Records a user session and generates cypress code for automation and testing purposes.
Cypress Recorder Cypress Recorder is a developer tool that records user interaction within a web application and generates Cypress scripts to allow the developer to replicate that particular session. This will speed up your development cycle by facilitating the creation of unit and integration tests. Getting Started Click 'Add to Chrome'. That's it! Once you see our icon at the upper-right of your browser window, you are ready to start generating Cypress scripts. Features This extension will allow you to: * Record clicks, typing, submits, and navigation in the browser. * See the scripts render live as they are generated. * Delete accidental actions. * Reorder actions as necessary. * Pause and resume recording within a single session. * Record navigation within a domain. * Copy the generated code to your clipboard. Usage * Open the extension and click 'Start Recording' to begin recording actions. * Click links, submit forms, etc. * Check your saved actions by opening the popup at any time. * Click 'Stop Recording' to stop recording. From there, you will have the option to resume recording, reset, or copy your generated code to your clipboard. * You can also use keyboard shortcuts: On Macs: - ctrl + R to start and stop recording - ctrl + G to reset On PCs and Linux: - alt + R to start and stop recording - alt + G to reset Authors Abbey Campbell | https://github.com/abbeycampbell Bradley Morgan | https://github.com/bkmorgan3 Ken Sakuma | https://github.com/gxcad Adam Stover | https://github.com/adam-stover We welcome contributions to this project! Check us out on Github: https://github.com/KabaLabs/Cypress-Recorder
- (2021-04-14) Xu Tongbin: 12ddad
- (2021-04-06) Seth Fearnside: It does what it advertises, and is simple to use
- (2020-10-14) Alessandro DO VALLE NUNES: Very useful!
- (2019-11-05) Kenny Somerville: Very handy!
- (2019-11-01) Ryan Bernstein: Extremely useful for generating cypress automation code!
- (2019-10-31) Randy Reyes: this is so much better than manually traversing the DOM. thank you!
- (2019-10-29) Gotta say, this tool is pretty dang useful for running tests. It really writes actual code. pretty sicc.
- (2019-10-22) Krystal C: The best one - I love to record the code from the browser. 👍👍👍
- (2020-11-17, v:1.0.5) Bohdan Konechniy: лор
- (2020-10-27, v:1.0.5) Matthew Gifford: Blocks ctrl+r on mac
Certain apps make use of a ctrl+r keypress on a mac. The Cypress Recorder plugin prevents that key combination from generating a keypress event.
- (2020-07-27, v:1.0.4) Dwine Knott: Recording issues
Noting two issues when recording actions on my Mac: 1. Straight single quotes are randomly recorded as curly quotes. I say random as there doesn't appear to be any pattern to when this happens. I'm frequently having to clean these up in my code when I copy/paste a recorded session 2.SELECT action is not captured when interacting with a select box. It is always captured as TYPE. When attempting to run the test cypress throws an error.
- (2020-06-06, v:1.0.2) Michael Freidgeim: Compare with similar tools
Can you provide in Overview why you created your extension when similar tools already exist? What are the advantages (and disadvantages) compare to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cypress-scenario-a recorder/fmpgoobcionmfneadjapdabmjfkmfekb?hl=en ?
- (2020-03-12, v:1.0.1) Chris Howard: Chrome 57 -- Copy to Clipboard Not Working
Tried this on an old version of chrome and the copy to clipboard doesn't appear to work.
- (2020-01-24, v:1.0.1) Omry Emilyo Hassan: Cypress Session Recording on remote device
Hi, Is there any way to record a remote device with cypress? Let's say I want this functionality over code so I can track user experience such as session recording