An easy to use Google Chrome plugin to automatically remove and replace deadnames
Once installed, a page should open where you can edit your name and deadname settings. To edit this later or to temporarily disable the plugin, click on the trans flag in the top right corner of your browser.
- (2020-10-27) CuriousAuthor: awesome for changing my first name! but it doesnt seem to change my middle name which sucks bc i still see the middle name which i honestly hate more when i open my school's little powerschool site to check my grades ):
- (2020-10-25) Peach Time: This is very helpful!! It definitely takes any panic off of having to do signups that require your deadname. My only question is, if you were to say type a google doc with this on and had your name replaced, would anyone who can also see the doc from their computer see your preferred name? Addition to that question is will my school admin be able to see my preferred name whenever I use the extension? I use this computer for my school work whenever my chromebook (which has extensions blocked) is dead, so I just wanted to clarify before using this during assignments.
- (2020-10-24) Kylie !: this makes me so happy 🥺🥺 literally tysm for making this 🥺🥺
- (2020-10-22) Golden Child: As a trans student who's name isn't changed in the school computer, this helps with dysphoria of seeing my deadname.
- (2020-10-16) Natalie Edwards: I love this! I wasn't expecting it to work so well, but it's been a lifesaver for my dysphoria, especially during online lessons. Just a suggestion, but maybe a way to input alternate ways a deadname might be formatted might be nice? Mine comes up as the full deadname without a space in the middle and I'd love to be able to change that. Thank you for creating this though!!
- (2020-10-14) Jay Jay: It Worked instatnly, one of my teachers refused to change my name on the onenote and the office homepage, i added the extention and it was fixed immediatly. I Love It!!!
- (2020-10-13) Mark Evan: awesome! even changed my name on Aries where my grades are kept!
- (2020-10-12) Zyronox: very nice
- (2020-10-08) Luca Valden Balsa: It's very good at removing the deadname for your last and first names, but the middle name part is the only problem I've seemed to have with this installation! That's about it, though.
- (2020-10-03) Larry Johnson: everything with my dead name becomes frog even that one famous workout person so yea lol
- (2020-10-03) della kaye: i loved this especially since i have online school and i'm not out. it feels nice seeing my chosen name, rather than my deadname.
- (2020-10-02) Sally: GOD BLESS WILLHAYCODE,, IT WORKS ON EVERYTHING,, OMG THIS MADE ME SO HAPPEY
- (2020-10-01) Emi Marcos 1'2: ILT OMGGG THANK U SO MUCH!11!!!!!!1!111
- (2020-09-30) lucas needs a nap: Hey! If you're having issues w it changing emails, simply go to the extension options > permissions > specific sites. Put in the sites you regularly use/ want your name to appear on and exclude your email provider!
- (2020-09-30) dree: My boyfriend (who's also trans) sent me this extension. I love seeing Jack instead of [deadname] in every tab!! I haven't encountered any issues yet, and I haven't had that auto-correct thing happen with emails or when I type my deadname out on a site. It's great!!
- (2020-09-30) Tristan Clark: The idea of this is great. I haven't sorted this out yet because i have a question and i dont know how to ask it without leaving a review. Is this something that changes my name for everyone on the website(s) being used on or just for me? I ask this because ive already talked to my teacher and understand his reasonings not to have my preferred name on them because if i did that id have to have it on everything which i cant because of how things are at home with it.
- (2020-09-30) Sophie: This is great and helps a lot! One suggestion is being able to take multiple names to replace. For example, my deadname has a nickname, and I went by both and can't get rid of both :(
- (2020-09-29) Unovan Garbodor: it worked really well, but i wish i could add more names. Sometimes things refer to me by my full first (dead)name, sometimes just a shortened version/nickname. to fix this, i added the findr extension, testing it by putting the shortened version in this and the full version in findr. i made a private post on tumblr (dont judge) with both, and watching it load, the replacement from this loaded, then disapeared, then the replacement from findr loaded. not sure if thats how all find and replace type extensions interact with eachother, but thats how it works for me
- (2020-09-28) Quinn Wilson: I absolutely love this! I'm completely out, but I can't change my name on school things, so it fixes it!
- (2020-09-28) Evan: worked too well. FAR too well. I was sending a very important email to my doctor and it was changing the text of the email. every time i wrote my deadname (which i am registered under) the extension changed it. please note: it wasnt changing a superficial display, it was changing the ACTUAL TEXT of the email. i had to remove the extension, delete and re-type just to be able to send the email. restricting acess of the extension didn't do anything, I had to completely delete it. what if I'd beed sending an email to my parents? what if i hadn't realised it had 'corrected' my name? this extension almost outed me, which is DANGEROUS. please fix this issue!
- (2020-09-27) metal spit: THANK U SO MUCH WHOEVER DID THIS I THOUGHT IT WOULDNT WORK BUT IT NOW SHOWS MY NEW NAME INSTEAD OF MY DEADNAME FOR ME THIS IS SO COOL WHATAHAATAAHAH THANK YOU ILY
- (2020-09-25) Caelan Schurig: Be careful writing emails with this! It will change your deadname to your preferred one in writing which may not be ideal if you don't want to come out to your boss or teachers. Works like it's supposed to though! Perfect!
- (2020-09-24) noahtvl: thank you so much for this. my name has only just been changed at school so all my accounts are in my deadname and this makes me feel so much happier and works without a hitch. thank you.
- (2020-09-23) raegan: this is fantastic! it's kinda trippy sometimes when i forget i have it in the context of wikipedia and stuff, but that's honestly part of the fun! thanks for this 💚
- (2020-09-23) jesse malouf: this saved me so much hassle. my school district would not lift a finger to help me out and i kept getting outted to classmates while they refused to change it in our online systems. i have so much gratitude right now