Draw shapes, lines, and add text to live web pages and take screenshot.
Web Paint provides the following easy to use drawing tools that let you draw shapes, lines, and add text to live web pages and take screenshot (touch screen supported) Pencil tool - draw a custom line with the selected line width and color. Eyedropper tool - pick a color from the web page or your drawings and use it for drawing. Text tool - insert text into the web page with the selected color and transparency. Line tool - draw a straight line with the selected line width, transparency and color. Arrow tool - draw a straight line with an arrow on the end the selected line width, transparency and color. Quadratic curve - draw a quadratic curve with the selected line width, transparency and color. Bezier curve - draw a bezier curve with the selected line width, transparency and color. Polygon tool - draw a polygon with the selected line width, transparency and color. Ellipse tool - draw an ellipse or a circle with the selected line width, transparency and color. Paint bucket tool - fill an area with selected color and transparency. Color picker - select a color for the text and line. Transparency slider - select a transparency for the text and line. (Drag the slider to the left to decrease the value and to the right to increase the value) Line width slider - select a line width. (Drag the slider to the left to decrease the value and to the right to increase the value) Rectangle tool - draw a rectangle with the selected line width, transparency and color. Cursor tool - interact with the web page. Eraser tool - erase part of your drawings. Screenshot tool - take a screenshot of the current web page with your drawings. Exit button - clear your drawings and disable the tools. Please click the extension icon in the upper right of your browser to enable the tools. Updates: 1.4.2 New tab page with draw tools. 1.4.0 - New Popup Design - New Tab blank page for sketch drawing - Minor bugs fix
- (2023-06-01) Gamer Patrick: so i downloaded this then i pooped myself and farted a lot so its only because of the extension ok this sucks butt
- (2023-04-05) 데이터플랫폼박대성: It would be nice to be able to support hotkeys in a Mac OS environment as well. Ctrl + Alt + is not supported by Mac os.
- (2021-12-17) daylynn donnaclaire: its okay but I wish i could use it as a highlighter, it doesn't work for highlighting PDF's or anything like that because the drawings move up and down with the page, they don't stay in the place you originally drew them. If this was fixed i would give it a 5/5
- (2021-12-13) YIRETD GONZALEZ: Great interface. Easy to use. It is all I needed! Shortcuts don't work and the new tab is anoying.
- (2021-12-11) Ryan Blanchard: Didn't work for me. I was trying to use it on the site https://www.smalltownwoman.com/apple-fritter/ and on an ASUS C423N Chromebook, using Google Chrome version 94... it just didn't work at all. Did nothing. Minor update I reloaded the page and it looks like it works for like the top 40% of the page but then for some reason when I scroll below about 40% or so, the tool just disappears (it replaces your mouse with, for example, a pencil icon if you're using the pencil tool). End result is still the same... it doesn't work. It should work for 100% of a page not the top 40% of it.
- (2021-11-30) Humberto Gómez: Changes your "New Tab" setting to use their "sponsored" web search. Unacceptable.
- (2021-11-25) Ariel Shor Bosenko: It allows to paint on web page as a canvas. Page scrolling is still enabled, so you can fully use the page as regular - just select a cursor mode
- (2021-11-17) Arthur Jiang: The app itself is amazing, so many uses and all of them work fine. But it replaces your new tab screen and you can't access your bookmarks. Does anyone know if you can disable that?
- (2021-11-17) Mik: could not annotate PDFs
- (2021-11-15) Orrin Gray (Orrinpants): I'm not going all the way down, because I didn't even use it. I was about to test it on a blank website, when my new tab page was swapped.
- (2021-11-11) Riley York: Includes Bing as your New Tab page. Basically just bloatware.
- (2021-11-01) Hê-bí Ngô͘: What the... New update changes Chrome homepage without asking for a permission and there's no option to disable it!
- (2021-10-28) Naethan Fajarito: Great tool for annotating sites, but changes new tab without permission. Sadly, to change I have to remove the extension
- (2021-10-28) Raymond Boucher: It is a great extension! I really loved the previous version of it, because it did not annoyingly change my homepage. With the extension enabled, it automatically sets a new homepage that I completely despise. I want my browser to open Google, with the option to go to email or my waffle menu...anything else is disruptive. This seems like an unnecessary setting by the maker that could be changed. I would love to rate this as 5 stars but I often simply keep it turned off and forget to even use the extension because of this one major annoyance.
- (2021-10-25) madhawa supun: great .love it ..but no option to agust test
- (2021-10-25) Clint Lees: I can no longer recommend this. It takes over the 'new tab' option in Chrome. Was good - now it's not.
- (2021-10-22) Janmejaya Dasgupta: Web paint used to work, but now it replaced my new tab with another tab. Search something, and it gets searched in bing Please fix the extension
- (2021-10-22) VMZ: This extension was very useful and aided in marking up screen content for ideas etc. However, it now takes over your home page and replaces it with its own search integrated with Bing (of all things) maybe for affiliate or other marketing tactics. Any app taking over your pages or search functions should be considered as dangerous and even more so when there is no option to remove the takeover page without deleting the app.
