Modify Headers for Google Chrome™
A simple and easy to use extension to allow Add, Modify and Filter of HTTP headers. Install, click on the icon to go to the options page. Add - adds the header to the existing list of headers Modify - will replace the value of the header if it exists Filter - will remove the header if it exists The master start/stop button on the top of the page will enable/disable the entire extension The on/off buttons on the row will turn the directive on that row on/off. You can export the data from the Firefox extension and import here and vice-versa. This is inspired by the Firefox Modify Headers plugin by Gareth Hunter (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/modify-headers/) Change log: v2.0.6 Changed UI to show STATUS of the entry in a different color v2.0.5 Fixed export v2.0.2 - Made some changes to UI to help with usability v2.0.1 - Fixed icon color discrepancy for Start/Stop on table - Fixed issue with headers loading multiple times on tab reload v2.0.0 - Revamped UI - Opens Options page from Browser icon directly - Export/Import the Header list for portability with the Firefox plugin - Type-ahead of commonly used headers - Fixed issue: Need to open options page to start plugin when browser restarted
- (2020-04-01) 이정민: It is very useful to me. Thanks.
- (2020-01-23) Monir khan: Hi, i wanted to add a filter, not available.. I want to remove / not include X-USERID header from a css <link> in <head> in index.html. But filter not available. Switching to Mod-header instead
- (2020-01-17) Nikos Papastefanakis: First of all it works and I like it. Thanks for the tool guys!! Suggestion: It would be a good idea to apply the headers for specific domains and NOT for any domain. So if you add an extra param in each row for the domain to apply to that would resolve the problem I am describing below. You could set the val asterisk "*" for all domain by default (as it is today) and let the user modify the val for a specific one -> Impact: My google hangout and chat.google.com crashed for two days because of this plugin. It was not connecting and I was getting a "no connectivity" status. After a lot of digging and tests I managed to locate the problem and it was this plugin. When I stopped it the hangouts recovered in a second. hope this helps other people.
- (2020-01-01) Ilya Prokazov: Не меняется Accept-Language. Это возможно исправить?
- (2019-11-29) 阿亮: good enough, but I need some domain filter
- (2019-11-08) Дмитрий Дронов: Doesn't work
- (2019-10-11) sec sql: The http request header is usually capitalized in the first letter. This all changes to lowercase for you.rubbish
- (2019-08-29) Ozornick: Ребят. Чтобы работать с расширением откройте вкладку, нажав на иконку. Жмете Play сверху и Add new. Настраиваем данные, жмем Save. Рядом подтверждаем заголовок Enable и он включается во все запросы от вас. ВСЕ! Так трудно понять это?! Далее этот заголовок посылается ВСЕМ страницам
- (2019-08-17) asd asdasd: quite like the extension... but the current version with chrome 76 breaks youtube...
- (2019-08-13) Stefan Verweij: Since Chrome 76, this plugin can throw CORS errors on some websites, causing things like fonts to not load properly. @Anil Kommareddi see this post for info on how to update the plugin and avoid these errors https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/11089651?hl=en
- (2019-08-12) Fachher S: Youtube does not work when I enable this plugin. - can not click on any videos - when I opening the video in a new tab, video won't play When removing everything works as expected.
- (2019-08-09) Michael Künzler: Worked for a long time. But now I can't reach facebook and other Websites without problems at displaying content.
- (2019-08-08) Andreas Braunmiller: Seems to cause CORS rejections since Chrome v76 (https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=989443).
- (2019-08-08) Google用户: chrome 76 not working
- (2019-06-16) saiful islam: excellent
- (2019-05-29) 塩分が足りない: It doesn't work whichever site. chrome 74.0.3729.131
- (2019-05-02) Mark Walters: it's not working
- (2019-04-04) 雷军: Very good! I like it.
- (2019-03-29) Ernesto Buenrostro: It doesn't work
- (2019-03-20) Michael Long: Doesn't work
- (2019-02-23) Анна Трофимова: Doesn't work at all.
- (2018-12-04) Sathyanarayanan Sundaravadivelu: I am trying to modify header by opening this app via my automation tool (TOSCA). TOSCA is unable to scan the controls in ModHeder extension. Should I do anything to make this happen.
