Raise money for charity with every browser tab you open!
- (2020-08-01) garfis: Tabs for a Cause is great in concept but completely falls apart when it comes time to donate the hearts you've collected. Nearly every charity on this extension is either ineffective or flat-out bad. Conservation International is yet another faulty environmental organization, the Human Rights Watch may have biases, GiveDirectly's method of combating poverty is inefficient, Water.org hasn't had any high-profile scandals yet but the long-term impacts of its methods may be bad, and the Foundation to Decrease Worldsuck is literally fueled by YouTubers who really aren't the group of people I'd go to to freely select reputable and genuinely helpful charities. I could go on but I feel like this list makes my point. If the creators can't make it so that users can select the charities they want to donate to then I'd sincerely recommend that they either research the organizations they select themselves or approach activists, researchers, or really anyone who's familiar with major social/political issues for help with selecting who to donate to.
- (2020-08-01) Brogle: I really like it! The wallpaper is really cool and I normally don't use a lot on my now tab, but good to know that I am sub consciously donating to charity Sorry for the bad english
- (2020-07-16) Gamebloxxer 303: it is cool and a tab is donating some money for charity!
- (2020-07-15) Dizzytig Playz: Its Great! I like how you can raise money for charity with something so simple as opening a tab! But I do not understand why there is a limit to how many hearts you can earn in a day, I open around 200 tabs a day and i stopped earning hearts at about 145.
- (2020-07-11) Reader XX: I love the concept, and I like how its not annoying w/ the ads! just got a question, how much are the hearts? is 1 dollar donated, or 5? its just something im curio us about.
- (2020-07-08) SeverusSkyLar: Not only is it for a good cause it also makes your browser look better along with this a also suggest the extension called search for a cause in that one everytime you search money gets donated to charity it is by the same people as this one
- (2020-06-29) Smicc: it cool and it help people in bad life :D
- (2020-06-29) RoboRedgamer: I've been using it for three years now and I can say it's a very great extension. It can raise a lot of money and the tab itself is very stylish. It would be nice if it could load tabs faster but everything else is absolutely great!
- (2020-06-27) Lee Thurston: I like what they're doing and how they're donating to charaties and all that but for some reason as soon as I started using it my google chrome started lagging like crazy and it was really annoying me.
- (2020-06-27) Luis Hernando Vega: MUY BUENA ESTETICA
- (2020-06-26) Zainab Ahmed: I liked this whole charity thing, but I was disturbed when I read a review from reddit, of a person who did research and revealed that only 30% of the money raised goes to charity, and the rest goes for employment costs, office costs, employer salaries and much more. Its just slightly annoying but other than that its
- (2020-04-16) Archer Aguilar: It is wonderful to know that my hearts go to a good cause!
- (2020-04-14) said: Great Idea behind this Project but sadly i dont see ads and dont have any adblocker?
- (2020-04-13) Aitazaz Shah: Amazing. Great charities, great cause
- (2020-04-08) Christian Sage: only thing is I would like it if when I open a link in a new tap it gets me a heart but I know this is not going to happen because there wont be an ad in your linked tab.
- (2020-04-07) Michael Cheng: The fact is that there are not enough vetting for the organisations to donate to. Organisation known for committing atrocious acts like PETA is one of the choices you can vote on for the month. The donation campaign to the corrupt WHO, whose kissing up to China and refusal to share data from Taiwanese experts warning of human to human transmission all the way back on December 31st causing the world to be months behind in this crisis. The WHO has continually bow down to Chinese political pressure and frankly is not what the world need. I feel that donation should not go to an organisation as corrupt as the WHO but asides from that, this does allow me a way to give even though I'm a student who have no income.
- (2020-04-02) Lily R: A great way to contribute to charities and world betterment through everyday actions. It makes it easy to make your actions meaningful.
