Raise money for charity with every browser tab you open!
- (2021-10-17) Sydney G: I absolutely love Tab For a Cause!! I love the generated webpage (with the nice background, place for a to-do list, and of course you can see how much money is being donated!) and really enjoy that my penchant for using waaaaay too many tabs is helping donate to charity! However, I'm switching to Firefox as my default browser and I'm really bummed that I can't download the extension there--I'm hoping that it'll get added there eventually because it's really the only downside I can see of switching browsers.
- (2021-09-22) KadePlayz: Awesome extension! The only thing that I hope you add is an ability to change the amount of ads you get per new tab to help earn hearts faster. You could have 1 ad and earn 1 heart every tab or you could have 10 and earn 10 hearts per tab. I hope you add this in an update, thanks!
- (2021-09-01) Amadou Bass: Great extension my only complaint is that its limited to chrome and edge, it would help a lot more people if this was widen to include more browsers in the future.
- (2021-08-28) King Saturn: -YAY! -A good cause doesn't try to fight with my "Ecosia Search Engine", it tells the time AND the weekday/date! (those are adjustable, open a new tab go to your right hand side press the three dots stacked up together and you can adjust not only your time widgets but also your search engine) -I love how you only need 6 hearts to donate! :D! 350 hearts just for inviting a friend! It has levels which gives me motivation....to open tabs! -They also have a tab thing for shelter cats but I dont know much about it! -SIMPLE but nice! You can also change your background from random daily pics to a color or one of your own. (RIGHT HAND SIDE three dots stacked on each other then go to background and choose what you like.) -In conclusion I LOVE THIS!
- (2021-08-27) Sim K: as someone that constantly has at least 50 tabs open i'm about to raise 'tabs for a cause' thousands lol
- (2021-08-08) Lochlann Niddrie: Making a change in the world for good
- (2021-08-07) Paradox: its better then the old new tab that google gives us, plus, we can donate to charity! thats the best part!
- (2021-07-29) Eka Ng: Was great until it started to logged me out sometimes, i don't know the cause . . . but it's also really slow my browser searching, i copy paste a link, press enter . . . 5 mins later . . . i only encounter the Tab for a cause page, and i forgot what was i copy paste-ed before . . . i've donated 1600-ish hearts, but for my productivity, i'll remove this until it got update that fix that 2 problem
- (2021-07-13) Jeel Chaniyara: It's a pretty nifty extension, and does what it says. Ask for a new feature: I only wish I could find out how many hearts I donated to each charity. I care about almost all the causes and would wish to have a equal distribution for each of them. This should not be too difficult to add.
- (2021-07-11) Zachary Mk: Easiest way to raise money! Great :)
- (2021-07-08) Sprig: I think this is a great extension, and the people behind it are truly doing a wonderful thing! One issue I have is that it doesn't seem to register the character "&". When you try to look up any phrase with "&" in it, anything after the character is also not registered in the search, so it only looks for terms before it. Honestly, that's just a nitpick though, and it doesn't really make searching any harder. Overall, great job!
- (2021-07-08) bleiv: Não são claros com quanto da renda dos anúncios é enviada pra caridade e quanto fica com quem gerencia o aplicativo. Metade? Um décimo? Um centésimo? Só dizem "uma porção será enviada". Programas que lidam com caridade devem ser abertos e claros com o que fazem. English: It's not clear how much of the ad revenue goes to charity and how much stays with whoever manages the app. A half? A tenth? One hundredth? They just say "a portion will be sent". Programs that deal with charity must be open and clear about what they do.
- (2021-07-07) s kumar: It is a very good extension. I love it . I used it for some time but the thing is I can't sacrifice bookmarks bar on new tab page in chrome. Hope the devs understand this and find some solution.
- (2021-07-01) Nicole Edwards: Tab for a Cause still pops up when I open chrome, even after I removed it and deleted my account.
- (2021-06-30) Jay: five stars for concept, goal, and execution. wasn't working for me at first (blank white screen), but just needed a minute and a couple new tabs to warm up i guess
- (2021-06-30) Jan The Man: It's really cool and pretty fun, raises money etc. until it stops working and just turns into a white screen.