- (2018-11-15) Doesn't work for AJAX requests. Not useful. Hard to use. Some would even say, utter trash.
- (2018-10-02) michael schem: Doesn't work. I changed the host header and looked at my logs no change. When I tried "Modify Headers" extension, it worked fine.
- (2018-09-25) got this thinking i could change the name of my calendars. support 5 people and wanted it to stay "joe" "bob" etc... instead of "capital one- calendar" for each tab. didnt work as expected. got through adding and enabling but nothing happened even with a refresh.
- (2020-02-07, v:2.0.7) Marcos Gonçalves: Youtube
The plugin is making my youtube doesn't work. Youtube, spotify web and every stream. When I disable the params, it goes back.
- (2020-01-06, v:2.0.7) Brian Van Hooser: Manifest version still v2
I'm using your extension via Selenium and it appears that one of the Chrome updates officially blocked the usage of v2 crx packages. Can you please update to v3? It'd really help out.
- (2020-01-02, v:2.0.7) Jason R Alexander: loadus.exelator.com
This extension infected my chrome browser with the loadus.exelator.com virus. FYIk
- (2019-12-03, v:2.0.7) Ezequiel Bertran: Header with capitalized letters
For example 'Test-Header', when is sent in the request is set to 'test-header'. How can I do to make it keep the capitalize letters?
- (2019-11-06, v:2.0.7) Amol Poman: Unable to add extension via Selenium Webdriver in Chrome78
I add these extension to chrome options (crx file).When I launch chrome 78 via webdriver, these extension throws error. But these works with Chrome76. Did anyone found same issue? Error: OpenQA.Selenium.WebDriverException: 'unknown error: cannot process extension #1from unknown error: CRX verification failed: 3'
- (2019-09-28, v:2.0.7) Sachin goa panjim: ITS NOT WORKING
WHEN I GOING TO ADD ,ERROR COMING, PLZ FIX IT.
- (2019-09-10, v:2.0.7) Stefy Kyra: Improvements
This is a great extension overall. Few improvements to consider: 1) Imho I think that there should be a way to signal if the extension is running or not outside the extension page, maybe change the extension icon to something visible/flashy so it can be seen if it's running without the need to open it. 2) A "group by" or/and "sort" functionality would be really great or at least 3) a way to move the headers up and down so they can be grouped manually. 4) A default value for the action field ("Add" maybe or configurable). Personal preference: it's a bit annoying that this is not a popup extension, but a new tab instead, anyway keep up the good work!
- (2019-08-30, v:2.0.7) Žiga Škrabl: Extension is corrupted after chrome update....
The same problem here, after chrome update extension does not work anymore like it should! :( can you please fix this? I can not find or keys do not appear anymore in code to clear the cache manually on pages. We really like this function in our company, but now unfortunately it is not working anymore....
- (2019-08-08, v:2.0.7) Madhuresh Krishna: Could not modify headers in Version 76 of Chrome
I'm using a custom header 'x-my-user-agent'. It doesn't get added to the HTTP header. My version of google chrome is "Google Chrome is up to date. Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)" I did check the headers with a C# program. Couldn't find the headers even though it is enabled. Any help is much appreciated.
- (2019-08-08, v:2.0.7) Raphael Martins: Plugin makes button on all sites stop working
- (2019-07-20, v:2.0.7) Carl Lorentzen: Extension no longer working for X-Forwarded-For
I used to rely on this extension for X-Forwarded-For, to test geolocation by IP. Unfortunately as of very recently, it no longer seems to work. No matter which X-Forwarded-For IP rule I activate, my IP remains unchanged. I've seen this issue on more than one computer with the extension installed. Not sure if a recent Chrome update is impacting the extension's functionality?
- (2019-04-25, v:2.0.7) Rolando Chavarria Blanco: Cannot modify Referer or Cookie headers
Seems that after v72 was release I cannot longer use this tool to modify certain headers such as Referer and Cookie
- (2019-03-20, v:2.0.7) Header content
You cannot save empty header.
- (2019-01-29, v:2.0.7) Henry Dishington: Seeking to add header item Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (64-bit)
I need to add the print time/current system time to printed pages in Chrome. (preferably in top right corner of page using 24-hour format) Is your extension able to do this? How? Either I'm missing something very basic, or my brain simply refuses to work. Can you help?