- (2020-04-01) Đa_Sun: Olá, gladly.io, gostei muito da sua iniciativa ao criar esta extensão. Mas você não pode apenas ajudar países africanos, mas também outros como Brasil, Índia, Líbano, Colômbia, entre outros. Em todos os países, as pessoas precisam ter uma vida melhor. Um comentário do Brasil :)
- (2020-03-30) _ RubyWolfLover9 _: I loved this, a great extension for Chrome. Sad that it only extends to Chrome and Firefox, though, as everybody should have access to this amazing donation centre. The "hearts" idea is very simple and overall it is easy to use. One thing they should add is more charities, such as well-known RACQ, Red Cross, Lifeline, etc.
- (2020-03-26) tamoli 8: This extension is very helpful and fun as we ,nowadays, have a lot of tabs open or open a lot of tabs so finding a way to link up helping the world with opening tabs is creative smart and helpful to everyone and for me, I don't see any issues
- (2020-03-23) ela yuwono: this is so good
- (2020-03-22) Zach M: Not Intrusive!
- (2020-03-20) danny banny: im in love with it i love love it so muah i love it so much i cant even spell it i hope this gets app of the day
- (2020-03-09) Vinny: Ive been using this app for almost 5 years id say, I joined when teams weres still a thing. Ever since the appearance update was made you guys never added back teams even after saying you would. Would you guys ever add them back, theyre one of my biggest motivators, thanks,
- (2020-03-09) Adam B.: Très beau concept ! Ce serait toutefois mieux s'il y avait plus de widgets et de personnalisation de l'espace.
- (2020-07-20, v:5.20) pikasyu USDF: How do I log in?
I was logged out of tab for cause and search for cause after clearing my caches. Then when requested for username, it says that it is already taken (which is the case because I had used it before). How do I log in, or more importantly, how do I resolve this issue?
- (2020-07-07, v:5.20) Amanda Rob: Keeping Tabs Active
I had tabs active and have found that its still installed but its annoyingly no longer active as my tabs open. How do I get it to work without uninstalling and reinstalling it?
- (2020-07-02, v:5.20) Thomas: A dark mode option
Hello, love your extension. My sugestion is an option that replaces the short-lived completely white screen, with a black one. The white flash appers before my chosen bagground image appears, on all new tabs.
- (2020-06-25, v:5.20) That Guy: Ads not showing up
Hello! This sin't exactly a problem for me, but the homepage is not showing me any ads. I am still getting hearts but I'm not sure if its helping charity and I would like to recieve ads. I have all my adblockers disabled for the homepage but there still aren't ads.
- (2020-06-22, v:5.20) Nzingha J: The ability to change fonts + easier bookmark addition
Hello! I'd just like to suggest the ability to change the font used for the clock and date, and a way for us to import bookmarks we've already added to our browser (without needing to type them in manually). Thank you for your work on this extension and with charities!
- (2020-06-16, v:5.20) Chris: Poblom
When I opend chrome again the extension did not work my tabs were diffrent hwo do I open it again, (Man i'm stupid)
- (2020-06-16, v:5.20) Katelynn Craft: Not seeing the monthly charity
Hi, I got a pop up to donate to the NAACP when I first installed the extension but I did not have any hearts. I would like to donate more hearts but I do not see it (I am assuming it is the monthly charity). Where/how do I find the option to donate to them again?
- (2020-06-15, v:5.20) Paul H: Max hearts
when I donated 23 hearts it should not be maximum anymore but it is and I cant give hearts.
- (2020-06-15, v:5.20) Samuelinox 2808: I collegamenti
Una funzione che uso molto su chrome sono i collegamenti al centro, assenti in Tab for a cause. Sarebbe una bella aggiunta per rendere l'esperienza più vicina a quella di chrome possibile
- (2020-06-14, v:5.20) daegancatt _: i love tab for a cause but i don't want to lose the normal google
what if there was a setting where the menu is not on the normal google tab but instead a button that you can click to go to the menu.
- (2020-06-13, v:5.20) Miguel Ángel Vargas García: Suddenly not showing up when opening new tabs.
Last time i was on my computer it used to work, about 2 or 3 days ago, now chrome shows the default new tab page, i didn't do any changes in chrome.
