Dark Mode, read at night. Bluelight filter for every website. Relax your eyes at night and day.
The Dark Mode Extension. Works with all websites! ⭐️ Dark Mode is Open-Source! 🎈 Check our work & contribute: https://github.com/victor-savinov/dark-mode Dark Mode: ( Night Mode / Smart dark reader / dark night reading) ✓ Blue Light Filter + Darkness for every Website AND / OR specific ones! Avoid eye strain. Relax your eyes at night & day. ✓ Invert colors, improve brightness & contrast. Mild / faint colors, Bright colors, greyscale, sepia, ... ✓ Schedule dark to manage your day-night-cycle. Blue light makes us awake and prevents sleep. Care for your eyes. (dark mode is not only for night shifts) ✓ Style (css) editor. Delete elements/logos/ads/notifcations. Soon: Visual Picker/Selector, Drag & Drop. customize any Website beyond stylus / stylish / userstyles To come: ✓ Reduce brightness of colors only - not color-tone (compare with samsung browser dark mode) ✓ Smart dark mode / invert: Only if page is very light or blue ✓ We are working on a smart Theme-Engine to exceed the results you get from other extensions (dark reader depends on crowdsourced styles) "When the night (night night night) has come, and the land is dark (dark dark dark)", note: - If you use multiple night / dark reader extensions / screen shader at once, then color-Inverting or other effects can invert each other. Dark Mode is your extension offline on your computer. https://github.com/victor-savinov/night-mode. We can not track you. We are developing distraction-free extensions transparently (Open-Source) since 2012 for 300000 people: https://github.com/ImprovedTube/YouTube super-amoled / oled screens: 100% dark (black) backgrounds save electricity & screen wear-down Permission explained: "Read and change...all websites you visit" to modify Colors (Dark Mode) on any website.
- (2022-08-29) Abood Younis: perfict
- (2022-08-08) Liliane Queiroz (Lilly): AMEIII DMSSS
- (2022-07-30) garudan 7806: nice...carry on
- (2022-07-08) Kira Orihara: doesnt work, and when does it makes everything impossible to read
- (2022-06-28) Haytham Al-Sayed: I love this extension... However, since the last update - it seems that setting site specific settings no longer works correctly. The Google Drive page has never really worked properly with "dynamic filter" set, so I used to set "invert colours" just for that site instead, but this now doesn't work either. Please can this be looked at?
- (2022-06-22) chase carter: lol, now colors inverting doesn't work at all !!! 🤦♂️ we were waiting so much long with that terrible beta version to get now totally BROKEN extension at all, facepalm. I'm done, go looking for another one
- (2022-06-01) Music Hub: Lmao. It works on complete website inversion, instead of css stylesheet mode. So, if you already have dark mode on any website, it again converts them into light mode xD.
- (2022-05-19) Jerrel Finton: I do a lot of schoolwork and this really helps take the edge off my eyes when i'm working late. I love this
- (2022-05-17) MARAVILHOSO!
- (2022-05-14) Mark Anderson: Dark mode is better!
- (2022-05-09) Suzzana Santos (Suzzana): Eu amei, agora não preciso ficar alterando a cor dos sites, ele faz automaticamente! S2
- (2022-05-06) FenHuaXY Laman: good！！
- (2022-03-24) Sylvia Fields: I gave a low rating because you get the same effect by clicking control, search, and h at the the same time!
- (2022-03-06) Kabir: very good!
- (2022-03-03) Funny Universe: ¿por qué no?
- (2022-02-09) Max Dee: A simple screen invert with jpg photos left normal. It's... good enough, but a more intelligent mechanism would be better. By that I mean inverting only what is really necessary. For example a dark backgound #202020 turns white by the current extension. Facebook logo turns orange.. Other stuff: scheduled on/off should only execute once at a given hour, and let the user to override it manually any time. Currently the manual override seems to not work.
- (2022-02-08) Ricky Lau: Works, amazing. No more blinding white pages xD Maintains original colour of the page (besides white)
- (2022-02-05) Khalid Alfazari: loved it, awesome
- (2022-02-02) Liz Gobin: Didnt work, kept saying Something went wrong. Try reloading the page. When I did, still didnt work.
- (2022-02-01) ImprovedTube for YouTube: We are still testing Dark mode! Please report any [email protected]
- (2022-01-29) Saber Malekzadeh: Not a good one. For checking its issues just check this site and its dark mode: https://smalekz.github.io/
- (2022-01-27) Tiago Pontes: bem satisfeito
- (2022-01-24) chase carter: last update is horrible, you broke everything, what did you do?
