A new vocabulary word and its definition in your browser tabs
Learn new words every day as you browse! Build your vocabulary each time you open a new tab in Chrome. Use this Chrome extension to build your vocabulary, to study for an upcoming exam, or just for fun! Words come from Magoosh's list of the 1000 most important GRE words. Magoosh helps students study with effective, affordable, and enjoyable prep for the GRE, GMAT, SAT, ACT, and TOEFL. Check us out at www.magoosh.com.
- (2020-03-03) Ryan Millner: cool idea, but you can't customize what words show up, can't save words, can't add your own words, etc. very similar extension but better as it has these improvements: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/logophile/bkoeglnnidiebhahjmlodfakgfnhekmm
- (2020-01-20) Maruliana Sitanggang: Tq for creating this
- (2020-01-19) Varun S Nair: The extension is awesome! More than 90% of the words are new for me, & provide a great learning experience. I have 2 suggestions: 1) Some means to pin or store the words. Could integrate with Pinterest, maybe? :) 2) Some means to search words as well. I read a lot of articles online, so that would be a great help.
- (2019-11-15) Pranava Swaroopa: I can't say for sure it helped, but I'm actually more appreciative of this extension. Since I have great experience from Magoosh GRE, this felt excellent.
- (2019-11-01) Trung Vu: Sir, please add to support Vietnamese and add a pronunciation for word when opening a new tab
- (2019-10-20) Md Ayat Ullah: Awesome in a word
- (2019-08-14) Daniel A. Nichols: great! but why does it take away the bookmarks? other than that it is awesome, but that takes away from its utility by disrupting the workflow.
- (2019-07-03) Biswajit Nath: Awesome extension
- (2019-06-28) natalie: I love this!
- (2019-05-30) Ravinder Singh: Is there any way to change words after 4-5 hours?
- (2019-03-20) Enrique Agüeros: Is not bad but it is too slow. Most of the times when word charges I already hit enter for new website making impossible to read it. if I click back, new world appears and old is no longer available.
- (2019-03-14) Nothing happens when you turn on the application. Is it working?
- (2019-03-12) YouExpresso: Hello respected ma'am/sir, I would like to thank you very much for this extension from chrome. I am improving my English vocabulary. Here are 2 suggestions as improvement if you want to work on it: 1. There must be an option for users like me who are slow learners inwhich they can choose to limit how many words they want to learn per day. 2. There must be phonetic transcription in written of each word. Regards, Dharmendra Chowdhary Mob: +917877205648 email: [email protected]
- (2019-03-12) Any way to change difficulty level?
- (2019-01-15) Aurelija Mockevičiūtė: Love it, yet would be cool if there was a way to store the words you like or find important somewhere. Now I copy some to my notes.
- (2018-08-25) Cale Chips: It needs a dark mode. That white light is blinding on a 70" display.
- (2018-08-07) Akhil Kumar: need some customisation facilities like to 1] save some words for future revision 2] No.of words per day according to choice
- (2018-07-30) Lwin Moe: If i can save some words on somewhere,Its will be perfect. Because sometime i want to look back the word I have already seen but I cant look back.
- (2018-07-11) Brian Quach: Can you enable an option that cycles words less frequently? Maybe a word a day, or word a week? Too many definitions right now, it's not allowing me time to use these words and remember them.
- (2018-05-28) Shekhar Srivastav: best app ever to learn new words it never fails to learn you two or three words in a day. even if you can not remeber it at least the word has come in your acknowledgement. best such extension.
- (2018-04-29) Anirban Dutta Ankan: Really helpful for vocabulary. Audio is not playing instantly after pressing play button. Is this lagging from chrome ?
- (2018-04-13) Ann Johnson: Doesn't work. Clicking on the icon just sends me back to the Chrome store.
- (2018-02-23) Khosro Neyestani: A great solution for learning English, however my eyes are a bit sensitive to bright lights. it would be great if dear developers could add a dark theme for the extension.
- (2017-11-19) Thi Dang: very useful & updating. I've learnt a lot thanks to this app. everyone should use this in your GMAT journey! Thanks Magoosh!!
- (2017-11-18) Greeshma Sasikumar: Really good to improve your vocab!
- (2018-08-11, v:2.1.1) AmirHossein Mostafavi: icon is off
How does it works?!
- (2018-06-17, v:2.1.1) Pronunciation
The pronunciation is off for many of the words I've seen.
- (2018-04-19, v:2.1.1) Colin Kimball: Memory
The word should be repeated for a certain number of new tabs. For example, keep the same word for every 7 new tabs opened. Thanks.
- (2018-04-11, v:2.1.1) RAJA KUMAR CHOUDHARY: account
- (2018-03-18, v:2.1.1) Not working
Installed the extension successfully but the icon is grey and clicking on it leads me back to the chrome store. Is this a bug? Or is there a fix around this?
- (2018-02-21, v:2.1.1) Debasish Chowdhury: black background
Please add a black background so that its easier on the eyes.
- (2017-11-16, v:2.1.1) Emily Saunders: Installed in Chrome but...
...when I click on the icon in the bookmark bar, it just brings me to the install page. How do I get the extension to work?
- (2017-11-06, v:2.1.1) Ankit Dangi: History?
Can I see the history of all the words shown to me on my Chrome browser?
- (2017-11-02, v:2.1.1) Jignesh Panchal: No Working
I added the extension but its not working
- (2017-10-06, v:2.1.1) raj nikjar: bring to edge
bring this to edge broswer too