- (2021-06-28) Anthony: It's a browser hijacker, but a good browser hijacker that goes for a good cause.
- (2021-06-22) Manreet The person: This website is amazing I love just clicking a tab and knowing that I am saving lives !!
- (2021-06-22) Anika Smith: This is a great extension! It makes me feel good while online, and it's super easy to use. I love that you can choose which search engine you want to use, because I know different people like different search engines, so that's a really neat feature. Also, the backgrounds are very pretty and the ability to use your own photo(s) is helpful. However, I wish that there was a feature that told you how many hearts you've donated in total to each organization. Overall this extension is super amazing, and you should totally download it!
- (2021-06-18) I Dislike Eating Chicken: it is really good but I still need my shortcuts so can you guys make it have shortcuts, it will be a nice cherry on top a humongus and delicious cake
- (2021-06-17) Daisy hatingugol: Would be nice to be able to change color and font of the clock
- (2021-06-16) Skylar Chrisman: It works really well so far, I love that literally just opening tabs can raise money for charity, I love it. It doesn't change to a different search engine either, just a different Google screen, and it's customizable. I don't think I can recommend it more.
- (2021-06-16) Chenny Chen: Very happy with this - love how easy it is to raise money for charities! Using this as well as 'search for a cause' to really double my impact. I wish there was a way to see how many hearts are donated like a live tally though.
- (2021-06-01) Michael G: Great, just wished financial statements could be accessed more easily
- (2021-05-31) moetoslow: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW0AQ4Wjrhiy19ViQaoUp7A/featured
- (2021-05-28) Andy G: Wonderful idea and I enjoyed using it for a few years. However, as my laptop aged I realised that the most effective way of making Chrome quicker was disabling this extension. Suddenly Task Manager wasn't constantly at 100% CPU usage and everything was easier.
- (2021-05-25) Sean Burton: breaks every tab I open now. looks like they haven't bothered to update it in years to keep up with chrome. I'm looking else where's for a better tab. I highly doubt this this ever supported anything anyway.
- (2021-05-18) Brandon Tan: I really liked having this on, but since new tabs staring having the tab for a cause url, I have been feeling frustrated. Wonder how this new "update" can be undone.
- (2021-05-17) Fran Harrington: Loved this extension until the new tabs started having the "https://tab.gladly.io/newtab/" url display in chrome. Now half the time I accidentally search for that + my actual search term. Would be great if you could give the option to remove the url from the address bar like it was before.
- (2021-05-13) Mikael Zhang: New update causes new tab to overwrite the address, which overwrites what I'm typing when opening a tab and typing immediately.
- (2021-05-12) Payton Christensen: this is a great way to donate money to organizations, i love how you can choose the organization that you donate to each time. i recommend tab for a cause! :)
- (2021-04-26) Anne-Audrey Lariviere: Love the concept but I saw the ads saying "Tab for Cats" and they are not even in the donation list... this quite disappointing...
- (2021-04-19) David Houghton: Really good idea to raise money for charity while free for the end user, as advertisement money actually goes somewhere useful. How it works: The extension does not interfere with any web pages you visit, so don't worry about obtrusive/bombarding adverts as you can continue to browse the web (and use Adblockers!) without a problem. Instead, when you open a new empty tab, instead of displaying the normal empty-tab-page, your browser will show the Tab For A Cause control panel and display a few adverts in the bottom corner. Those adverts will trigger the payments form the advertisers and you rack up "hearts". Once you rack up so many hearts you can then choose which charity to donate to, which will determine where the advertisement money goes. Every advert hit is worth far less than 1 pence, so to raise more money, more people need to use it, simple as that. If you use an Adblocking extension, it does not affect Tab For A Cause because Adblock won't interfere with an empty tab. A few tips: • I use Brave browser instead of Chrome. It gives the same experience and works with Chrome extensions but blocks tracking scripts and some adverts (also get the Adblock extension to block obtrusive adverts, this won't interfere with Tab for a Cause!) • Get an extension called "Tab Reloader (page auto refresh)" if you want to refresh your tab every minute so Tab For A Cause can generate even more revenue (they will limit how many hearts you can earn in a day but at least you will hit the limit) • You can use your Google account to sign in. Multiple google accounts? Max out your hearts then sign in with another account. Raise more money for charity while advertisers pay to show you their useless junk you had no intention of buying anyway. • This extension will interfere with your browser's default empty-tab view. So if you need Chrome's/Brave's usual empty-tab control panels you need to turn the extension off.