- (2021-10-18) Rehan Abid: THIS IS A VIRUS/SCAM IT HIJACKS YOUR BROWSER TO BING WHICH IS CALLED CHARMSEARCHING, INSTANTLY UNINSTALL!!!
- (2021-10-16) Vonalier: 功能确实不错，但是会更改主标签页就有点难搞哦
- (2021-10-14) Amali M: No option to change my preferences. Unusable.
- (2021-10-11) Arthur de Aquino (Arthorius): When you install it immediately takes over you "new tab" settings and apparently only works there. Will change the rating if I can use it some other way.
- (2021-10-11) Chris: Does unauthorized changes to Chrome.
- (2021-10-11) Denis OConnor: Accidentally set one of my drawings to "background" and now every new tab displays it. I couldn't find any settings to undo it so I had to uninstall then reinstall it. If there is already a way to undo that, I would advise making it easier to be found. The new window now only searches using Bing. This should give users the choice to stick with their own default one. Once these two features are fixed it would be 5 stars. Very easy to use and still the best I've found so far.
- (2021-10-08) Anson Levine: Worked pretty well and good until it decided to change my home page without permission. Nope, not having that again.
- (2021-10-06) Phil Volkers: The drawing part is pretty good, BUT the extension will take over your new-tab page to serve up a Bing search field. There is no option to turn off their commandeering of the new-tab page nor to change search engine.
- (2021-10-03) Wesley Stessens: Horrible that it replaces the new tab search by Bing!
- (2021-10-02) Elvis Orlando: Sugiero que haya un opción para que se active automáticamente al abrir nueva pestaña o entrar a un link
- (2021-09-30) Lis Kl: Installing this extension changes your home page. THAT IS RUDE!
- (2021-09-28) Dean West: This is a great tool for marking up websites, but now it takes over your default Chrome tab when opening up a new tab. This is an HORRIFIC update as I need to disable it every time I'm done using the tool so I can get my regular Chrome tab back.
- (2021-09-21) Yoda: This extension was great and did all that it promised. The reason why I only rated it 4 stars is because it's really annoying how it changes the new tab page.
- (2021-09-19) Patrick Castro: Replaces the New Tab page. I recommend that people avoid this.
- (2021-09-18) Hugo Souto: Há malware embutido pelo menos a partir da última atualização.
- (2021-09-16) Paddy Landau: EDIT: This extension now replaces the home page with its own home page. The functionality cannot be turned off. This is entirely unnecessary and intrusive. Uninstalling. This is a useful extension. As a bonus, it remembers what you've done on each page across sessions. Problem: On a long page, the extension stops working after scrolling past some point. Worse, when scrolling past that point, it erases everything that you've already done without warning. Example page: https://www.classicfm.com/discover-music/women-in-music/changed-classical-music-world-forever/ Request: One thing that I would love is for the extension to *automatically* show what it has saved when reopening a page, because it's easy to forget that you've added information to a specific page.
- (2021-09-16) Praveen Rathour: It is Controlling Google Chrome new tab page and Shows results from bing after search in google. I hope is it ok. for now, i am disabling this
- (2021-09-15) Maggie McAuliffe: Glitchy Pen draws a cm below where my cursor is, the lines are fuzzy, program is slow. There are much better extensions available
- (2021-09-15) Megan Wilkinson: Extension does what it says it does and does it well. However the extension replaces your newtabs homepage from a google search bar to a bing search bar. I havent seen a way to change it back without disabling the extension. Why is the extension changing the search engine.
- (2021-09-14) Brendan Stolth: It works fine drawing with a mouse which is not really a good way to draw. There is at least one second delay using the touchscreen/pen which is a dealbreaker. Also it forces you to use it's own new tab page for no obvious reason. I will not be using this extension very often/at all because of these reasons.
- (2021-09-13) Austin Love: I am only saying I dislike this app due to the fact that when its enabled it changes the home screen of my browser. If this was not a part of its coding and usage I would not be removing it and using another digital ink app.
- (2021-09-12) MARTIN MANUEL MARTINEZ AVILA: Everything was good until the new update, in which the new tab page is changed and also the search engine. What does it need to do that for? I'm heading to replace it with another extension.
- (2021-09-12) Jinhee Han: After the recent update, one thing has become very inconvenient. When I open a new tab in Chrome, this extension interferes with my original Chrome settings. So now I always turn this extension off. I go to settings and turn it on and off only when I need it.
- (2021-09-06) Daniel Somers: Latest update will change your default browser to Bing, random pop ups etc. This WAS a good plugin but they've now appeared to have added spam
- (2021-09-05) Enaya Gad: New update controls browser to Bing! No option to remove.
- (2021-09-04) chopscissors: Does what it says, and very cool app actually, HOWEVER... Hijacks your Home and New Tab pages from your default to like a completely blank search page, for some reason. This is annoying, but wouldn't be so bad IF there were some way to turn this feature off. Combing your settings just reveals a message in the Home Page section that says "Web Paint is controlling this" or something, and gives you the option to disable it, which results in disabling the extension completely. No way to turn off the home page feature alone. This is obnoxious and hopefully just an oversight, however until it's fixed, I won't be using it.