- (2022-01-24) i9l121 ihr8f: kinda work for me
- (2022-01-16) Paulo Eduardo: Funciona muito bem
- (2022-01-11) tewodros degu: I love this dark mode, it gives a very clean theme to the search engine and does not consume any performance. Excellent theme
- (2021-12-25) Tibi Munteanu: It's a really nice extension and I liked that it's a ~work in progress~ even more. I think you should focus on the *crowdsourced themes created for specific websites*, because I think that would be the feature that allows more .non-css-people. to see it's real value. (It must be the case that there are many more possible users that don't know css than those that do). You just have to add a more obvious [Submit Theme] button, and replace those 2 tabs |Global|-my-custom-css-for-this-website-| with a dropdown with more than 2 options: Global, -my-custom-css-for-this-website-, Top rated (crowdsourced), .. and even continue with options composed dynamically from the list of the websites that I added custom css to. I see that there is a list with the websites for which I specifically edited their appeareance, but I at least expected to be able to try those styles on a different website (but there is no button in the UI). Thank you for investing time in this! It's already great, but there's still a lot more value ahead.
- (2021-12-13) Andrew Snodgrass: The dynamic dark mode in this extension is easily the best. Doesn't just invert and actually retains other colors. Works on most sites--use site access at the browser level to allow it only on the sites you want.
- (2021-12-01) Javier Martín Plaza: Lo que quería perfectoooooooooooooooooooo
- (2021-11-08) Zaki Shaquille: Unfortunately, the update becomes more & more buggy, not useful anymore. Complicated to custom per site, dynamic mode between global & per site are connected. Really hard to use it
- (2021-09-16) dani teo: mano perfeita tudo otimo parabens ai mano
- (2021-09-10) Bill Sturrock: I like Dark Mode better than Dark Reader and the others. It doesn't darken pictures on some sites like Dark Reader.
- (2021-08-11) Electronero Dev: Great app, 5* Works properly as expected, out-of-the-box. No messy configurations necessary. I enabled the extension, and it simply works. This even work's great on Google! It doesn't work on chrome market, however that is expected. It's not the app's fault. It's due to Google disallowing access for third-party chrome extensions code to execute within the chrome store. So that's fine.
- (2021-08-02) Ahmed Z: Amazing extension due to the ability to set specific settings for specific websites. Can set a light global setting (or no setting) for default and then specific brightness, inversion, grayscale per site! No other extension has this. The only downsides are a few bugs: --the brightness function doesn't work per website, only works globally. Same with contrast. Invert and grayscale works fine per website but the others are really useful and need to be fixed. --Brightness and grayscale conflict with each other. One resets the other. --Site-specific settings don't update immediately on preview, have to fiddle around a bit. --Import function just opens a blank black page. Export works fine. With some other enhancements like site-specific schedules and maybe some tutorials to do fancy stuff with the HTML editor, this extension can become the best dark mode and save millions of eyes!
- (2021-07-29) Steve K: I use this in combination with Night Shift Redux. Both are using default settings. Sites look amazing and have a refreshing look that I have yet not to like. Although there are instances where this where this interferes with some sites, those can be whitelisted or have their dark theme turned off most of the time. Other than that, this extension is great. I love it.
- (2021-07-19) Patyś: its just perfect
- (2021-07-18) Minh Vy Hà: Simple and easy to use!
- (2021-04-27) Ava: is good but is there a setting for not color inversion like can the black words become white and blue not become orange.... etc
- (2021-04-10) v85 eternal: Идиотская инверсия.
- (2021-03-05) igor leite: It's Perfect
- (2021-02-23) Abin jr: Very useful Extension.
- (2021-02-19) Tim V: The Best of.
- (2021-02-17) Spencer Terry: Underrated
- (2021-02-15) souvik poddar: This night mode really helps me a lot to relieve my eyesight at night. This also works perfectly during the daytime . The brightness and contrast levels can be easily customized as per your eyesight for every websites. Really loved it. Thanks
- (2021-02-15) armaida quero: encantada con la extencion, es lo que realmente busco
- (2021-02-15) imad massor: I feel so comfortable when I use this extension. Keep up.
- (2021-02-01) nocturnal digitalist: It works good but for a lot of many sites it looks bad. Like if you are seeing black bg on black text then what is the point of this? Same with black logo. Add color themes like dark reader has for mobile version of extension. And create difference between dark theme and black theme. I like the former one as it doesnt pain much as the latter does with shiny theme. I hope dev will improve the extension.
- (2021-01-26) norberto manero: Gosh this nightmode extension is hella cool, made me look at my browser like no other especially when I wanna relax my eyes, thanks you for this.
- (2021-01-26) Else Else: Night mode is so cool in eyes.:)
- (2021-01-26) Maribeth Ferrer: It doesn't hurt my eyes. Love it.