- (2021-04-17) Nhật Anh Bùi: Tôi chỉ tải cái Extension từ Minute Earth. Nghe nói nếu sử dụng tab này thì họ sẽ quyên góp tiền cho quỹ Action Against Hunger. Hoặc ít nhất là nếu bạn là fan của MinuteEarth và theo đường link họ đưa thì cái chủ Extension này sẽ quyên góp $1.
- (2021-04-16) Nuyo: Incredible app! SO many amazing things have been made possible effortlessly through this simple extension. that being said GET SUPPORT FOR MORE BROWSERS
- (2021-02-26) Kai GN: I like this extension!! But can you tell me how to invite friends? If you invite friends, you can get 350 hearts. I invited friends, but I don't get hearts. Are there any way to fix this problem? thx
- (2021-02-13) dezső konkoly: ok
- (2021-02-05) Iñaki Jiménez Miranda: He sacrificado otras herramientas de "nueva pestaña" para usar esta. Ser solidario no cuesta nada. Genial idea.
- (2021-02-02) Jheiden Maveric G. Damasco: It was very nice, i am not able to donate using money so i found this. This extension helped a lot and gave me a chance to donate, thanks.
- (2021-01-29) Brandon Murray: love it just what are the purpose of the levels
- (2021-01-24) Senas Taksioras: Awesome, idk if every cent goes to charity but its an awesome feeling knowing that you helped some, definitely recommend
- (2021-01-21) Neptune17e8: awesome i can donate to charity whilst doing stuff online
- (2021-01-10) Tony Jian: it was great but they should make the search at the top left the beta search engine instead of google
- (2020-12-18) Jonas Anderson: Amazing, works with multiple search engines, allows you to donate to quite a few different causes. I highly recommend.
- (2020-12-10) Elijah's Balloons: Love it! I found a fault in its heart idea, though. I just reload the new tab page and each time i get a heart.
- (2020-12-08) hady saad: Really great addition - without considering its charity work. This adds organization to the browser, seems difficult to operate without it.
- (2020-12-02) Sylvia B: Ok so i've seen some people asking how to get ecosia to work with tabforacause so what you have to do is go into the three dots in the corner, click on it and then click on settings. Then you scroll down and there is a section in widgets that asks what search engine you want to use and you can choose ecosia from there.
- (2020-12-01) AnimalStyx: This seems pretty legit, honestly its pretty fun to just install this and then just spam opening tabs lmao!
- (2020-11-22) JD RL: I want to get behind this... BUT -I miss my Chrome new tab bookmarks, the ones built-in are not good -I understand your color choice, but the magenta/pink/violet of it disagrees with me
- (2020-11-21) Adoration sans musique, Bro Benjamin S: nice
- (2021-09-30, v:6.0) Luke Lancaster: Can't Log in
Okay, so I was just logged out of the browser extension via clearing my cache, but when I tried to log back in, I accidentally clicked the 'Sign In' option. Now it seems like I'm locked into creating a new account and can't go back to log in to my existing account.
- (2021-09-16, v:6.0) C Moore: how do you change your email account for verification purposes
need to change my email address because I'm having trouble accessing my old account
- (2021-08-30, v:6.0) MrSomeonesbody: Avast detects a phishing link when logging in.
Upon attempting to log in in a new tab, Avast blocks the connection to tabs-for-a-cause.firebaseapp.com , claiming it to be a phishing website. Here is an image of the warning. https://i.redd.it/cvxjz2kf9hk71.png
- (2021-08-18, v:6.0) Meg Meg: Tab for a Cause not working-
Hello! I've used Tab For A Cause for years! I like collecting the tabs into the thousands then donating them all at once. Today I restarted my laptop and opened Chrome and saw that I had been logged out of my account. I tried logging back in with every email I know I have but I still can't seem to get in. I'm pretty disappointed considering how many tabs I had saved up and how long i've had this particular account. I think the issue may be my google account. I've always used the same google account but now when I log into it, it logged me to an account that already exists but isn't the one i've been using for the past few years. Still my account, just not one that I want. I think the issue may be that my google account email is linked to 2 separate Tab accounts but its logging me into the wrong one. I was wondering if there's anything that can be done about this? I know its silly but I tend to get attached to digital accounts, so I'm pretty disappointed to see this one lost. Thanks a bunch, Meghan S.
