Raise money for charity with every browser tab you open!
- (2022-11-07) Oliver Chan: It doesn't even let me sign in—I tried but the sign-in site just turned blank. Can't be used.
- (2022-10-10) Shiqi: Please make it support opera!!
- (2022-10-10) Libby Williams: This extension is great but PLEASE make it available on firefox browsers too
- (2022-08-27) Parth Rao: Such a simple and easy way to earn money for charity! Everyone should have this extension installed. I love the way we get to customize our tab background! It is just perfect
- (2022-08-04) Jacbo: In addition to supporting charity, the new homepage has beautiful full screen background images that are always changing. I would use this just for that homepage alone. I also like that it plays nice with AdBlock+ without having to whitelist the site, as in the ads still show and earn money even without whitelisting the site to allow ads.
- (2022-08-03) Marti Encinaa: Es muy buena! me funciona muy bien ( por ahora ) y es una gran iniciativa y intención. La recomendaré It's great! it works very good for my ( by now ) and it's a sweet initiative and intention. I'll recommend it
- (2022-07-21) Sherolyn Smith: I thought this was a great idea, however, I can not find the charities that I was told to pick from. I'm deleting it. Not user friendly.
- (2022-07-19) Atlas Downs: this would be so perfect, a very useful and great idea, if it didn't log me out every single day.
- (2022-07-15) Cordelia Johnston (Cordy): Everything about it is amazing! I definitely recommend! ❤❤
- (2022-07-05) Dan Valentine: There is no way to tell if this extension is actually earning any money from my using it. The newtab page loads from their website and the ads load from it. I usually navigate away from new tabs long before all that loads, so the ads don't actually display.
- (2022-06-26) Lachlan McLean: Not sure how you can make money just by opening tabs but would recommend if it truly does send money to charity!
- (2022-06-22) redrumthebum: great for libs who love individual responsibility and what not
- (2022-06-05) Scarlet Moon: I like the idea of it, but unfortunately I couldn't make it work with Ecosia like I can make Chrome work with Ecosia. With Chrome, I can just make Ecosia my primary search engine rather than Google and can just have it active in the background when I need to search up something. And I thought it would just register the tabs I open, rather than having to change my tab screen entirely. I can't even access the tabs I regularly use if I use Tabs for a Cause and that's a little sad since I open a lot of tabs on a daily basis. And these tabs I open and close almost hourly multiple times a day. It wouldn't be such a huge problem if I wasn't homeschooled, but I don't want to have to type in what I need every time I need it when I already have the frequent tabs for it on the tab screen I already use.
- (2022-05-22) Jeroen: great idea the only reason i almost instantly disabled it is because it removes the favorites bar in chrome
- (2022-05-06) Sujatha Sattigari: im late to this trend... https://tab.gladly.io/?u=Mr.Beast6000 pls :D
- (2022-05-04) NODIRBEK: Very interesting concept to raise money
- (2022-04-26) Dominick Chew Xu En (Bukitviewss): Love it.
- (2022-04-20) Thomas Edison: Way to many trackers!
- (2022-04-19) Makenzie Irvin: me as soon as i get this *OPENS 50MIL TABS*
- (2022-04-11) Aditya Jain: It is basically saving the world by watching cat videos
- (2022-03-29) -ItzKaylie-: It's amazing but kind of wish I had google, and i wish you could change the background but it's fine!
- (2022-03-23) ? mintyrainx ?: normally really good i love it but - CREATORS READ - when i click on a link from google often it will take me to yahoo.com and automaticlly have what i just searched up their. pls fix otherwise really great extention 10/10
- (2022-03-02) Li-Anne Sim: Wish more people got on board! I know if universities advertised this to their students, money going to charity might double every time during finals period!
- (2022-02-23) Macky F.S.: Great! Looks good, easy to use and you keep all your bookmarks! One tiny problem is that when you open a tab and immediately type in the search bar before the page has loaded it will delete your text when it loads. But! this rarely happens, and I would definitely recommend.