- (2022-06-22, v:3.1) chase carter: Now it's totally BROKEN, nice job 👍🤣🤦♂️
lol, now colors inverting doesn't work at all !!! 🤦♂️ we were waiting so much long with that terrible beta version to get now totally BROKEN extension at all, facepalm. I'm done, go looking for another one
- (2022-05-04, v:3.0) Does not work on Discord.
It becomes completely black, even when I disable on that particular page. I only can use discord by disabling this extension directly in the chromes manage extensions page. I dont know if is there a solution, already. I tried disabling the dark option in my discord's apearence settings, but did'nt work.
- (2022-04-24, v:3.0) Chris Jackson: java script shockwave
cannot open java script or shockwave files
- (2022-02-05, v:3.0) chase carter: When will be new version???
How long wait an update to fix all this horror in alpha-version?
- (2022-01-25, v:3.0) chase carter: Last update broke everything!
Last update (3.0-alpha) broke extension! It doesn't work properly, it 'partially' work on some websites even when i turn if off (in extension)!
- (2021-12-29, v:2.1.3) Shawn Hofer: Can't select particular websites to switch darkmode off or on
There are two options, one to switch the extension on or off on every website, and the other to turn it off and on within a particular website. The second option doesn't work. I cannot add any website to become an exception. The button does nothing at all, and the tab under websites is blank.
- (2021-11-08, v:2.1.0) Kelvin Ang: Unable to switch between "Dynamic theme" and "Invert colors"
Unable to switch between "Dynamic theme" and "Invert colors". In addition, may I suggest that the text highlight of "Dynamic theme" can follow the one in "Invert colors" for better visibility?
- (2021-09-28, v:2.0) Ahmed Z: After yesterday's upgrade various issues
--When I turn off invert colors for a website the text field is black and unreadable and I have to disable the extension. --Export of sites doesn't work. --The top toggle between night/day doesn't stay. It seems to reset after refresh of configuration page. --"Something went wrong. Try reloading the page." error at the top I tried re-installing with the same issue.
- (2021-06-08, v:1.94) Jesse Gilbride: Extension doesn't quite work on codepen.io
Whitelisting codepen.io doesn't affect the rendered pen. Maybe because the pen's code comes from a different domain (CDN)?
- (2020-12-08, v:1.90) Can Özgür Yilmaz: Imagus images are inverted
Imagus is an extension that allows you to view images only by hovering on them. So, no need to click and open on a new tab. Dark Mode doesn't pick these up as images and inverts the colors like rest of the web site.
- (2020-12-03, v:1.90) David Shipp: Passwords
Love the way this works except have a problem with password fill boxes. I can't see if the field was populated or not. The text and asterisks aren't visible. So hard to tell if I actually entered something and definitely need to see that field. (Google)
- (2020-11-24, v:1.80) Terence: Dark Mode breaks Twitch streams with extensions
Dark Mode breaks Twitch streams with extensions because all I see is a black screen. Apparently Twitch extensions are a frame that is layered over the video player with a transparent background so the addon tries to nightmode the frame's background. Here's a Reddit thread describing the problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/87c25c/black_screen_extensions/ I confirmed that turning off Dark Mode fixes the Twitch streams with extensions that I'm unable to watch.
- (2020-11-12, v:1.80) David Cao: Whitelist mode
Hey there, love the extension, very nice UI and colors. Unfortunately it has no option to "run only on sites" (whitelisting) so I either run it on all sites with blacklist or not at all.. hope it can be added, thanks 🙏
- (2020-10-24, v:1.80) Mike: Top menu displace
If you modify a custom filter, bluelight to be exact, the top menu shifts down. Test site: news.ro
- (2020-08-26, v:1.19) Joy Dumnoi: Adding websites
How do I add websites to the extension? I don't seem to have an option.
- (2020-07-18, v:1.12) Levi Coult: Instagram bug
Hey there, love the extension, unfortunately it causes a bug on instagram. If you go on someone's profile, scroll down a bit and click on a photo to expand it, the image pops up at the top of the page instead of where you are opening it (you won't be able to see it if you have scrolled down far enough), causing you to be stuck and having to refresh. Hope you can look into this, otherwise great app.
- (2020-07-05, v:1.7) Edgar Solorio: Please add domains or wildcard options
If at all possible please add the option to apply night mode to a certain domain (like *.google.com) for pages like amazon where there are several subdomains that have to be added individually
- (2020-07-04, v:1.7) vinayak: techniacl
how it works
- (2020-04-22, v:1.4) ไพบูลย์ พรมพิทักษ์: @threem