Multiplayer Battles in your New Tab
Play classic battles with viking ships in your browser in the new tab against your friends and other players. Queue up multiple matches and play a few seconds at a time in-between your browsing sessions! Note: if you want to keep your default new tab view, you can also turn off the new tab mode in the settings and play using the browser button. ⛵️Features: - Super Bite-sized Gameplay, Perfect for the Few Seconds You Have to Take a Break in-between Tasks - Play with Your Friends! - Intense Multiplayer Action - Turn-based Classic Gameplay with a Twist - Two game modes. Play Intense mode in real-time, or take longer turns in Casual mode. - Queue Up Multiple Matches - Vikings! - and a Kraken How to Play Battle Tabs: http://bit.ly/play-battletabs 🛶Questions? Feedback? Latest News? Find us on: - Twitter: https://twitter.com/BattleTabs - Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattleTabsGame/ ⛵️Updates: * New in 1.35 (27/03/2020) * - Tweaked social inviting text - Improved the invite friend on-boarding process - Tweaked the invite friend to battle modal to allow you to quickly go to friends and invites too * New in 1.34 (25/03/2020) * - Can once again cancel battle invites sent to friends - Tweaked the top right menu * New in 1.33 (24/03/2020) * - The bottom right corner of the board should now be clickable for those with small screens. - Some performance improvements when taking turns - Once again opens the battle over screen after a battle has finished - Fixed an issue in the accepting "waiting proposals" system * New in 1.32 (23/03/2020) * - Hopefully fixed "User must be Authenticated" issues. * New in 1.31 (21/03/2020) * - Fixed an issue that meant signup by URL wasnt working as expected - Fixed an issue where a proposal would occasionally be created twice - Hopefully removed some of the lag when taking turns * New in 1.30 (28/02/2020) * - Settings renamed to "Options" to bring it inline with Chrome's naming scheme - Tweaked the new-tab modal adding a toggle slider to make it more obvious that new tab is preferred but optional. - All new tutorial videos. - Floating text now comes up after a hit or a miss - Now a pause after winning or loosing a match before showing the modal. - Added the tip message back in to the placing ships view - New options page - Build size reduced - Faster load times - The first match is now against a local AI player instead of a real player. - Can now play a single-player practice game while you wait in an intense battle queue - Battle proposals from other users now show up in the bottom bar. - You can now send emotes to your opponent - You can now invite users by URL from the friend invite screen * New in 1.29 (27/02/2020) * - If you are on the search page and an intense match invite is accepted, you are now immediately taken to that match * New in 1.28 (20/02/2020) * - Added the ability to make friends with other players in the game - Added the ability to invite friends to battle - Fixed an issue where the distance number on the tile could sometimes be one off - Fixed an issue where a match might not get selected after matchmaking - Notification now appear both inside and and outside the game - Clicking modals no longer clicks things on the game board - Added an Alert to let you know if the server connection is down * New in 1.27 (7/02/2020) * - Added "minesweeper" like distance numbers to the board that tell you how far away a ship is should you miss. - Added text to new match button - Changed UI framework so some buttons, icons and things might look different - Added an alert requesting survey filling out * New in 1.26 (30/01/2020) * - Updated how Intense match queueing works with a new screen and new mechanism so that when a game starts, you are less likely to find an idle player. (Closing the tab while queueing will cancel the intense match queue. ) * New in 1.25 (15/01/2020) * - Changed email subject when contacting us for support - Avatars now show their Google picture if they have signed in * New in 1.24 (14/01/2020) * - Sockets are now responding to updates from the server, removing the need for polling. This should dramatically increase match speed and allow future realtime features. * New in 1.23 (11/01/2020) * - New socket based API in preparation for upcoming realtime features. - Fixed match info screen closing when you roll out of the menu * New in 1.22 (09/01/2020) * - When creating a match you can now choose from two different play styles. "Intense" - 30 seconds turn time or "Casual" - the usual 24 hours turn time. - Clicking the browser bar icon now jumps you straight into the most relevant match rather than showing the google search screen - Clicking a notification now correctly opens you up into the match even if you have new tab mode turned off * New in 1.21 (06/01/2020) * - Login with Google to save progress across devices and more! - New, more prominent tip to inform players who don't want to have their new tab page replaced. - Spelling mistakes corrected * New in 1.20 (03/01/2020) * - The icon in the browser now shows a small badge with the number of matches where its your turn. - Added the ability to no longer show the custom new tab page, this setting can be accessed in the options. You can choose to set it to the default chrome new tab page or any URL you want. - Improved UI scaling for avatars, should now correctly fit thin screens. * New in 1.19 (02/01/2020) * - Fixed an issue that was causing performance issues on the dashboard screen - Stopped clouds from jumping around when taking turns * New in 1.18 (21/12/2019) * - Some minor UI tweaks - New prompt for feedback - Better handling of uninstalls * New in 1.17 (18/12/2019) * - New sky background - Tweaked the layout of avatars and board scaling - Polished various screens and popups to improve appearance - Added new images to match over popups * New in 1.16 (17/12/2019) * - Large parts of the server and polling code re-written to improve performance and fix server-side errors. - Tweaked some copy - Better