- (2022-02-04) Tyler Espinola: Just having this extension can help anything on earth
- (2022-01-21) Computer Chan: It was alright, but whenever I open a page in a new tab via right click or when the site automatically opens a new tab, it doesn't give me a heart for some reason. Other than that, it's pretty nice.
- (2022-01-19) Lucas Nelson-Madore: Great!
- (2022-01-14) star guy: its a great extension just that i would like there to have shortcuts like normal google search thing
- (2022-01-12) Szonja Keri: We need more of these. It is such an easy way to do a good thing. Using computers and internet is not good for you or the environment but you can at least try to bring the best out of it. I loved the fact that Ecoasia (the search engine) I am using was a possibility to choose.
- (2022-01-05) Mạnh Đức Đinh: very nice stuff in that
- (2021-12-05) joshua: its amazing but sometimes it gets a little inconvenient at times because it logs me out then i have to log in again and stuff. still love it though
- (2021-12-02) Bentley100 Studios: This is actually legit and really cool. I suggest it.
- (2021-10-20) Adrija Pandey: It would be 5 stars if there was an option to choose your country. I mean I like this raising money and everything the only problem is that I want to find an easy way to donate money to organisations in India which I can't do. Pls add Indian organisations as well else it's cool
- (2021-10-17) Sydney G: I absolutely love Tab For a Cause!! I love the generated webpage (with the nice background, place for a to-do list, and of course you can see how much money is being donated!) and really enjoy that my penchant for using waaaaay too many tabs is helping donate to charity! However, I'm switching to Firefox as my default browser and I'm really bummed that I can't download the extension there--I'm hoping that it'll get added there eventually because it's really the only downside I can see of switching browsers.
- (2021-09-22) KadePlayz: Awesome extension! The only thing that I hope you add is an ability to change the amount of ads you get per new tab to help earn hearts faster. You could have 1 ad and earn 1 heart every tab or you could have 10 and earn 10 hearts per tab. I hope you add this in an update, thanks!
- (2021-09-01) Amadou Bass: Great extension my only complaint is that its limited to chrome and edge, it would help a lot more people if this was widen to include more browsers in the future.
- (2021-08-28) Blue Bird: -YAY! -A good cause doesn't try to fight with my "Ecosia Search Engine", it tells the time AND the weekday/date! (those are adjustable, open a new tab go to your right hand side press the three dots stacked up together and you can adjust not only your time widgets but also your search engine) -I love how you only need 6 hearts to donate! :D! 350 hearts just for inviting a friend! It has levels which gives me motivation....to open tabs! -They also have a tab thing for shelter cats but I dont know much about it! -SIMPLE but nice! You can also change your background from random daily pics to a color or one of your own. (RIGHT HAND SIDE three dots stacked on each other then go to background and choose what you like.) -In conclusion I LOVE THIS!
- (2021-08-27) Sim K: as someone that constantly has at least 50 tabs open i'm about to raise 'tabs for a cause' thousands lol
- (2021-08-08) Lochlann Niddrie: Making a change in the world for good
- (2021-08-07) Paradox: its better then the old new tab that google gives us, plus, we can donate to charity! thats the best part!
- (2021-07-29) Eka Ng: Was great until it started to logged me out sometimes, i don't know the cause . . . but it's also really slow my browser searching, i copy paste a link, press enter . . . 5 mins later . . . i only encounter the Tab for a cause page, and i forgot what was i copy paste-ed before . . . i've donated 1600-ish hearts, but for my productivity, i'll remove this until it got update that fix that 2 problem
- (2021-07-13) Jeel Chaniyara: It's a pretty nifty extension, and does what it says. Ask for a new feature: I only wish I could find out how many hearts I donated to each charity. I care about almost all the causes and would wish to have a equal distribution for each of them. This should not be too difficult to add.
- (2021-07-11) Zachary Mk: Easiest way to raise money! Great :)
- (2021-07-08) Sprig: I think this is a great extension, and the people behind it are truly doing a wonderful thing! One issue I have is that it doesn't seem to register the character "&". When you try to look up any phrase with "&" in it, anything after the character is also not registered in the search, so it only looks for terms before it. Honestly, that's just a nitpick though, and it doesn't really make searching any harder. Overall, great job!