- (2021-08-08, v:6.0) Chi: Tab for a Cause not working with Multiple Accounts
Hello I'm using Google Chrome and have two accounts with it. One account 1 (this one), I have installed the application with no problems. With account 2, I see the icon for "Tab for a Cause" in my toolbar... and when I try to go install it, I see the message that it's already been installed (while I'm looking around in my 2nd account). The problem is, whenever I open up a new tab in my 2 account, I get the google search engine. I do not have this issue when using my 1 account. I'm not sure what is going on... if it's something I need to do on my end or if it's a glitch. Please help, Thank you.
- (2021-08-07, v:6.0) Whittney Mikkél Cloud: Cat photos MIA?
I'm definitely using Tabs for Cats, but my background images have suddenly become nature photos instead of cute cats :/ Don't get me wrong, I love nature but ... cats ...
- (2021-07-05, v:6.0) Noah Hourigan: URL bar
With a recent update every time I open a new tab the url bar contains "https://tab.gladly.io/newtab/" which is annoying as I often forget to remove it before searching something. It would be good if you could revert whatever is causing this.
- (2021-06-18, v:6.0) I Dislike Eating Chicken: shortcuts
it is really good but I still need my shortcuts so can you guys make it have shortcuts, it will be a nice cherry on top a humongus and delicious cake that I know you amazing people are trying your hardest to make it but please I need to quickly get to my google meet and classroom (after watching some youtube videos just in the nick of time before my class starts ;) )
- (2021-06-17, v:6.0) Henry Warren: yes
this is so cool i got this from a yt vid i hope a lot of ppl do this stuff
- (2021-05-17, v:6.0) Ikiratuki: Password
I would like the option to change my password
- (2021-05-09, v:6.0) Camille Hanyo: Cant reinstall Tab for a Cause
Hi, I dont know if Im the only one with this issue, but I am currently unable to reinstall Tab for a Cause. I get the following error message: Could not move extension directory into profile. I've been using Tab for a Cause for Years now and Im not sure how it got uninstalled in the first place. Please let me know.
- (2021-05-06, v:6.0) Heather Harrison: Tab for cats not adding
Hi, I'm trying to access the 'tab for cats' version of this but can't seem to find that particular charity on chrome? Every time the page just takes me to the regular tab for a cause - how can I make sure I support the kitties?
- (2021-05-03, v:6.0) Vina Campbell: Bookmarks showing up per screenshot
Does this extension still function as per the screenshots, specifically does it include bookmark links in the top left (or anywhere on the page) as seen in screenshot #2? When I open a new tab, I see Feedback in the top left, then in the top right the invite friends icon, the counter, money raised, and the gear settings icon.
- (2021-03-30, v:5.20) Gui Harrison: Downloading "px" file
Hi! I'm not the only one going through this I think, but a "px" file is frequently being downloaded on my Chrome, over my windows machines (haven't tested on other OS's though). Otherwise I just absolute love this app and everything it stands for. DFTBA!
- (2021-02-25, v:5.20) levi: ability to change accent color
hello, i adore this browser extension. i feel like i can make a change in the world just by opening some tabs. i know the main feature is the charity aspect, but i also really enjoy the customization options. just a little suggestion here, though: maybe have somewhere in the settings and option to change the accent color (the color the bookmark icon and the bookmarks label are on the homescreen)? by default it's lavender, it looks ok but it doesn't really match the whole theme i've got going on. it's not really that huge of an issue considering the aim of the extension isn't centered entirely around aesthetics, this is merely just a little QoL change that i think would be neat.
