toto mal google urobit sam.
- (2020-07-17) Mohammad Mahdi Karima: یک افزونهی لازم برای هرکس که برنامهریزی داره دمتون گرم، عالیه
- (2020-07-16) Paul Beelen: Super handige tool. Niet alleen de full screen versie voor op de computer, maar gecombineerd met de Google app op de telefoon heb je altijd al je taken bij de hand. Met kalender/tijd meldingen
- (2020-07-15) Kent Matsueda: Essential, OS-agnostic tool that keeps me on track. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
- (2020-07-15) Asad Kazmi: Extremely useful app
- (2020-07-14) Mark Fowler: This extension makes using Tasks much easier. I like the fact that it is full screen. This is where I go to editing Tasks, rearrange tasks in the order i need to do them, and keep them on my desktop. If Search was enabled and you could spread your list across the page, it would be nearly perfect. As it is, I have to use two other apps to access, organize and visualize my tasks. aCalendar for my android, and TaskBoard to search and layout the lists into a project view.
- (2020-02-28, v:1.8.7) Mallesh Murugesan: Sign in to Google Tasks
When I click on Sign in to Google Tasks. It says Waiting for SIgnin Window for ever.. never shows the signin window.
- (2020-02-27, v:1.8.7) Shukhrad Mutairov: Улучшения. Version 1.8.7
1. Add the ability to convert a task into a subtask and vice versa by dragging and dropping with the mouse as in Google Keep. 2. When the mouse cursor focuses on the interface element, clicking on the right mouse button should open the context menu. The menu should open next to the cursor: the position of the upper left corner of the menu should coincide with the position of the cursor. 3. Duplicate the delete task button, for example, in the task description window. 4. In the advanced default settings, activate the task deletion function. Or activate this feature and remove the button that allows users to disable it. 5. By default, set the mode to "Normal Tab". 6. Add a button to add a subtask in the task description window.
- (2020-02-25, v:1.8.7) Matt Jan: Export Completed Tasks
Hi, how can I load all completed tasks in one go like in gmail and then export them? Currently I have to keep clicking "load earlier tasks" then when I reach the total, the export options disappear.
- (2020-02-22, v:1.8.6) Zhi Yin: Could use a better modifier key for keyboard shortcuts on mac
For instance, the tilde is a good one
- (2020-02-21, v:1.7.22) Bob Harvey: Message when close app
When I close the app I get message "Changes you made may not be saved" but I don't see an option to save. The FAQ says everything gets saved automatically so I don't understand the message upon closing.
- (2020-02-15, v:1.7.22) erica kumer: task extension
When i get to the screen to choose my account, i choose it and the next window that comes up i believe goes bigger than my screen, i can't minimize, so it stops there
- (2020-02-11, v:1.7.19) Rick Robinette: Cannot Sign In From Another Chromium Based Browser (Vivaldi)
I love this very useful extension and it worked (for me) just fine using Google Chrome; however, if I install the extension using the Chromium based browser Vivaldi it installs fine, but it will not allow me to sign-in to my Google Account. I will see a button to sign in, and after clicking on it I will be redirected to an "Error 404' page where the sync fails. Thank you for such a great extension.
- (2020-02-10, v:1.7.19) Alexander MacLeod: Export/Print Completed Items
I noticed that I'm able to export a list of items to be done. Would it be possible to add that functionality for items that have been marked complete?
- (2020-01-28, v:1.7.13) Hari Haran: Option to add tasks with TIME
Want option to set reminders with TIME. Google Tasks Mobile app has been upgraded with option to set reminders with date and TIME.
- (2020-01-26, v:1.7.13) Jens Weigel: Thank you and question
Great, thanks for the implementation. I searched for a long time after the termination of google task in chrome how can I start the version of the desktop app as a stand-alone without starting chrome? ask for example via autostart?
- (2020-01-15, v:1.7.11) Rob Snelders: A Compliment, not a Question or a Problem. Yes: I also have a Suggestion ...