notifications; uses the avatar image of your opponent, only sends notification if there isn't a new tab open (prevents notification spam when in a live battle) * New in 1.15 (13/12/2019) * - Better on-boarding flow for new users, now includes gifs - Beta ribbon now links to reddit - Updates now moved into the options page, click the browser button now opens a new tab - References to trello removed from the extension, Reddit is now the place to go. - Game Over Modal has been improved to include a start a new match button - Search box size increased on the omnibox view - Added a question mark button to the dash to help new players - Cleaned the dashboard up a little so that many of the options are now under a menu * New in 1.14 (12/12/2019) * - A new blank tab is opened when the extension is first installed - Various minor ui improvements - Links to twitter and reddit added to the main dashboard - Support links changed to point to reddit instead of twitter * New in 1.13 (11/12/2019) * - Added a new default screen to show a search field and your most used sites. This way you don't always have to see the game with each new tab, but have access to your matches at the bottom. You might have to grant additional permissions for this to work as we are showing you your most used sites. . - Some other minor visual improvements * New in 1.11 (06/12/2019) * - Added a Welcome popup immediately after creating the first battle, introducing new players to the game and explaining some basics. * New in 1.10 (02/12/2019)* - Added a survey form when people uninstall so we can understand how we can improve Battle Tabs. * New in 1.9 (29/11/2019) * - New Match button should now be greyed out if you cant create a new match - Fixed a bug that would happen if you quickly changed matches while a bomb was dropping - Fixed a spelling error in a notification (thanks to @lojk1 on the Trello Board for this one) - Fixed an issue that meant a full match refresh would only return a limited number of matches * New in 1.8 (18/11/2019) * - Auth state should now be synced to all your devices. That means so long as you are logged into chrome using the same user you can continue to play the same matches on all your devices! * New in 1.7 (15/11/2019) * - Welcome to the first version of BattleTabs! - We are currently in Beta so expect there to be some small issue. - If you discover a bug or have a suggestion for feature please do use the buttons below :) - Happy gaming!
- (2020-03-31) Melodious Eclipse: This game is INCREDIBLE! When there's nothing else to do and you're looking for a cure for boredom, just open a new tab and enjoy what new challenges it has to offer. The fun never stops when your playing Battle Tabs!
- (2020-03-25) henrik pfeifer: this game is really fun :-) but I would hope that there was an other gamemode.
- (2020-03-20) arjun kumar: awsommmmm
- (2020-02-25) Jossalyn Blake: I love this extension so much! You should DEFINETLY get it!
- (2020-02-24) Dragon Master: Smart game idea and fun
- (2020-02-24) thelegendhe03: according to game i can invite friends however it never says how
- (2020-02-21) Skyler Zachary: It was fun, but it would be better if the player could simply play against the A.I.
- (2020-02-21) Beth and Eli Anderson: I love it! It's very chill, but at the same time it can be completed in minutes. It's a great time killer, and the casual mode is a great idea. I love the simplistic graphics and the awesome sounds. And the best part: Being an extension, it is free and connects right to your browser! I definitely recommend this game for anybody needing to kill time.
- (2020-02-19) Ihsaan Nasid: so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! try it kids
- (2020-02-19) gaming pro: It's an amazing game to just do on a tab, so that i can just play something while studying
- (2020-02-16) Jack Bisogni: epic.
- (2020-02-16) Angie Lazer: Todo funciona bien y es entretenido.
- (2020-02-15) 谢梦云: its a cute game, it passed some time to let somebody have fun
- (2020-02-15) Ice Potter: Fun game but rn I the close button isnt working :( how do i play now?!?!?!?!?!?
- (2020-02-13) Tonchi 490: Fun, good looking game
- (2020-02-13) William Howell: Very fun, doesn't intervene with searching on google, highly recommended.
- (2020-02-12) Elakki Murali: loved it! Best extension for tabs...
- (2020-02-07) kasper griffiths: yeet
- (2020-02-06) Andrew Works: This game is a good game to make your study time fun, no complaints so far
- (2020-02-06) Elliot Massey: Great game, love the concept of it replacing my search engine
- (2020-02-05) Matthew Carter: Very fun. Easy to access. The only improvement i would make is being able to play with friends
- (2020-02-05) Miles Spence: Very fun, easy, and quick!
- (2020-02-03) 이유진, 팽수팬Star Prin!!!: Love it Love it Love it Mwah Mwah Mwah Love this game creator best. game. EVER!!!! can battle friends make online friends awesome!!!!!! I recommend this game to everyone!!!!
- (2020-02-03) Noah Eisenman: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat
- (2020-02-02) Robert Malone: nice game, Battleship!
- (2020-02-21, v:1.27.98) Beth and Eli Anderson: A couple glitches...
I noticed a couple of glitches while playing. The first is that if you try to start a game with the exact same layout as your previous game, it glitches out. The second is that sometimes when I start a match, a message pops up that reads, "Error: Error: Cannot create proposal, there is already one active". Other than these glitches, I have found the game phenomenal. Thanks for reading my input!
- (2020-02-12, v:1.27.98) Darcy Oakley: finished matches
i haven't found any way to remove my finished matches
- (2020-01-22, v:1.25.68) Finaldash: Cant open
Every time i click on the extension it gets disabled, and i cant open it
- (2020-01-16, v:1.25.68) Titan Anderson: i lost my account
my friend arm bared me and i lost my progress also i had 60 wins played for a mounth and had admin my name was Titan altho i made a new accont called titan but i want my old account please help