- (2021-02-05, v:5.20) Alexis Rabinovich Orlandi: It logs me out automatically
I've been using TabForACause for over a year now and never had this or any other problem. A couple of days ago, when I opened a new tab it automatically logged me out and prompted me to the log in page. I logged in with my google account (as it is my only account in TabForACause). Every hour or so, if I open a new tab it logs me out again. It's pretty frustrating and It totally defeats the purpouse of using TabForACause. If you need any more details be sure to contact me. Thanks and keep it up!
- (2021-01-10, v:5.20) Maxime Bedez: Log in
Can not log in on my computer. The pop up does not load the log in page. I already tried deactivating ad-blocker, changing cookies settings... Nothing works.
- (2021-01-09, v:5.20) Robin Rogge: How do I sign out / sign into a different account?
I recently switched computers, now it always asks me to enter my Username, however when I do, it tells me the username already exists. I don't want to create a new account, I want to continue using my old one. I might have authenticated with the wrong Google account on re-install, but I can't figure out how to sign out and back in again to try another...
- (2021-01-08, v:5.20) MadE: No Ads
Sadly no ads show up when I open a new tab. Everything else works fine. I already tried deactivating all potential ad-blockers but nothing changed.
- (2020-12-11, v:5.20) Blackbird: Tab wont show up
How do I get the tab to show up because every time i try to open a tab it show my school's default tab
- (2020-12-08, v:5.20) Sho Sogo: Installing the extension
I have been using this extension before, but as I have updated my chrome app to the newest version, It seems that it uninstalled it self and can not download it again. I can still install other extensions. I'm hopping that you guys can help me with this. note: I use a 2017 MacBook air that runs on the newest Mac OS.
- (2020-11-29, v:5.20) Christina Li: Question
Can Tab For a Cause work with other extensions?
- (2020-11-27, v:5.20) Aries Bro: installing the extension
I can't seem to install the extension. When I try there is a problem that says "Could not move extension directory into profile.". I have both restarted chrome and my computer but still get that message. I can still install other extensions. Please help me.
- (2020-11-20, v:5.20) Isabella Elizondo Knebel: Money Generated
Hello! Whenever I open a tab, the first thing I see is Ecosia. I've tried looking for the amount of hearts I've generated but I can't find them anymore. Where can I see that information if I want to keep using Ecosia as my search tool?
- (2020-11-09, v:5.20) Kathryn Doyle: I tried to download this extension and it would not complete the download.
I cannot download and install this extension,
- (2020-11-02, v:5.20) JOHAN RVK: bloque
Je suis bloquée par l'administrateur
- (2020-10-20, v:5.20) LatsaSpege: I would love an option to show how much money 1 heart is!
I would love an option to show how much money all the hearts you have is in real money.
- (2020-10-17, v:5.20) Lily R: Have to sign in every time
Since about December 2019 I've had to sign in again every time I open a new window or turn my computer on again. I know other users have had this problem, and I've followed all the steps to deactivate other Chrome extensions and clear cookies. Nothing has helped. What do I do now?
- (2020-10-07, v:5.20) Laura Bridgman: download
it seems this is happening to other users but just today whenever I open a new tab it tries to download a file to my computer. I'll be deleting the extension until this is resolved.
- (2020-10-07, v:5.20) Laik A: download
i just downloaded the extension and every time i open a new tab i get an automatic download, it's a blank file called 'download'. i'm using vivaldi but i haven't had any issues with other chrome extensions before and i saw other users also had the same problem. thank you!
- (2020-10-07, v:5.20) GuyLee 37: Weird download every time i make a new tab
hi. i've been using this extension for years. just today i've started getting a weird download everytime i open a new tab. It's not a file type that i recognise and it's just called download every time. any way to fix this?
- (2020-10-07, v:5.20) Alexa Summers: Automatic Downloads Upon Opening New Tab
When I open a new tab, a file called "download" automatically downloads to my computer. This happens every time I open a new tab when Tab for a Cause is enabled in my Google Chrome Extensions. I have two separate Google accounts each on different computers, and this only started happening on one device/account connect to Tab for a Cause. When I disable the extension, the downloads stop and I can open a new tab with no problem. Why does this keep happening?