- (2021-07-08) bleiv: Não são claros com quanto da renda dos anúncios é enviada pra caridade e quanto fica com quem gerencia o aplicativo. Metade? Um décimo? Um centésimo? Só dizem "uma porção será enviada". Programas que lidam com caridade devem ser abertos e claros com o que fazem. English: It's not clear how much of the ad revenue goes to charity and how much stays with whoever manages the app. A half? A tenth? One hundredth? They just say "a portion will be sent". Programs that deal with charity must be open and clear about what they do.
- (2021-07-07) Sanket: It is a very good extension. I love it . I used it for some time but the thing is I can't sacrifice bookmarks bar on new tab page in chrome. Hope the devs understand this and find some solution.
- (2021-07-01) Nik Edwards: Tab for a Cause still pops up when I open chrome, even after I removed it and deleted my account.
- (2021-06-30) Jay Kinsley: five stars for concept, goal, and execution. wasn't working for me at first (blank white screen), but just needed a minute and a couple new tabs to warm up i guess
- (2021-06-30) Jan Reyes: It's really cool and pretty fun, raises money etc. until it stops working and just turns into a white screen.
- (2021-06-28) Anthony: It's a browser hijacker, but a good browser hijacker that goes for a good cause.
- (2022-11-22, v:6.1) Jon Hanson: long time user signing off
Hey, I have used tabs for a cause for years, but now it wont work for me any more. it stopped working and when I try to uninstall and reinstall it says that it cant get to the directory file or something like that. Cool, I will just witch to search for a cause... not, it forces me to use Yahoo search, even though this is a Google Chrome extension. It is getting too buggy and im not enjoying it any more
- (2022-11-18, v:6.1) Michelle Larsen: Cannot access website.
When I open a new tab, I used to get a fun and cute photo of a cat. Now it tells me it cannot access the website because it is either down or has moved to a new address. This is the address that comes up in the box - https://tab.gladly.io/newtab/ Any ideas??
- (2022-08-07, v:6.0) Cassie Beebe: How to browse/choose a charity?
I found this through a FB ad. The ad was for helping shelter cats, so when I added the extension, it automatically made me support the shelter cats. Which is fine, but I was hoping I would be able to see all the charity options available and choose whichever one I wanted. I've been going back and forth between all of your different website pages, searching everywhere for this kind of option, and I can't see any way to change the charity you're supporting. Is there a way to do that? If so, where?
- (2022-05-21, v:6.0) Jason David: Is there an application?
Is there a way to add other charities and non-profits? I'm a fan of Tab for a Cause and how easy it is to raise funds, but I'd like to support the Maui Comic Con if at all possible. They put on a free to the public event every year and they could use the support. Thanks in advance for any info on this.
- (2022-05-03, v:6.0) T Cox: Not Safe
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tab-for-a-cause/gibkoahgjfhphbmeiphbcnhehbfdlcgo?hl=en&gl=US This site seems like your in-betting code on my computer
- (2022-04-28, v:6.0) Victor: cant change background image
I cant find out how to change the background
- (2022-04-11, v:6.0) Karina Karlechuk: Ads
Hi, do you use Google AdSense to place the ads?
- (2022-03-31, v:6.0) A McCrea: use of adds
Can you garantee all your adds are driveby malware free?
- (2022-03-23, v:6.0) Paul May: Can't log in
I had to delete my cookies on my browser, which logged me out of Tab for a Cause. I have been trying to log back in, but my only option is to make a new account, not log in to an existing one. I've had this issue before, with your website being super hard to log into, but I don't remember how I solved it before. Please help!
- (2022-03-22, v:6.0) Luke Fernandez: Opera Support?
Hello, I've recently migrated to Opera GX and was sad to see that your wonderful extension did not work even with Chrome integration. Are you planning on making a variant of this for the Opera Addons store?