- (2020-06-07, v:5.20) Nick Papadopoulos: Change username
Hello, I have accidentally created the wrong username for my account. Is there a way to change this? Thank you.
- (2020-06-06, v:5.20) RGB Is Me: Not working
It's not working, I diabled adblockers, reinstalled, etc. it worked briefly on a new tab but as soon as I tried browsing it failed
- (2020-06-06, v:5.20) Jester: Thumbnails support?
Hello! I love what's going on here, but I have an important request; Is it possible to add the thumbnail bookmarks that we use to the new tab page? It'll really make using this a lot more easier and likely to keep using. Thank you
- (2020-06-05, v:5.20) Matt Gilliam: Bookmarks bar in new tab disappears after install
Problem: Bookmarks bar doesn't show within a new tab after installing extension. Expected: After installing extension, bookmarks bar within a new tab is still shown the same way before the extension was installed. The bookmarks bar then disappears when loading a web page. What really happened: Bookmarks bar is not shown within new tabs after installing extension. Additional Info: Bookmarks bar setting in Chrome is set to off by default, but will still show the bookmarks bar when opening a new tab. The bookmarks bar disappears when loading a new page. After installing extension, bookmarks bar no longer shows. Switching the bookmarks bar setting to 'on' does show the bookmarks bar, but it will always be 'on' and is not desired.
- (2020-06-03, v:5.20) deanna kay: A suggestion for the site!
Hey developer! I think a really good idea would be to add a color customizing setting where you pick what color/hex to be your buttons and surrounding colors! Another suggestion I have, add a personalized font and font color setting! Thank you for reading.
- (2020-06-02, v:5.20) Alex Feuchtwanger: Sign in
Hi, I never seem to stay signed in. So every time I open a new tab, it asks me to log in to the app again, and I don't see any ads unless I do.
- (2020-05-18, v:5.20) Garrett Perman: Loses Sign In
As someone who uses the same computer for entertainment and work (as a lot of people do, I am sure, during COVID). I have multiple Google logins. Every time I swap my Chrome login, I lose the Tab for a Cause login. To be clear, nothing else in Chrome logs out when I do this, just TfaC. That also means it logs out at least 2-4x per day. Right now, it is just too often, so I am not signing back in any more. I love the extension and would love to continue to use it if you could square this away.
- (2020-05-15, v:5.20) Chris Blook: Crashing When Loading Back in Chrome
Whenever you press the back arrow to go back a page, if you go back to the home page while this extension is on, Chrome crashes. No idea why this started happening but only started recently (as of May 14, 2020). It sucks because I like using the extension itself.
- (2020-04-13, v:5.20) Sydney Ziebold: COVID-19 Relief: Clean Water for 2,000
It will not let me donate to the COVID-19 Relief: Clean Water for 2,000.
- (2020-04-12, v:5.20) midmcb: New Account
Please tell me how to name a charity. Thanks!
- (2020-04-11, v:5.20) pedro cruz: favorites
hi I just started using tab for a cause and for some reason the sites in favorites don't appear right bellow where you write the url or search in google (don't know the name) as it shows in the normal initial page of chrome, do you have an option to those appear again?
- (2020-04-09, v:5.20) Lily Farizon: relief
it won't let me donate to the COVID relief projects
- (2020-04-06, v:5.20) Alexandra Abuhoff: Need to change my login
Hi, I added Tab for a Cause a few years ago and I just had a blip in my computer and now it signed me out. I tried to sign in but accidentally created a new account with my gmail which I had attached to chrome. I am trying to sign in with my facebook, but it won't let me. Can you please help me to be able to fix this? Thank you so much! Alexandra Abuhoff
- (2020-02-27, v:5.20) Sarah L: viewing PDF
since a few days I can't view pdf documents in my google chrome browser, disabeling the tab for a cause extensions fixes this issue, so somehow the extension is blocking something. When I change the PDF settings to download instead of viewing in the advanced settings, it works fine, but I would preffer to view instead of download.