Manage and synchronize your Philips Hue lights with the beat of your music or your screen.
The best music and screen syncing app for your Philips Hue lights. Functionality: - Synchronize your lights directly with the beat of your music from an active Chrome tab, microphone or your entire system. - Synchronize your lights with the average color on your screen. - Customize your perfect party atmosphere with a variety of configurable options. - Turn lights on/off, change the color and brightness of the lights. - Customize the brightness range of each light. This is especially useful when grouping Hue lights of different maximum lumens. - Put your lights into strobe or colorloop modes. - Randomize the color of your lights. For optimal beat detection you may need to adjust the sensitivity slider on the Music tab. Huegasm Lite is now available as a separate extension without the music/screen syncing, but completely free. WARNING: Flashing Hue lights may trigger seizures for people with photosensitive epilepsy. Use at your own risk. FAQ: Is Huegasm available on other platforms? Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hoboman313.huegasm iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/huegasm-for-philips-hue-lights/id1403108485 My lights start to lag or get unresponsive. Sometimes they continue flashing even after I turn off the music. What's happening? The Hue system has very real limitations as described here: https://developers.meethue.com/documentation/hue-system-performance#systemThroughput (requires a registered account to view) The Hue bridge can only handle so many requests a second before it starts to queue any additional, incoming requests to be run at a later time. Try lowering the beat sensitivity if you notice this happening to you. It is also recommended to not run several Hue applications at once as they may clog your system and cause performance degradation. For best performance, it's recommended to use v2 of the Hue bridge. Huegasm isn't changing my lights to the music coming from my Chrome tab. What's wrong? First make sure that Huegasm is listening to the correct Chrome tab. When you click on the big button on Huegasm's "Music" tab, a blue rectangle should appear by the tab title indicating that Chrome is sharing its audio stream with Huegasm. If you've ensured that this is working correctly, try turning up the beat sensitivity through the slider on the "Music" tab. Do note that the volume of your music also affects the sensitivity of beat detection. I get a "Uh-oh. Failed to retrieve your system's media stream: TrackStartError" when I try to listen to "System". What's wrong? This is a known Chromium issue. In one reported case it was caused by connecting multiple monitors via USB and in another it happened on a system with surround sound. Refer to: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=716732 and https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=702433 Why does this extension require the permissions that it does? "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit" - needed for all extensions that interact with extenerla web pages. Huegasm needs this to be able to listen to to the music from your browser's tab. "Capture content of your screen" - needed to capture the sound coming from your system. Also used for screen syncing. Huegasm does not collect any information about you and has no server component.
- (2019-08-10) Tidemann Norli: Very good app, nice interface and I love that it is avaliable on so many platform. I really miss the ability to sync lights to music as a group instead of individual blinking lights. What I would like is that all light in a room or a group change to the same color at the same time. Otherwise everything I want
- (2019-03-27) Keyboardsheep 82: I would give this a five starts but in the first five minutes of me using it with my lights, the music mode got stuck on. I tried unplugging and plugging back in the philips hue hub, I tried turning my lights on and off, I even tried uninstalling the extension but the lights kept flashing. In the end I had to factory reset my hue bridge to fix them. HUGE PAIN. If they can fix that bug I will definitely give this five stars.
- (2018-12-28) jase250: Very impressed with this - my lights are definitely flashing in time with the music with imperceptible delay. Just a couple of things: I'm using the Chrome tab to sync to Spotify and playing through my Echo setup, but there is no beat detection on any setting except for the max. I suspect this is resulting in the previously mentioned 'queued requests' in the Hue Hub, as I fight for control of my lights back after I switch off the extension. It would be great if there was a bit of more smarts with the beat detection, such as hitting all the lights together on a major beat (e.g., hard cymbal hit for rock, resumption after a drop for dance etc.)
- (2018-11-25) Martin Sázavský: Výborná aplikace! Možná by nebyl špatný nápad notifikace pomocí bliknutí. ;)
- (2018-10-21) Matt Hovey: I have been wanting a hue app I could use on my desktop for halloween/xmas light displays. I have found it. I immediately bought the full version and synced my lights when they arrived. The lighting controls are easy to use. My computer line out has a bit of static so I lowered the sensitivity a bit. I also like that I can chose all lights or independent groups. In future releases I would like the ability to group 2 or more lights to flash simultaneously. Also, a bigger control panel to tweak colors, lights, beat detection etc would be awesome. I can see Huegasm become the leader of hue light control.
- (2018-09-23) I don't ever make extension reviews, but this extension (if you can even limit it by calling it that) is so extraordinarily excellent that it deserves my 5 stars. Listening to Joywave Live at the Planetarium with this app running for music reminds me why I bought my Hue lights in the first place. Unlike the official Hue Sync app, it surprised me that none of the same strange 'hanging' my lights would do for seconds on end happened here, and it was a welcomed surprise. You can tell a lot of work went into this and it was more than worth the $6 CAD I paid for it. If you have Hue lights, this is THE penultimate sync experience. Try it for yourself.
- (2018-09-14) Dan Bryant: I purchased it immediately after my trial was up. I only have 3 hue bulbs right now, but it syncs with them flawlessly. Lights will still pulse after It's told to stop listening, but I do have the sensitivity up so that could be it. Do not hesitate, definitely worth the $6.
- (2018-08-08) Dan Horton: Great product. No seriously, GREAT PRODUCT!!! When I bought my lights originally this was what I had expected out of the box. between this and Synapse 3, (A third party Free software from Razer) all my lighting expectations have been met. **However,** Unless I've missed it I have not seen support for castable devices (Smart TVs, Chrome cast, Roku ect.) with this its easily worth double maybe even triple the price.