Hi Yes! Yes! Yes! Finally, finally some-one solved the completely ludicrous idiotic missing List re-ordering issue. If I may, as a developer. It would be so, so, so great if you would allow this app: 1) To rename and re-order your lists - uyou already do that by renaming and using numbers as part of the name 2) To "reload" the lists to the Google Tasks database, by means of a) Create temporary names for the old lists b) Create New lists with a) the Original name AND b) Copy their Tasks in the proper order within Google Tasks c) Delete the Original lists And doing so, your app would allow you to re-order the lists within Google Tasks. By then, we would build a statue for this Chrome Extension tool and it's Founder/Developer: you!. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! ;-) Rob Snelders, [email protected]
- (2020-01-14, v:1.5.18) Vinit Grover: privacy
is it safe to use this extension. are not you be able to read what's in task.
- (2020-01-13, v:1.5.18) Tarquin Evans: Serious Wunderlist Alternative
Just come across this extension and really impressed!! If you can make it so that lists could be reordered manually and also so that they show the number of tasks in each list i think you would have a very serious alternative to Wunderlist!! Throw hashtag functionality in as well and i will be a lifetime user!! ;-D
- (2020-01-09, v:1.5.18) Liz Bedwell: URL Links in Task Description
Firstly, love the app, I use it everyday for work it has been a life saver. (Especially when switching from Microsoft To Do and into GSuite.) However are there any plans to make handling URLs in the Task Description more human readable? Or at least allow for linking to Google Drive Files? Thanks.
- (2019-12-30, v:1.5.11) Cora Carmody: Syncing list order to Android App
Hi, great implementation, thank you very much! When I installed this, I was thinking that the order of lists that I set in the browser would replicate to my Tasks App - did I get that wrong? That was pretty much the main reason I was trying this - but I do like that fact that I can do that on the web (using your alphabetical tip for 1. 2, 3...). I'd like to see the same order on my phone.
- (2019-12-27, v:1.5.11) Darryl Olson: Thanks and Printing Future Recurring Events
Thanks for the great app! It's my experience that it does not print future recurring events that have occurred at least once in the past. These events appear in the Completed section of the Google Tasks app. Darryl
- (2019-12-25, v:1.5.11) Lani: Thank you.
Thank you for developing a good app. Do you have any offline support plans? And... I don't see English on the List Subject. The title is always in my native language. It's like a bug.
- (2019-12-18, v:1.5.9) Keith Gyarmati: Separate login than from Browser login
I am unable to use this extension as it is pulling login from the browser instead of allowing a separate login.
- (2019-12-17, v:1.5.9) Benjamin Staneck: Dark Mode?
Any plans to support dark mode?
- (2019-12-14, v:1.5.9) אורי דרורי: Can't log in
Hello! for some reason, when I press the sign in button I get a 404 - URL not found message. Is this familiar? what could be the cause of this? I am using Vivaldi, don't know if that's an important detail.
- (2019-12-10, v:1.5.9) P Cooper: Make tasks's notes more accessible
Hi. Thank you very much for providing this great extension! The only hope I have with it is that it seems to be impossible to easily get at the notes associated with a task, e.g. to copy all tasks in a list with all their notes to the clipboard. Could you possibly include an option to include the full notes text in the tasks list display or, at least, to do so in the 'printer friendly' view? Many thanks!
- (2019-12-05, v:1.5.8) John Zehr: Full screen for GTasks
- (2019-12-02, v:1.5.6) Rachel Schaefer: Can't login
I installed the extension and clicked the "sign in to google tasks" button. It opened another tab on chrome and I signed in successfully, but my tasks won't load on the extension. It just keeps saying "sign in to google tasks". I have restarted my browser and my computer and this did not solve the problem.
- (2019-12-01, v:1.5.6) Richard Aslett: Completed items - view to print
I see how to do this now. Thanks.
- (2019-12-01, v:1.5.6) Richard Aslett: Completed items...
This is such a good move! Thanks for your development of this product. Question: when I mark an item as done.....where does it go :) ? I would like to print off every now and then and see where I have completed certain things. Is that possible?