- (2022-03-12, v:6.0) Laia Galán Figarola: No ads?
Hi, I've been using this extension for a couple hours now but I noticed there's supposed to be ads, right? They don't show up and I can't watch a video to earn a hundred hearts. I don't know why exactly. Maybe it has to do with me not being in an english speaking country, I'm not sure.
- (2022-03-11, v:6.0) Jan Sheldrick: What happened to Tab for Ukraine on Chrome?
I was using this successfully until my computer automatically updated Windows 11 and restarted. Tab for Ukraine disappeared and although I've reinstalled several times I only ever get a new tab page with an option to earn 100 hearts by watching a video, which is not functional yet.
- (2022-03-09, v:6.0) jesse garver: Privacy Practices
Why does Tab for a Cause collect PII and Authentication Information?
- (2022-02-28, v:6.0) Bruce Hetherington: add a charity
how do i add a charity that i would like to support?
- (2022-02-08, v:6.0) Suzanne Emry: Choosing a charity
Hello, I was hoping to see which charities I could chose from without adding it but didn't. So I added it to see which charities I could choose from figuring that I could remove it if no charities I like were available. I still don't see how to choose a charity. If I don't receive an answer in 48 hours I will remove it. I am deeply concerned about unwillingly supporting a charity that does things that go against my values.
- (2022-01-21, v:6.0) Jess Frey: Chrome extension but not compatible with Chromebooks?
This is kind of silly to have a program for browsers with multiple tabs but then you don't allow it to be used on a Chromebook, where most people would be using a browser. We use apps on our phones, we're not sitting in a browser with tabs open on a phone or tablet, we do these things on a laptop which handles tabs better and can be seen all at once, places we do a lot of work and tasks all at once. So what is the point of it not being available on Chromebook, the most used device with Chrome? It just doesn't make sense.
- (2022-01-04, v:6.0) Steve McLaughlin: Address bar functionality
I love the concept and am happy to use the add-on. However, I do find it annoying that the cursor focus is left at the end of the address of the TfaC site when my new tab has loaded. Without the add-on running, I can click to open a new tab and immediately start typing the address or search term I am interested in. This is a natural habit developed over years of browsing in any browser or operating system. With TfaC running, however, this results in me entering addresses like "https://tab.gladly.io/newtab/pasta recipe" which obviously go nowhere and are frustrating to correct over and over. Can the add-on be made to either empty the address bar once the TfaC page is loaded, or otherwise restore the normal browsing behavior? This would eliminate my only frustration with the add-on.
- (2021-11-20, v:6.0) Tristan Ketelboeter: Does using Tabs For A Cause Cost Anything?
Does using Tabs For A Cause Cost Anything?
- (2021-11-10, v:6.0) Michele Schmitz: Constant loading screen
Hi there. I absolutely love this extension. However, I am a little bit frustrated due to the fact that it won't load. It just shows a constant loading screen.
- (2021-11-03, v:6.0) Judy M: multiple pop up ads after signing in
multiple pop up ads after signing in
- (2021-11-03, v:6.0) Ash Mariko: Got a new computer, got logged out and can't remember password
As the subject says, I got a new computer and moved everything over, but I got logged out and now I can't remember the password for my account. When I try to recover my password with an email, the email never appears in my inbox. I've had it sent multiple times and never received any of them. And I can't test it with another email since when I try to use a different account it says the email isn't recognized.
- (2021-11-02, v:6.0) Jan Sheldrick: Tab for teamseas
A couple of days ago I added Tab for teamseas to my Chrome browser - I was previously using the standard Tab for a cause extension. At first it worked fine, but when I opened Chrome again the next day it had reverted to the standard Tab for a cause. I'm disappointed because I wanted to support #teamseas while the campaign is going on. Any ideas?
- (2021-10-30, v:6.0) Luna Seifert: Ad Count
I do like this and have been using it for a while now, but if there was one thing I would hope for it would be for the option to choose how many ads are on the tab at once so I could add a few more.
