Setup custom redirect rules for any http request i.e pages, scripts, images etc. Uses a simple string replace to do this.
Allows Url redirects / Url rewrites using text replace. For example If we set up rule "bbc.co.uk" > "abc.co.uk" any occourence of bbc.co.uk will be replaced by abc.co.uk as shown below: http://bbc.co.uk > http://abc.co.uk http://abbc.co.uk > http://aabc.co.uk Great for switching in development scripts for live scripts or switching between minified and development versions of frameworks such as jQuery, mootools etc. Latest: Fixed double scanning bug Project source can be found and contributed to on github: https://github.com/ranjez/Switcheroo
- (2019-12-09) Joe DiDonato: Small, light, simple, and effective. Does what it needs to!
- (2019-11-16) Marcos Santos: Muito boa esta extensão. Parabéns ao desenvolvedor e obrigado por compartilhar.
- (2019-09-19) Francesc Simon: Good extension but please... fix this: When adding a new case, don't check it by default: I just added one where the first parameter was empty and the second was an url to localhost and then I added it, because I had to close switcheroo to copy the second url and because the form resests I saved it. After adding it I couldnt do anything with my browser, and even switcheroo extension itself was being redirected to my URL so I COULDN'T UNCHECK that case. It made me uninstall and install again.
- (2019-09-16) dian wang: 有个缺点就是配置错误的话会导致配置窗口打不开，需要删掉插件重新安装才可以
- (2019-06-24) Barış Tiryaki: Vikipedi'ye erişim için kullanabilirsiniz wikipedia.org -> 0wikipedia.org kuralını ekledim Her seferinde elle düzeltmekten kurtuldum
- (2019-06-13) John C. Worsley: Super simple but does the job.
- (2019-06-01) Martin Hayes: I tried this on Facebook to show me the latest posts instead of the ones they wanted me to see. It worked on the main page but wouldn't let me browse any other part of facebook.
- (2019-05-27) Deniz Negiş: Simple and working. Great!
- (2019-05-03) Laurence Cope: It works except is loads a new empty tab for every link you click. So I end up with tonnes of empty Untitled tabs in Chrome. It needs a way to do it without opening tabs, or close them afterwards
- (2019-04-28) Jon Jones: 刚好需要能替换URL中字符串的插件
- (2018-11-14) diebesgrab: This worked perfectly for me for a few months, until one day when upon starting Chrome, to my surprise, every single redirect I'd set up had vanished. I probably had nearly a hundred, and it's going to take forever to set them all back up again.
- (2018-11-12) Arty Taylor: Thankyouuuu! - I've been casually trying to install extensions for ages now that do exactly this - redirect urls to my favourite country / part of the page / avoid popups etc. Perfect, thankyou so much.
- (2018-11-06) Dean: Excellent!!!
- (2018-10-04) Mike Cameron: This plugin ruined my life for a day. ANYTIME you enter text into your browser whether it be for an email address or website it will change it. In my case I was using PayPal to send a large sum of money and it changed the email address's domain, and now I'm out that money until Paypal retrieves the money sent to a COMPLETELY different email address. DO NOT USE THIS!
- (2018-09-24) jagadeesha kanihal: Feature Requests: - Please add option to sync and export/import redirect rules. - Add support regex rules, like *.google.*.* --> iitb.ac.in
- (2018-09-15) Daniel Sasson: Works perfectly, but I'm unable to open the options menu where you can add and modify rules after updating to the newest version of Chrome.
- (2018-09-10) Christian Brodersen: easiest way to change reddit to old format without the need of a reddit account www.reddit.com -> old.reddit.com
- (2018-09-10) Chandler Henson: Good app, only thing it needs is to redirect to the exact site you pick, and not put part of the original url on it.
- (2018-08-31) Alex Lewy: Simple, but reliable and so so useful
- (2018-06-05) mojtaba vahdati: Please disable the url replacement on page reloads otherwise it'll be useless. Also there's another error, when I did something like this google.com > www.google.com the google logo was not loaded. Fix this too. All in all, I love this extension, but honestly it's not very interesting now. You may want to add an advanced regex support. Thanks.
- (2018-06-02) Bron: use it every day at work. Win Edge doesn't have one. Boom!
- (2018-04-28) Bodhisattwa Saha: Its helping me to reduce Youtube addiction :P
- (2018-01-29) Mohit Ghune: Works great! But I would be really happy, if there was an import/export settings option. I request you to look into it. Thanks. :)
- (2018-01-16) Johannes W.: Dont use this! It is really bugged and be aware that if you uninstall this addon, the rules will still apply...
- (2017-12-14) Brendan McGill: Literally doesn't work at all. Won't let me add pages, can't even click on the text box, I have to click below it for some reason, and the Add button is simply unclickable, pressing ENTER also does not submit.
- (2019-10-29, v:1.33) Black Fire: How to use it
How to use it ??
- (2019-08-25, v:1.33) Xuân Thọ Thái: Extension not working
It still good at 08/24/2019 at GMT +7 but the next day all the website and direct removed and I can not add any website since this day, when i click add nothing appear on the list
- (2019-06-22, v:1.33) Mike T: This page isn't working. Too many redirects error.
This is the only thing I see when I click this thing. I haven't added anything to it or used it at all.
- (2019-02-28, v:1.33) Chris O'Connor: Switcheroo icon
It would be great that if _any_ rules were currently being applied the visible icon in the upper-right would indicate that.
- (2018-10-24, v:1.33) Jordan: Regular Expression Matching
Does this extension already support matching/replacing with regular expressions? There are some URLs where a simple string replace won't do. Thanks!
- (2018-08-17, v:1.33) Fredrik von Schmalensée: Name/Description for each row
I'd love if there was a field for a name or description for each row!
- (2018-08-17, v:1.33) Fredrik von Schmalensée: Flush all settings?
Hi! I use Swictcheroo to inject staging scripts in prod. Now I've got some trash post in my list, without the check box, Edit or Remove buttons. How do I remove a row without the remove button?
- (2018-04-23, v:1.33) monoshift monoshift: Multiple Entries at once
hi, i have a list and it will be a hassle to add it one by one, is there a way to add the whole list at once ?
- (2018-03-17, v:1.33) Matt Buckley: HTTPS links
Does this extension work for https links as well as http ones?
- (2017-12-13, v:1.33) James Bergman: Transferring between computers
Hello, How do I switch my redirect rules from one computer to another?