An audio streaming extension that seeks for links to music and recordings on the sites you visit.
Extereo is a Web Extension which scans for references to audio sources in the sites you visit and enables you to easily create playlists with them which you can listen to while you browse the web without having to keep multiple tabs open. UPDATE: after the Chrome Web Store forces extensions to use Manifest V3, this extension will no longer work as background audio playback will not be supported anymore.
- (2021-05-06) Paul Newman: Love it! Allows you to browse a site with an audio file and add it into the extereo player and leave the site without having to stay there. Can do this for numerous files as well and create a full playlist. Would be cool if it auto saved lists in case you had an accidental browser crash. These don't get stored unless you export the playlist manually. I had this happen before with 20+ files and had to go into history and retrace my steps to get those files added back (my fault since you CAN save playlists, but manually). Would also be cool if you could hover over the song/audio file and have it show the entire name of the audio file. If the title of the song/audio file is too long, you have to click the chain-link icon to go directly to the song/audio page to look at the url for the full name.
- (2020-02-21) Shawn Garlick: This extension has been amazing for the longest time, even when it was having a memory leak issue back like 3 or 4 years ago. Unfortunately I have to give it 3/5 stars as it is constantly using at least 50% of my i7-8550U CPU (quad core w/ hyperthreading @ 3.7 GHz). So unfortunately I have to dock it some stars because it has to sit disabled unless I actually want to use it.
- (2019-03-06) Yash: Its awesome, i am absolutely loving it, Thanks developers for making my day. Yes, this works with vivaldi also, i.e. not CHROME only.
- (2018-02-14) Angel Bell: exactly what i needed
- (2017-06-10) Omid Soleimani: doesnt work on Audiomicro.com
- (2017-04-18) Daniel Campis: Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks
- (2017-01-06) Silvia Mejia: excelente aplicacion
- (2016-10-25) Serhio Luchini: Oh, i found it, oh i find it!!! Era of clouds comin.. Very good and usefull app for online mp3 playing and searching! Author PLZ add some functions: repeat one track + repeat all playlist, and plz do ability to edit names of added tracks (oh no, i find this funky func in favorites of ur app)! Also we need to set the WIDTH of app's window coz some trax-names are too long and the window takes just half of my screen by height and width (I want it almost fullscreen). THX a lot again! Woooha, great app)) I's a first day I use it, i haven't tested it much yet, but I wont wonder if it can play in background Youtube's playlist too.
- (2016-06-19) 馨温: thank you very much!
- (2015-05-28) SANKAR CHAKRABORTY: wow thanks.. now i can preview the song before i download ..
- (2015-02-11) Giuseppe Celsi: Utilissimo per ascoltare gl i mp3 linkati su una pagina web creando delle playlist automatiche o manuali. Valutazione solo buona, perchè è migliorabile: ci sono poche opzioni e personalizzazioni.
- (2014-10-11) Shawn Garlick: I really like this add-in/extension a lot, but I've noticed that it seems to have a memory leak as I was just watching Netflix after using it on a website that I help out and it was causing my Netflix to stutter, so I loaded my task manager and noticed that it was using 1.7 GB physical memory for no reason whatsoever (I ended the chrome.exe process and it was the thing that crashed). I just re-moved it and re-added it and so far it seems ok. Either way, this is a very nice extension and I think I'll be keeping it around. :)
- (2014-08-05) D: Exporta las listas en .m3u, pero n puedo escuchar las canciones en el reproductor del navegador.
- (2014-07-12) Mark Cornett: Extension should be included with Chrome by default.
- (2022-03-22, v:4.1.2) delicious: Chrome shooting itself in teh foot again
perhaps you could make an entire web page dedicated to play audio and communicates with this extension playlist? i know nothing about scripting...
- (2017-04-28, v:3.4.4) Rob M: Seems to be broken on Chrome 58
Since updating to Chrome 58, Sound Pirate doesn't work anymore. Every site I used to use it successfully on no longer works. Please update!
- (2017-01-13, v:3.4.4) Rubén Cabrera: what codecs support?
what codecs support? support formats wav gsm 8000hz?
- (2016-08-23, v:3.3.2) Partnership Offer
Hello! I represent the company EXT.GURU. I have reviewed your extension, and I would like to invite you to work with our company. I have analyzed, that your extension "Extereo Audio Player" can bring you a guaranteed high income. You can get the maximum profit with our automatic service for monetizing browser extensions, while our advertising is not annoying or malicious, and does not prevent the extension of functionality. Our system optimizes traffic from around the world. We provide coordination of all the nuances and suggestions of webmasters. Payments are carried out upon request during one hour at a convenient system to you. We would also like to note that our system does not interfere with other systems of monetization, you can plug in our program as an additional method to generate an income. If you have any other extensions, we can discuss. We look forward to collaborating. Sincerely EXT.GURU team. Contacts ICQ: 654784658 Jabber: [email protected] Skype: extguru [email protected] email: [email protected]
- (2016-06-21, v:3.3.2) 馨温: say hello from china
I'm a student in china. I'm trying to develop a music extension that can play music while I'm using chrome. After long-long time searching. I find that your extension's play music function suits my needs perfectly. But i can't find the source code :) I decide to write it myself. Here is my problem. Is the music function must be placed inside the "background.js" to make the music can be played even not open the "popup.html"? If it is, I think I have to write a simple player on my own, looks so tough. T_T Thank you for your great idea!
- (2016-05-04, v:3.3.2) Shawn Garlick: New Permissions (04MAY2016)
Hello, So I've noticed that Extereo was disabled in my Chrome so I decided to re-enable it and to my surprise it stated that it was disabled because it needed new permissions, so I was looking at those required permissions and I'm just a little curious as to why it would even need to touch my Bookmarks, why would it need to manage my downloads when it didn't need to before, and why it should need to read and change all data on the websites I visit...? What? Please clarify, I touted massive props for this plugin/extension/addon and now it's asking for some hefty permissions just to play an MP3 file in temp download...
- (2016-03-05, v:3.3.2) Bruno Saraiva: Did not find pls or m3u link on page
I tested this extension to play www.morow.com directly on Chrome. That website has three different links in it, but I couldn't get the extension to find either... Bottom line, it did not work as I understood it would.
- (2015-05-04, v:2.6.5) Jean Accoceberry: bwf extension?
can it plays audio bwf files ?
- (2014-10-11, v:2.6.3) Shawn Garlick: Memory Leak
I've noticed that this add-in seems to have a problem with a memory leak as yesterday I caught it having used up 1.7 GB of my physical memory (no big as I have 16 GB total) but had I not caught it it would have kept growing. I don't know why this happened but I thought I'd bring it to your attention. I had to re-move it and re-add it to chrome to get it to fix, and I'm testing it out again to make sure it does or does not start leaking memory.