Music Visualizer for Google Play Music and YouTube. Press ' f2 ' once loaded into a webpage to start visualizing!
Website: http://flippoweb.com A small material UI with a library of many different modifications to the Google Play™ music website and YouTube™. This extension is not by any means near complete or stable. Contact the developer at [email protected] to send in any information you would like to provide or do so via Chrome Web Store™. INSTRUCTIONS: -open Google Play™ Music or YouTube™ -Start playing music or a video -Press ' f2 ', it will open a menu on the right to activate a music visualizer and this is also where future settings will be. What's New (Version 8.1) -Rewrote the entire source file -Many bugs crushed, including the "high pitch" bug -Improved performance -Settings save - (requires storage permission) -New GUI -New keybindings -No persistent GUI that interferes with the page content Finished Modifications(still will be tweaked) -Music Visualizer (bar, waveform, and ambiance) -YouTube™ integration -ui overhaul (new menu system) -Brought back the album art background! Click the album art on the bottom left to activate. -Overhaul to how the visualizer detects the audio source -Settings will save In Development Modifications: -More settings for customization -Setting to multiply the height of visualizer Future Modifications: -Small Window Mode(similar ui as the mobile version) -ui color picker -Night Mode -Any suggestions? https://github.com/GreysonFlippo1/MusicVisualizer Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
- (2020-07-28) iRokr: It's nice, but it shows a pop-up on literally every YT page and there doesn't seem to be away of disabling it even after pushing F2. :/
- (2020-02-20) Cédric Barbazange: TOP
- (2020-02-15) Axon Imari: Basic and does what I wanted - simple and clean.
- (2020-01-02) Jay H: Really cool bud! And light weight. Don't suppose you're looking for dev support? would love t contribute. keep up the good work
- (2019-12-23) Chas Blakemore: Pretty awesome extension, thanks for taking the time to code it up and work on updates/new feature implementations. Using it on all my machines now. Excited for updates allowing control of the frequency binning and such.
- (2019-12-05) jeremiah taylor: amazing
- (2019-11-14) Ian Formanski: really love this, adds more depth to YouTube with bars or change to wave and knocks out the video playing, which is perfect if you don't care about the video and just want to listen to music. Thanks for making this, ;)
- (2019-10-21) Drew Bishop: Used to be good. Way too many bugs now. Constantly reminds me of number of audio sources connected on EVERY website, causes certain button elements on random websites to be 10x their normal size, randomly causes music to play at 20% it's normal speed. Not worth bugs on half the websites I use.
- (2019-10-03) Max Nargang: Awesome except I used to use it on a chromebook that does not have an f2 key and so I am not able to open menu. Other extensions have the option to change shortcuts in a section of the extensions menu and I think it would be cool if you could make it so you could change the f2 to something else through that menu.
- (2019-09-29) Carlos Lopez: Love this new update. Love configuration panel. BUUUUT, now I cannnot edit my queue of songs when I am using the visualizer. Please fix!
- (2019-09-03) Erickson Adam: I've wished for this functionality to come back ever since Google pulled it out. So much nicer to be able to display something interesting on screen when playing music through the TV. This extension works great, is easy to setup and use, and does exactly what I'm looking for.
- (2019-08-19) Другой Данил: this app is great! so my friend why did you create this big ugly button? it's too much to see it always on a screen - what about use of an original icon in a toolbar?
- (2019-08-07) Alex Farioletti: I liked the visualizer, however it sped up my music and the button also appeared on youtube.
- (2019-07-13) Sam Smith: It just works, great to have access to a decent visualiser, though I would love some more graphical options, it's still well worth the 5 stars where it is already
- (2019-06-28) Luis Robles: I like the extension, but it increases the tempo and the pitch of the music. Restarting Chrome fixes the issue, but I don't want to be dealing with that.
- (2019-02-15) Bob Dog: muito bommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
- (2018-12-07) Marie Davidson: Really like it! Adds some spice to my life lol. Based off of my initial use there are a couple things I think would be cool to add/change: - The middle of the track progress bar is kind of hidden but I think it'd look better if it were flat or "on top" of the visualiser - color the bars based off of album art or by choice - save settings Thanks so much for making this! I really enjoy it!
