A powerful media player built on top of the video.js project with speed control
"Media Player" is a browser extension to play music and video files either locally or from an online source. This project aims to bring VLC like media player using HTML5 technology. The add-on is built on top of the well-known video.js project by applying a few custom plug-ins to enhance the user experience. You can start watching an offline video file by drag and drop the video file into the player or by pressing the big play button. To have the player load subtitle as well, make sure to drop both video and subtitle files together (The dropped subtitle should have the same name as the file and needs to be in SRT or VTT format). You can use your keyboard to control the following playback options: 1. "F" key: This will toggle the fullscreen mode on and off 2. "Space" key: This will toggle the playing state of the player 3. "Key Up" and "key Down": These keys can be used to increase or decrease volume. 4. "Key Left" and "Key Right": These keys can be used to seek backward and forward for 10 seconds. Mouse wheel can also be used to increase or decrease the volume. Change Log: 0.1.2: 1. Media Player now supports history (it will save the current track position and retrieves it after a restart) 2. Media player now supports global keyboard shortcuts for toggle pause and play state, move to the previous track and move to the next track 0.1.3: 1. Better playlist! 0.1.4: 1. For audio tracks, a seek-able wave-surfer is replaced the old poster image 2. playback rate is now adjustable. 0.1.7: 1. Supports live stream (m3u8) 2. Supports folder drop and recursive media file search
- (2020-08-18) v.aruna Chalam: simple and very nice
- (2020-07-25) Sikay Chung: Lightweight and has everything I need, especially speed playing the local files in Chromebook.
- (2020-07-21) Kunal Chaudhari: Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to change the playback speed of my videos and had to search for an hour till i found one app that could do it. Thanks....
- (2020-07-16) Ken Gachoki Njuguna: Useless.
- (2020-03-31) Darryn van der merwe: kak
- (2019-10-06) obglobgablob: ""Media Player" is a browser extension to play music and video files either locally or from an online source." Except that it doesn't let me play local files. It just tries to download them again and then open them in VLC player. If all it was going to do was play local files using another media player I already have then I would have just used that media player in the first place. I'm trying to play them in Chrome so I can cast them and it isn't doing it. Uninstalling and not wasting anymore time with this plugin.
- (2019-09-06) Joel Royce: For older chromebooks this app is awesome media player. Even for new ones this will give good compitition to other since it is so light weight and has all the necessary functions. The volume percentage is not showing in full screen mode using arrow keys as it is showing in window mode. Please fix it.
- (2018-12-09) Gamer HD: Хороший плеер, ещё бы сам встраивался в страницу, чтоб не перетаскивать в него треки. Поддержка flac, ogg, opus, m4a - всё, что мне надо)))
- (2018-11-19) Milan Stojanovic: doesent work
- (2018-08-25) Alex Godbout: useless
- (2018-08-24) saundra pandian: good app.
- (2018-04-04) Htet Aung Khant: grate
- (2018-02-17) Nelson Silva: Yes...
- (2018-01-25) Gary How: Lightweight and very useful as a simple media player.
- (2018-01-21) Meghal Pandya: Tried to use it as a media player to stream mp3 files from my hard disk to Chromecast audio. I cannot add a folder, cannot create a playlist, cannot shuffle music and cannot cast it to Chromecast. What a gyp!
- (2018-01-12) Kemosabe 88: bely bely goood oo
- (2018-06-11, v:0.1.4) David Null: subtitles