- (2021-10-21, v:6.0) Gulfam Gul: Backgrounds not working properly
Since a few days my backgrounds in a new tab won't be shown. Instead there ist just a white background. Sometimes when opening a new tab I see the actual background image flashing up, but its quickly gone again.
- (2021-09-30, v:6.0) Luke Lancaster: Can't Log in
Okay, so I was just logged out of the browser extension via clearing my cache, but when I tried to log back in, I accidentally clicked the 'Sign In' option. Now it seems like I'm locked into creating a new account and can't go back to log in to my existing account.
- (2021-09-16, v:6.0) C Moore: how do you change your email account for verification purposes
need to change my email address because I'm having trouble accessing my old account
- (2021-08-30, v:6.0) MrSomeonesbody: Avast detects a phishing link when logging in.
Upon attempting to log in in a new tab, Avast blocks the connection to tabs-for-a-cause.firebaseapp.com , claiming it to be a phishing website. Here is an image of the warning. https://i.redd.it/cvxjz2kf9hk71.png
- (2021-08-18, v:6.0) Meg Meg: Tab for a Cause not working-
Hello! I've used Tab For A Cause for years! I like collecting the tabs into the thousands then donating them all at once. Today I restarted my laptop and opened Chrome and saw that I had been logged out of my account. I tried logging back in with every email I know I have but I still can't seem to get in. I'm pretty disappointed considering how many tabs I had saved up and how long i've had this particular account. I think the issue may be my google account. I've always used the same google account but now when I log into it, it logged me to an account that already exists but isn't the one i've been using for the past few years. Still my account, just not one that I want. I think the issue may be that my google account email is linked to 2 separate Tab accounts but its logging me into the wrong one. I was wondering if there's anything that can be done about this? I know its silly but I tend to get attached to digital accounts, so I'm pretty disappointed to see this one lost. Thanks a bunch, Meghan S.
- (2021-08-08, v:6.0) Chi: Tab for a Cause not working with Multiple Accounts
Hello I'm using Google Chrome and have two accounts with it. One account 1 (this one), I have installed the application with no problems. With account 2, I see the icon for "Tab for a Cause" in my toolbar... and when I try to go install it, I see the message that it's already been installed (while I'm looking around in my 2nd account). The problem is, whenever I open up a new tab in my 2 account, I get the google search engine. I do not have this issue when using my 1 account. I'm not sure what is going on... if it's something I need to do on my end or if it's a glitch. Please help, Thank you.
- (2021-08-07, v:6.0) Whittney Mikkél Cloud: Cat photos MIA?
I'm definitely using Tabs for Cats, but my background images have suddenly become nature photos instead of cute cats :/ Don't get me wrong, I love nature but ... cats ...
- (2021-07-05, v:6.0) Noah Hourigan: URL bar
With a recent update every time I open a new tab the url bar contains "https://tab.gladly.io/newtab/" which is annoying as I often forget to remove it before searching something. It would be good if you could revert whatever is causing this.
- (2021-06-18, v:6.0) I Dislike Eating Chicken: shortcuts
it is really good but I still need my shortcuts so can you guys make it have shortcuts, it will be a nice cherry on top a humongus and delicious cake that I know you amazing people are trying your hardest to make it but please I need to quickly get to my google meet and classroom (after watching some youtube videos just in the nick of time before my class starts ;) )
- (2021-06-17, v:6.0) Henry Warren: yes
this is so cool i got this from a yt vid i hope a lot of ppl do this stuff
- (2021-05-17, v:6.0) Ikiratuki: Password
I would like the option to change my password
- (2021-05-09, v:6.0) Camille Hanyo: Cant reinstall Tab for a Cause
Hi, I dont know if Im the only one with this issue, but I am currently unable to reinstall Tab for a Cause. I get the following error message: Could not move extension directory into profile. I've been using Tab for a Cause for Years now and Im not sure how it got uninstalled in the first place. Please let me know.