- (2021-09-03) Maria Eduarda: TOP,FACIL DE USAR E SUPER SIMPLES
- (2021-09-03) Philipp Reitter: WARNING it adds Bing as the default search engine for new tabs!
- (2021-08-31) dave heckler: What was once a great tool is now horrible. There's no reason to take over the new tab browser behavior. This should have been an option, not a default setting that can't be disabled.
- (2021-08-30) OKAN KÜÇÜK: yeni sekme açtığında anasayfanı değiştiriyor... eskiden iyiydi. devre dışı bıraktım... 0
- (2021-08-28) Maika Kawashima: if it had key combinations, it would be even better. having to manually click on the undo tool is an extra step that gets annoying after a while.
- (2021-08-28) Ethan Cenkush: good use it
- (2020-02-27, v:1.3.1) dat nguyen: Do the source open?
I am very interesting this extension. So I wonder it is open source to some one can dev more convenient feature? I am willing to improve user experience with this extension.
- (2020-01-31, v:1.3.1) Ritwik Biswas: feature add request
plz add a function where we the pen color can be changed because when the webpage backgroud is black .it becomes difficult to locate the pen since the pen is also black.
- (2020-01-26, v:1.3.1) Ognjen Kovacevic: Addition
Thank you for a great app. Could you guys please implement an arrow style line (a line that you create that has an arrow at the end)? This seems to be the only missing piece of this draw tool, I constantly have to go back to other tools just for this one function.
- (2020-01-13, v:1.3.1) Eiliyah Tomes: It would be nice if it didn't except restrictions. Like it would need permission to be blocked. Please and thank you. :)
It would be more helpful if this was apart of the owners app because more people would also get to use it. So please use this suggestion.
- (2019-12-26, v:1.3.1) Blastar Seymour: Paint without the need to move.
It would be nice if you could click paint something like a small dot without the need to move the mouse.
- (2019-12-18, v:1.3.1) Jeroen Nusselein: calibrate
Great app for older touchscreens. unfortunately point of writing on the touchscreen is about 2 cm lower. very difficult when you have to write between the lines.
- (2019-12-11, v:1.3.1) GEO: Pen Color
It would be so helpful if users could 'change the color of the pen/brush etc. to something other than black. ( it is very difficult to see on a web page that has a dark background) Also: the option to hide the controls needs a different icon. I think if a few things are tweaked a bit, it would make things much more user friendly. All in All .. this is a nice extension. The pen color option is a MUST however Thx
- (2019-12-06, v:1.3.1) Alejandro Piñero Amerio: Are you able to record what I do or see? How is the screen/browser data protected?
Are you able to record what I do or see? How is the screen/browser data protected?
- (2019-11-09, v:1.3.1) Nai FF.: como puedo entrar
no se como acceder a este programa
- (2019-11-05, v:1.3.1) Gowtham Sen Potnuru: Do you have extension for IE as well?
Do you have extension for IE as well?
- (2019-10-22, v:1.3.1) עדי בנדור: touchscreen
Did it works on a touchscreen ?
- (2019-10-22, v:1.3.1) Enzo Moraes Fantini: Design Improvement
I think that I could help you improving the design of de Web Paint extension. The extension is already good, but the design isn't in my opinion.
- (2019-10-18, v:1.3.1) Chris Picking: Hot Keys on Mac not working
The hot keys do not appear to work on a Mac, I need to be able to hid the pallet to and still swap from cursor to tool sometimes. Not a big deal but would be really helpful!
- (2019-09-23, v:1.3.1) Ruthie Raske: Web Pait
I hid the menu to choose your option for drawing and now I can't turn the app off. I tried deleting the the app but the pen will not disappear
- (2019-09-20, v:1.3.1) shaphan thomas: Calibrate Placement
I really love this extension. It does EVERYTHING that I want it to do, however the calibration of the drawing is off by about 20 pixels. This is true whether or not I use touch screen, mouse/cursor, or stylus. I am using on a ASUS chromebook. Will try on other devices later. Wish this wasn't the case, because it is off just enough to make it difficult to use.
- (2019-09-18, v:1.3.1) Aubrie M Vincent: I cant use it.
Every time I try to open it it says, "We are sorry, the page you are viewing is not supported. Please try another page." I understood this concept until it started saying this on every single tab/ page. I hope you can understand my concern.
- (2019-07-28, v:1.3.1) Lisa Sheean: Cursor tool no longer works. Tried re-booting Chrome and Firefox. Work-around is to erase then quit.
Cursor tool no longer works. Tried re-booting Chrome and Firefox. Work-around is to erase then quit.
- (2019-06-15, v:1.3.1) Nicoll sofia Arevalo Caballero: web paint
no lo puedo abrir aparece que : We are sorry, but the page you are viewing is not supported. Please try another page. . Lo sentimos, pero la página que está viendo no es compatible. Por favor, intente otra página.