Expands the YouTube Video to fill your entire web browser Window.
The Window Expander for YouTube maximizes YouTube videos in the web browser eliminating all white space and other texts. This is different then the fullscreen button in that it does not change the size of the actual browser window, it just fills the window with video. This is particularly useful for multiple monitor setups. Version 2.3 adds support for HTML5. Note, the features such as setting resolution currently do not work with HTML5 videos; however, expanding and minimizing does work. Version 2.2 removes a popup when the resolution of the video could not be found. Its a result of my debugging a previous problem. Version 2.1 added support for https. Version 2.0 fixed the quality not being set properly on expanded windows bug. Version 1.7 new features: you can now set a preferred quality level for YouTube Videos. The options include small, medium, large, 720p, and 1080p.
- (2018-06-06) MrPdub247: Was great until i noticed the adverts popping up when pausing videos. Location of the banner makes it inconvenient
- (2018-03-06) Jacob Hamilton: Was looking for a way to resize youtube so i could have reference videos playing in a corner while working with several other files. This essentially turns the youtube tab into a screen with no white space, which gets it done for me.
- (2017-10-16) Ian McRae: Expands the video by the height making videos cut off at the sides in a square window.
- (2017-10-11) Andreas Alteweyer: Klappt ganz Gut nur Beenden kann man den Expander nicht mehr. Null Reaktion eine App die nur Halb Funktioniert kann ich Leider nicht Brauchen. Man Sollte das Vollbild auch wieder Schließen können aber nix geht hier. Weder ESC noch sonst etwas. Unbrauchbar
- (2017-08-13) Dova Kain: Just want I was looking for man, awesome!
- (2017-04-12) Nico Hofeditz: Just works. What's more to say. :)
- (2017-02-23) Adam Short: somehow has disabled autoplay despite auto pause on startup being set to no
- (2017-01-31) ابوالذهب Alex: رائع
- (2016-12-24) Gabriel Soria: Awesome if you have a large 4K monitor, drop the windows into a corner and watch Full 1080p YouTube no problem. Thanks!
- (2016-12-02) Radley Sustaire: I hoped this would enhance the "theater mode" which doesn't get large enough. It opens a new page that only has the video instead. This means you can't use it with a playlist. No good!
- (2016-11-16) Salim Mahboubi: Delivered what it promises. Clean and simple.
- (2016-10-12) Christopher Williams: Quick, easy, and exactly what I needed. Window Expander for YouTube makes videos I'm watching in my browser look great at *almost* full screen size, but now I can quickly switch between tabs while simultaneously playing a video without having to exit and re-enter YouTube's full-screen mode all of the time. Thanks Conzar.
- (2016-07-21) Mia WallaceB52: Pas mal ,fait le job comme écrit mdr je vais tester plus longuement;donc ceux chez qui ça ne FONCTIONNE pas^^j'imagine l'état du matos mdr/Simple,fonctionnel tel que décrit #jdcjdr...Bcp d'applis windows pour CSS !Merci pour cette extension ,je repasserai pour 1 étoile de plus après essai clinique 😉😆☺
- (2016-06-25) evan ricci: Simple works well.
- (2016-06-16) nilay modi: Its works perfectly, Thx for tool, it could be even better IF it also works with other websites that embed Youtube videos. Plz add that feature in next update.
- (2016-05-30) Phil Fernandez: No work
- (2016-03-18) Dmitry Matveev: Works great! Adds the one feature that I always wished youtube would have out of the box.
- (2016-03-03) MetallicMedium: Brilliant programming! Makes for clean easily customizable video play. I like how it just fills the browser window however I size it. Thank you for this!
- (2016-03-02) Andrei Dedkovsky: обратно не сворачивает
- (2016-01-08) Nedula: It expands the video like it says but wish for the sake of play lists it could continue to the next video or have the option to skip to the next video when you're watching off of a playlist.
- (2016-01-04) Wes Alm: Would love a feature that reduces the window back to normal. Would also be great if expanding, or reducing the window maintained the same position on the playhead. Keep up the good work!
- (2015-11-18) Roland: All this plugin does is put the player in "embedded" mode. This is equivalent to converting this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9kYAEyVjEY Into this: https://www.youtube.com/v/p9kYAEyVjEY It does what it's supposed to, but adds no real functionality. Useful script but I was looking for a CSS solution that would work within a normal youtube page because the videos I'm trying to watch have embedded mode disabled by the content owner.
- (2015-10-29) It's Ok To Be White!: doesn't do anything lol, Uninstalling.
- (2015-09-27) KasonHendersonVlogsAndGaming: ITS ALREADY A THING IT REMOVES IT
- (2015-08-11) real sabab: no use of this
- (2020-03-12, v:2.3) MI UK: Default mode in Youtube
Hi, your YT expander is great, well done and keep up the good work! It'll save much time and be even more valuable if there was option to automatically expand when video plays. Manually expanding is bad feature. Thanks.
- (2017-11-10, v:2.3) Like button
It would be awesome to be able to like a video while in expanded mode! this would be the same request as the one asking for a un-expand button cause this would get you back to normal view and you could simply click like there.
- (2017-01-19, v:2.3) Tobias Åström: Stopped working
The icon doesn't light up anymore when entering a youtube page.
- (2016-11-16, v:2.3) Josué Ausejo: Can't contract window
Hi, i can expand the video but then i cant go back to the previous size, button doesn't work. Thanks
- (2016-11-09, v:2.3) expanded view
how can i undue expanded view
- (2016-10-22, v:2.3) Eyal Herlin: Required permissions
Why do you need "browsing history" permission?
- (2016-08-18, v:2.3) Partnership Offer
Hello! I represent the company EXT.GURU. I have reviewed your extension, and I would like to invite you to work with our company. I have analyzed, that your extension "Window Expander For YouTube" can bring you a guaranteed high income. You can get the maximum profit with our automatic service for monetizing browser extensions, while our advertising is not annoying or malicious, and does not prevent the extension of functionality. Our system optimizes traffic from around the world. We provide coordination of all the nuances and suggestions of webmasters. Payments are carried out upon request during one hour at a convenient system to you. We would also like to note that our system does not interfere with other systems of monetization, you can plug in our program as an additional method to generate an income. If you have any other extensions, we can discuss. We look forward to collaborating. Sincerely EXT.GURU team. Contacts ICQ: 654784658 Jabber: [email protected] Skype: extguru [email protected] email: [email protected]
- (2016-05-30, v:2.3) Miramar International Marketplace: Contract and Playlist Support
How do you make the video contract to its original, non-expanded size? Pressing the expander button again does not fix it, and pressing the fullscreen button only makes it fullscreen and back to expanded. How do you make it work with playlists? It doesn't allow me to move to the next video in a playlist. Thanks!
- (2016-04-28, v:2.3) Okinawa Cairo: Playlist support
Playlist support would make this fantastic and infinitely more usable for me. Thanks for considering.
- (2016-04-26, v:2.3) Dmitrii Nuzhin: Business proposal
Hello! I'm interested in your chrome extension . I want to buy it with the transfer of your google account or without it which means the transfer of the chrome extension in my account. I propose the price 2 100 $.We can bargain if your users are active. e-mail:[email protected] Dmitrii
- (2016-01-04, v:2.3) Zhanna Luchezarova: Extension buyout
Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "Window Expander For YouTube" for a very good price. Please contact me at: [email protected]