View source code of Chrome extensions, Firefox addons or Opera extensions (crx/nex/xpi) from the Chrome web store and elsewhere.
View the source code of any Chrome extension in the Chrome Web store without installing it. Features: - Button at the Chrome Web store - Download extension as zip file - View source - Configurable via context menu on button: Set one-click action via "primary action on click". - View source: - File name/type filter - Search in the file content (literal or regexp) - Automatic beautification (formatting) of code - Syntax highlighting - Show hashes (md5, sha1, sha256, sha384, sha512) of individual files - Image preview - View embedded zip files - View any zip file by URL or file chooser - View source of platform-specific extensions (such as Chrome OS-only extensions, or NaCl for a different architecture). - Permalink to file and search result within a zip or extension file. - Full support for incognito mode. - Outputs public key and extension ID to the console. Optional features (see options page): - View source of Opera 15+ extensions or Firefox addons. - "View extension source" contextmenu item on links to Chrome extensions - View source of Chrome extensions outside the webstore. The View source button becomes visible when you select a CRX file for download. Source code: https://github.com/Rob--W/crxviewer Online demo: https://robwu.nl/crxviewer/ Contact: [email protected] Change log: - 1.2.3: Add "downloads" permission to make sure that the "Download" button always works as intended. - 1.2.4: Add extra parameters to the CRX URL to make sure that CRX files of extensions uploaded to the Chrome Web Store after July 2014 are correctly read. - 1.2.6: Sync options, use optionsV2, show numeric progress instead of dots, updated JSBeautifier, restore font size. - 1.2.7: Bugfixes (viewer height, checkbox filter). - 1.3: Support Firefox addons (also available as a Firefox addon!) Search within files Customize webstore download parameters View embedded zip files and any zip file - 1.3.1: Use correct URL for loading extension files. - 1.3.2: Bugfix to allow unusual extension URLs to be opened again. - 1.4: New syntax highlighter, improved search controls, improved word wrap. - 1.5: Calculate hashes, add link to Github project page, bugfix for case-sensitive search. - 1.6: Improved search highlighting & also search in beautified content. - 1.6.2: Configurable "primary action on click", open new tab next to current tab. - 1.6.4: Support the new CRX3 Chrome extension file format (#62). - 1.6.6: Permalink support, Firefox add-on finder. - 1.6.7: Fix broken extension due to bug with storage access and NativeCrxBindings. - 1.6.8: Support CRX3 file format from CWS; support some other AMO domains. - 1.6.9: Add option to add the context menu item to more links (#69), open new tabs via context menu next to current tab. - 1.6.10: Improve syntax highlighting (perf, highlighting of WebAssembly source), show sum of file sizes. - 1.6.11: Add "Extension ID" row at Analysis of manifest.json, improve CRX3 public key detection, improve zip fallback detection.
- (2020-09-10) sei shin: Super, thank you.
- (2020-09-08) Heath H-M: Gotta say... this has saved me a lot of stress & time. Great job!
- (2020-09-04) Jimmie Butler: Works great, but would be useful if you could get the raw url of the extension download, rather than just downloading.
- (2020-08-01) Darren de Lima: Works well, lets you download chromium extensions easily. Doesn't work for Edgium extensions though.
- (2020-04-06) Sergio Kornelius: Добавьте в расширение, кнопку СКАЧАТЬ CRX!
- (2020-02-18) Varnox Agar: Very good.
- (2020-01-15) Евгений Бунегин: То, что нужно
- (2020-01-04) Alex SD: macht was es soll, nützlich, informativ, dezent... alles in allem sehr hilfreich!
- (2019-12-22) Saul Lopez: I don't really use checked much, but I will rate as you are. Please remove the right click feature. Suggest adding a button onto the page if you can instead. Clicking extension is just as good.
- (2019-12-04) Reth Tard: This is a very good extension! I'm using it to inspect the code of some extensions before installation. Many of them are collecting your data and it's not bad to avoid this kind of malware... I also use it for downloading the CRX files of my favorite addons, just in case they are removed from the store or something like that. There is many other extensions that are supposed to allows you to download the CRX files but most of them are very bad, the downloaded CRX files are not containing the key that allows you to install it normally. The CRX downloading function of this extension is working perfectly and you can install the CRX files just by drag-n-drop into the browser window, no needs to add any registry keys for white-listing the extension. Thank you Rob W. for this great extension!
- (2019-10-22) Marcus Parsons: Just what I needed!
- (2019-09-21) Ephellon Grey: Very useful for finding random bugs and sending reports, I can just come here and check the source(s).