- (2021-05-06, v:6.0) Heather Harrison: Tab for cats not adding
Hi, I'm trying to access the 'tab for cats' version of this but can't seem to find that particular charity on chrome? Every time the page just takes me to the regular tab for a cause - how can I make sure I support the kitties?
- (2021-05-03, v:6.0) Vina Campbell: Bookmarks showing up per screenshot
Does this extension still function as per the screenshots, specifically does it include bookmark links in the top left (or anywhere on the page) as seen in screenshot #2? When I open a new tab, I see Feedback in the top left, then in the top right the invite friends icon, the counter, money raised, and the gear settings icon.
- (2021-03-30, v:5.20) Gui Harrison: Downloading "px" file
Hi! I'm not the only one going through this I think, but a "px" file is frequently being downloaded on my Chrome, over my windows machines (haven't tested on other OS's though). Otherwise I just absolute love this app and everything it stands for. DFTBA!
- (2021-02-25, v:5.20) levi: ability to change accent color
hello, i adore this browser extension. i feel like i can make a change in the world just by opening some tabs. i know the main feature is the charity aspect, but i also really enjoy the customization options. just a little suggestion here, though: maybe have somewhere in the settings and option to change the accent color (the color the bookmark icon and the bookmarks label are on the homescreen)? by default it's lavender, it looks ok but it doesn't really match the whole theme i've got going on. it's not really that huge of an issue considering the aim of the extension isn't centered entirely around aesthetics, this is merely just a little QoL change that i think would be neat.
- (2021-02-05, v:5.20) Alexis Rabinovich Orlandi: It logs me out automatically
I've been using TabForACause for over a year now and never had this or any other problem. A couple of days ago, when I opened a new tab it automatically logged me out and prompted me to the log in page. I logged in with my google account (as it is my only account in TabForACause). Every hour or so, if I open a new tab it logs me out again. It's pretty frustrating and It totally defeats the purpouse of using TabForACause. If you need any more details be sure to contact me. Thanks and keep it up!
- (2021-01-10, v:5.20) Maxime Bedez: Log in
Can not log in on my computer. The pop up does not load the log in page. I already tried deactivating ad-blocker, changing cookies settings... Nothing works.
- (2021-01-09, v:5.20) Robin Rogge: How do I sign out / sign into a different account?
I recently switched computers, now it always asks me to enter my Username, however when I do, it tells me the username already exists. I don't want to create a new account, I want to continue using my old one. I might have authenticated with the wrong Google account on re-install, but I can't figure out how to sign out and back in again to try another...
- (2021-01-08, v:5.20) MadE: No Ads
Sadly no ads show up when I open a new tab. Everything else works fine. I already tried deactivating all potential ad-blockers but nothing changed.
- (2020-12-11, v:5.20) Blackbird: Tab wont show up
How do I get the tab to show up because every time i try to open a tab it show my school's default tab
- (2020-12-08, v:5.20) Sho Sogo: Installing the extension
I have been using this extension before, but as I have updated my chrome app to the newest version, It seems that it uninstalled it self and can not download it again. I can still install other extensions. I'm hopping that you guys can help me with this. note: I use a 2017 MacBook air that runs on the newest Mac OS.
- (2020-11-29, v:5.20) Christina Li: Question
Can Tab For a Cause work with other extensions?
- (2020-11-27, v:5.20) Aries Bro: installing the extension
I can't seem to install the extension. When I try there is a problem that says "Could not move extension directory into profile.". I have both restarted chrome and my computer but still get that message. I can still install other extensions. Please help me.
- (2020-11-20, v:5.20) Isabella Elizondo Knebel: Money Generated
Hello! Whenever I open a tab, the first thing I see is Ecosia. I've tried looking for the amount of hearts I've generated but I can't find them anymore. Where can I see that information if I want to keep using Ecosia as my search tool?
- (2020-11-09, v:5.20) Kathryn Doyle: I tried to download this extension and it would not complete the download.
I cannot download and install this extension,
- (2020-11-02, v:5.20) JOHAN RVK: bloque
Je suis bloquée par l'administrateur