- (2018-12-04) Jesse Koyen: Doesn't seem to work with the current version of GPM. No activation button showing.
- (2018-10-21) Jaga Tranvo: Works once I disabled: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/audio-eq/lfafdlnjaliaghpjdajmlcnnblkgcefh?hl=en Can't have both running at the same time.
- (2018-10-12) Alexander Popov: It will be cool if you add options for the width (number) of columns, their height, frequency, and so on. Also, extension should save its settings, I think.
- (2018-09-28) Chris Karg: Pretty cool, i highly suggest it
- (2018-09-12) Thomas Harrison: Amazing little nifty extension for customizing GPM. I would like to see the settings save after closing, also there is a glitch where after leaving the window inactive for a short amount of time the audio will become higher pitched and faster. Unfortunately this is a deal breaker and I am disabling the extension.
- (2018-09-12) Stephen Kimble: My review has two parts: the visualizer itself, and its integration with the play store. The extension, as other reviewers have wrote, unfortunately affects the pitch of the songs that are played, increasing their pitch. Once you hear it, you can't un-hear it again and the only good way to remove the affect is to uninstall the extension. I would happily make this a 5-star review if this problem was fixed. The visualizer itself, is great! The options are flexible and it works without a hitch. It does a good job of displaying the visualizations either over the normal play store page, or over the album art. I have no complaints and does exactly what I would want.
- (2018-08-19) Sean Kenney: Simple use with stock-looking appearance! Glad to have full screen album art back. Wish I could toggle to album art mode on with the esc key however.
- (2018-08-03) Benjamin Park: Visuals were cool, however it appears the pitch is changed or the tempo. Noticed on my favorite song which starts with rapid hi-hat notes.
- (2020-06-28, v:8.6) Scott Mintz: Chromecast
The extension works great until I turn on Chromecast. Then the extension loses the audio source. Is there a way to get it to work with Chromecast?
- (2020-06-02, v:8.6) Grant: my computer does not have f12 keys
My laptop does not have f12 on the keyboard
- (2019-11-07, v:8.5) Cecilia Wadlington: music
would not work
- (2019-09-24, v:7.0) Betchina Valentin: music
i can't go to the google play music is not working
- (2019-01-17, v:6.70) Eric Austin: Album Art Alternative
Is it possible to have the option to just have the background be replaced with a solid green color instead of the album art?
- (2018-12-07, v:6.70) Marie Davidson: Suggestion
I think it would be helpful if the queue could be shown over the visualizer, with the album art up etc
- (2018-09-09, v:6.50) Thomas Harrison: High pitched audio after leaving the window for short time
Multiple users have reported higher pitched playback after leaving the window inactive for a short time. This extension is really cool! Please fix this.
- (2018-07-27, v:6.50) Higher pitch vocals sometimes
I just left a review and didn't see this Problems area, so I guess I'll mention it here as well. The vocals of the songs sometimes gets higher pitched, like the singer inhaled helium. It's not Alvin and the Chipmunks high, but it's noticeably higher. It doesn't happen often, and when it does a simple refresh fixes it, but it's a little annoying and caused me to uninstall it a while ago.
- (2018-06-18, v:6.50) William Shoup: Finding the "+" after hiding it....
yeah, the title pretty much asks it.. enabled the bars, and saw the scale option and the "hide '+' button". hit the hide, and now i feel like an idiot, not knowing how to reverse it.
- (2018-05-19, v:6.50) Sebastian Amann: Increasing the frame rate through Task-Manager
I've noticed that turning the priority for the visualizer's process greatly increases the framerate at which the bars are being drawn. Doing this requires opening the task manager, searching for the GoogleChrome process that takes the most CPU-Work and setting it's priority higher. @Greyson Flippo is there a way to increase priority for you from inside the code?
- (2018-05-13, v:6.50) Yanick Gendron: DON'T WORK
STAY AT OFF, CANNOT CHOOSE ANY VISUALIZATION. AT THE END, CRASH CHROME
- (2018-05-08, v:6.3) Alexander Popov: There is some noticeable delay. :(