- (2020-09-11, v:5.20) Dennis Hill: More Charities
This is a great idea but a lot of people, including myself, would like to donate to a charity focusing on animal conservation or environmental rehabilitation. I suggested this to two people and they both asked if there was a charity they could pledge to that supported animals. A recommendation of mine would be the Born Free Foundation which focuses on stopping animals from being bred for hunting and preserving natural wildlife.
- (2020-08-31, v:5.20) Kavin Thakkar: Problem!
Nothing is loading on my new tab, except for the background image. No features or things to click on at all, just the background image. Please fix! Thank you very much!
- (2020-08-26, v:5.20) Das Malk: Add more organizations please
May you please add Team Rubicon
- (2020-08-16, v:5.20) Ivan Ivanov: problem
i wanna get my money from donation
- (2020-08-16, v:5.20) Ivan Ivanov: payout
hi how i can recieve my earned money from donation??
- (2020-08-05, v:5.20) Mary Tierno: Unable To Log Back In
Hi, I am having trouble getting back into my account. Just yesterday I had to clear all of my cookies for google chrome and that signed me out of all of my accounts. This includes being signed out of tab for a cause. Unfortunately the email that I used when making an account, no longer exists. It was a gmail account and so when it says to sign in with google I can't sign in any more. I really don't want all of the hearts that I've saved to be lost. Is there any way you could change the account's primary email address so that I don't lose my progress?
- (2020-07-20, v:5.20) pikasyu USDF: How do I log in?
I was logged out of tab for cause and search for cause after clearing my caches. Then when requested for username, it says that it is already taken (which is the case because I had used it before). How do I log in, or more importantly, how do I resolve this issue?
- (2020-07-07, v:5.20) Amanda Rob: Keeping Tabs Active
I had tabs active and have found that its still installed but its annoyingly no longer active as my tabs open. How do I get it to work without uninstalling and reinstalling it?
- (2020-07-02, v:5.20) Thomas: A dark mode option
Hello, love your extension. My sugestion is an option that replaces the short-lived completely white screen, with a black one. The white flash appers before my chosen bagground image appears, on all new tabs.
- (2020-06-25, v:5.20) That Guy: Ads not showing up
Hello! This sin't exactly a problem for me, but the homepage is not showing me any ads. I am still getting hearts but I'm not sure if its helping charity and I would like to recieve ads. I have all my adblockers disabled for the homepage but there still aren't ads.
- (2020-06-22, v:5.20) Nzingha J: The ability to change fonts + easier bookmark addition
Hello! I'd just like to suggest the ability to change the font used for the clock and date, and a way for us to import bookmarks we've already added to our browser (without needing to type them in manually). Thank you for your work on this extension and with charities!
- (2020-06-16, v:5.20) Chris: Poblom
When I opend chrome again the extension did not work my tabs were diffrent hwo do I open it again, (Man i'm stupid)
- (2020-06-16, v:5.20) Katelynn Craft: Not seeing the monthly charity
Hi, I got a pop up to donate to the NAACP when I first installed the extension but I did not have any hearts. I would like to donate more hearts but I do not see it (I am assuming it is the monthly charity). Where/how do I find the option to donate to them again?
- (2020-06-15, v:5.20) Paul H: Max hearts
when I donated 23 hearts it should not be maximum anymore but it is and I cant give hearts.
- (2020-06-15, v:5.20) Samuelinox 2808: I collegamenti
Una funzione che uso molto su chrome sono i collegamenti al centro, assenti in Tab for a cause. Sarebbe una bella aggiunta per rendere l'esperienza più vicina a quella di chrome possibile
- (2020-06-14, v:5.20) daegancatt _: i love tab for a cause but i don't want to lose the normal google
what if there was a setting where the menu is not on the normal google tab but instead a button that you can click to go to the menu.
- (2020-06-13, v:5.20) Miguel Ángel Vargas García: Suddenly not showing up when opening new tabs.
Last time i was on my computer it used to work, about 2 or 3 days ago, now chrome shows the default new tab page, i didn't do any changes in chrome.
- (2020-06-07, v:5.20) Nick Papadopoulos: Change username
Hello, I have accidentally created the wrong username for my account. Is there a way to change this? Thank you.