- (2019-09-19) Fletch Burns: Thank you!! Helped solve a problem with old Chrome themes I had
- (2019-08-27) Big Tony: Just remembering to review this. I've been using it for several MONTHS though. It's great! It does exactly what it's supposed to do and without any errors. (for ME at least)
- (2019-06-21) Bill A: Just what the doctor has ordered for CRX files ;) I've noticed that the downloaded file size is always a few KB larger than the one downloaded though any of those web based extension downloaders ( https://chrome-extension-downloader.com/ ). Once I unpacked both and did a binary comparison, they appear to be completely identical, so I'm assuming it's just the packer code being slightly different. I wonder which one has the original packer code exactly as on the Chrome store? Yes, I'm nitpicking, but it's just good old OCD. ;D
- (2019-06-20) Ben Cheshire: Perfection.
- (2019-06-18) Justin Putney: Powerful and very easy to use. :-)
- (2019-05-17) dc cuong: great!
- (2019-04-24) Lincoln W Daniel: This extension saved me when I lost the source of the latest version of my own extension due to lost computer and Github mishappenings
- (2019-04-16) CMS Helper: Как хорошо что есть такой плагин, огромная благодарность авторам!
- (2019-04-08) Lustris: Very useful! If you know what you're doing that is...
- (2019-01-29) Keyboard11: Very useful. I use this a lot and now I don't have to go to anymore broken sites. Thanks!
- (2018-12-07) Chary Chen: This extension conflicts with GMail that when it's enabled, you can't do copy paste from the address line.
- (2018-10-07) Tomas Gonzalez Mendivelzúa: Just used it for a coupe of minutes. It looks great!
- (2018-09-21) Eugene Simonchik: Супер! сенкс
- (2020-09-14, v:1.6.11) QussaiGamer: the best extension in the world
its very cooooooool
- (2020-05-14, v:1.6.11) Siddharth Shekher: Unable to download
Extension is not loading on chrome.
- (2020-05-01, v:1.6.11) female madara: chrome web store
i cant download anything
- (2020-04-28, v:1.6.11) peter betts: access denied
Hi, i get this: Error: Access is denied to chrome:// and Chrome Store pages
- (2019-08-14, v:1.6.11) Christopher Hill: Trying to do GNU Assembler - Thank you for your help! -Chris
Hello, within NaCl Development Environment I'm using sample code hello.asm as shown below. I then issue the commands shown. It seems to compile and link ok, but when I try to run it, I get the error below. Any ideas? I'm just trying to see if I can get some basic assembler running in NaCl. Thank you! .text # section declaration # we must export the entry point to the ELF linker or .global _start # loader. They conventionally recognize _start as their # entry point. Use ld -e foo to override the default. _start: # write our string to stdout movl $len,%edx # third argument: message length movl $msg,%ecx # second argument: pointer to message to write movl $1,%ebx # first argument: file handle (stdout) movl $4,%eax # system call number (sys_write) int $0x80 # call kernel # and exit movl $0,%ebx # first argument: exit code movl $1,%eax # system call number (sys_exit) int $0x80 # call kernel .data # section declaration msg: .ascii "Hello, world!\n" # our dear string len = . - msg # length of our dear string bash.nmf-4.3$ as -o hello.o hello.asm bash.nmf-4.3$ ld -s -o hello hello.o bash.nmf-4.3$ ./hello ./hello: NaCl module load failed: Validation failure. File violates Native Client safety rules.
- (2019-05-24, v:1.6.10) Javen Hall: Issue whenever I try to use it
whenever i click the "view source" button i get this message failed to connect to https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx?response=redirect&os=win&arch=x86-64&os_arch=x86-64&nacl_arch=x86-64&prod=chromecrx&prodchannel=unknown&prodversion=74.0.3729.169&acceptformat=crx2,crx3&x=id%3Dpkejidbfkkhdjcjdpankglbbgimagaig%26uc and then whenever i try to download the .zip file it completely freezes chrome and does not allow me to close without task manager. Help?
- (2019-03-11, v:1.6.10) Blocked
It is not letting me enable the extension it there another way i can install this like from a website or something?
- (2018-11-06, v:1.6.9) Hunter Robson: chrome extension source viewer
i really want this app
- (2018-09-03, v:1.6.6) Les Pratt: Very Slow
MetaMask is hanging up due to unresponsive extension and time outs. Can you advise latest version to use?
- (2018-05-21, v:1.6.2) Unblock
Plz unblock extensions
- (2018-04-17, v:1.6.2) Goo Goo: MBLLZ
Well, in a nutshell this site um, this site pretty much sucks monkeyballz.
- (2018-03-23, v:1.6.2) it sucks
it will not work
- (2018-02-23, v:1.6.2) J K: Dark mode
Can we have dark mode for the extension?
- (2017-11-23, v:1.6) so cool
- (2017-11-14, v:1.6) bad
i hate this