- (2018-06-06) thebest1979ful: too expensive
- (2018-04-09) Scott J: This is the best app for linking your screen to your Hue lights with almost NO delay! Don't hesitate to buy this, it's totally worth it!
- (2018-03-30) Daniel Obot: Did the trial, was really impressed. Definitely something will/would recommend to others. The app version is also pretty cool too.
- (2018-02-20) Juston Perez: Searched around and nothing is as easy to use, on beat with no lag, or as good of effects. I looked for Alexa skills, and iOS apps. This is the best.
- (2018-02-06) Kelley Brown: Really in sync with the music. However it does not turn off when I click "stop listening." The lights will continue to go until I close google chrome. Only issue that I'm having. Best app for music sync overall tho, after trying many on multiple platforms like android and pc an ipad
- (2018-02-04) Son Do: Ever since I started using HDMI from my laptop to my surround sound, this is the best thing for hue lights I have ever seen in my life!! The lights beat to the music so perfect and no lag at all! Nothing else comes close to this......This is a great thing to show off when you have friends over chillin listening to music. This is one of the BEST! For Real!
- (2018-02-02) Franco Zangari: yes the lights cont. when no music is playing but overall really great music sync.. def buying once the trial is over..
- (2018-01-10) Jethro Lampitt: I have three lights. The music player works very well when you have messed with the Delay and sensitivity. It can use a tab, the system sound or the microphone(not tried). Easy to use.
- (2018-01-01) Henley Bailey: Great extension, excellent support too. Nice to be able to sync the room lighting to movies playing through my chromecast easily.
- (2017-12-20) Kees Flodder: Nice plugin, but cant buy it. I dont use creditcard because I'm Dutch. Can you sort out like other pay method?
- (2017-12-09) Radityo Akbar: great extension! I suggest to add more customization for the light settings. overall I love it.
- (2017-11-29) Dean Franks: The extension is great! When it works... Unfortunately I have four lights, and it loses them randomly, sometimes dropping to to, then three, then 1, very annoying.. paid for pro.
- (2017-10-06) Jeff Miller: Works great! Best app to sync Hue lights with your music. Perfectly on beat
- (2017-08-01) Gavin Cowie: Office happy hours much happier now!
- (2017-07-29) David Shoffitt: Lights do not move rhythmically at all. They either flash repeatedly or do nothing.
- (2017-07-25) Ning Cao: good
- (2017-07-20) - Knjn -: Wow, I'm using the trial, I think it said you get 14 days, but it's only been about 5. Besides that I'm impressed, you need at least 4 lights from what i can see to start seeing the effect. My current room has one normal hue bulb, 2 blooms and one light strip. I'll be getting the pro version soon.
- (2019-11-23, v:2.11.0) Andre Campbell: Refund please
My son recently bought this extension without my permission to use my card, so if I could get my money back and you can cancel the extension that he bought, that would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely A Concerned Parent
- (2019-08-05, v:2.10.1) Jānis Bērziņš: How can I purchase this addon?
The buy button is disabled for me.
- (2019-07-21, v:2.10.1) Damian Grzegorzak: Huegasm doesn't react to music
I bought the huegasm on Chrome cause I was really suprised by the web (legacy version) how well it worked. I wanted to have it a bit easier to use the hue strip to sync it to music but it doesn't work. It doesn't matter if I have it on Chrome tab, microphone or computer setting when it comes to source, it barely reacts to anything. When I put sensitivity to max then its blinking like crazy and it doesn't look like it syncing to music at all. The web legacy mode worked very good. Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Ver 1903 Chrome ver 75.0.3770.142
- (2019-06-10, v:2.10.1) Lloyd DeSilva: Retry for Verification
Huegasm extension states it needs a list of extensions to verify prior purchase. Extension used to work fine unistall/reinstall of Chrome Browser. Version 75.0.3770.80 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2019-05-13, v:2.10.1) Chris Banks: trial for Windows 10 (Chrome)
I downloaded the Chrome extension months ago to give it a try. i never had the opportunity till now but the trial extended before i could play the first song. Are we able to restart the trial? i would like to compare this to Hue Sync, but need to see it in full action before spending $6
- (2019-01-23, v:2.9.5) psyhoboyfromhell: bridge problem
i love your app but there is small problem .. i use a repeater to my internet connection and the ip adress change very often so the extension needs to push the button of my bridge every time.... there are other control programs that even the ip change they dont disconect from the bridge..so there is a way.... i apriciate if you fix this.... and if you tell me what to do like an update or re install the extension.
- (2018-12-30, v:2.9.5) Sean Arthurs: screen sync
Looking to purchase your app but how does it sync to what is on your TV? and is it limited to apps like netflix and hulu...
- (2018-12-10, v:2.9.4) scott miller: huegasm not sharing.
I love the app, use it while gaming to sync with screen, great ambiance. but now when i try to sync with my screen I get "uh_oh failed to retrieve your systems media stream. type error- failed to execute createObjectURL' on 'URL' No function was found that matched the signature provided."
- (2018-12-05, v:2.9.4) Insane: Light gets stuck on strobe
Hi, I have had your extension for a while and everything was great, it all worked perfectly however, recently when choosing to listen to the system when using music as a strobe sync the light will stop listening and start flickering out of sync and after stopping the extension from listening it will continue to flash until I cut power to the bulb itself.
- (2018-10-11, v:2.9.0) Manuel Gotzen: Payment
Hello, i luv your App, but i can only pay with paypal. so, let me know, how. thx & HAVE A GOOD TIME greetings, Manuel Gotzen