Differently Imported: addictive electronic music player for Di.Fm
***** DI HAVE STOPPED FREE ACCESS FROM 3RD PARTY PLAYERS! ONLY PREMIUM USERS CAN USE THE APP I'M AFRAID! SORRY!! ***** Visit www.di.fm/trial to try out premium for a week for free, and consider signing up :) Premium? Go to http://di.fm/settings and copy your 'Listen Key' from the green box. No need to save the changes (so you can use Di.Fm's site as normal anytime.) Paste your listen key into the player Settings one time only. Pick your channel and rave on. A supercharged chrome extension for Digitally Imported Premium users. Find us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/DifferentlyImported/ 4.3.76 - New Channel: Synthwave 4.3.74 - New Channel: Future Bass! 4.3.71 - Option to have a static icon. on request from Ilya Kiseliov 4.3.70 - User feedback improvements and bugfixes. A new favourite channels list, a track progress bar, and fixed an issue that was stopping a PC going to sleep. This is all resolved. Enjoy :) 4.2.70 - 2 new channels released. v4.2.57 - Downloadable PLS Files! v4.2.5 - 5 New Channels! 4.2.4 - Last.fm Scrobbling. Thanks to Svenja Berggren on Facebook for this suggestion! :) (v.45-last tweaks) Some things you may not know about Differently Imported! *You can drag and drop the Album Art from the App! Either to the browser to view it full size, or directly to your desktop to automatically save the picture as a file without any prompts or messing around. * When the new song title hasn't been provided by DI yet, (sometimes it can take a few seconds) the Button flashes the chevrons to show that the App is waiting for a new title. *There are 4 servers across the world, and they all provide (very) high and low(er) quality audio. If you're having problems with streaming audio cutting out, try a different location. Just hit 'Settings', *Every button and option is labelled in the background for text-to-speech readers that assist the visually impaired. *The Visualisation is being rendered live from the audio. It is not an animation. Try turning up the volume, watch the waveform response change in real-time! *You can change your Listen Key if you lose your device or have it stolen! Digitally Imported have an option on their webpage at DI.fm/settings. You can update this App with a new key anytime. Happy Raving! Previous releases. ***HAD PROBLEMS? CHROME "42.0.2311.90 m" BROKE EVERYTHING. V4.2.2 FIXES IT.*** V 4.2.1 - ctrl + doubleclick pops out the panel into an app :) 4.2.0 - interface improvements,*HotKey *Alarms and Timer* *A volume slider!* Version 4.0.0 Awesome new Skin! Version 3.4.0 1080p+ Visuals Version 3.2.0 Unlocked the free stream! 3.1.2 3 NEW channels! Thankyou DI! :) Drumstep Dark PsyTrance Dub 3.01 *The channel list switches channel 'on-change' now.* *Completely rebuilt the audio processing core of the app.* *Completely abused the new audio processing core to generate realtime visual feedback.* *Double checked all pre-existing functions, and actually beta tested a release for once.* 2.81 Added volume % tooltip. Added song title tooltip. Added all dropdown option tooltips. Added version number. BugFixes Fixed channel list going off screen. Fixed volume control slider bug. 2.80 Reskinned the whole thing this time: killed that hideous play icon, (sorry about that) Made everything bigger, Added tooltips for hints and accessibility. 2.70 Updated to include Di.Fm's New and Beautiful 320k stream. Option for lower bandwidth (streams quicker for slow internet connections - this is what you've been listening to pre v2.70). Icon now alters when playing. 2.61 Displays Song Image (if one is available). Redesign of window and Layout. Network and Status messages on error. Feedback Link. please use it :) 2.50 Track display. Multiple di.fm servers Di.fm now updated WITH 4 NEW CHANNELS -------------
- (2020-09-18) Maxi Priest: not work
- (2019-12-23) Jeff S: Works great on my Chrome PC browser. I listen to it all day and love how fast it is to switch between favorite channels. Unfortunately, it seems to disappear on my Pixel Slate. When I click the extension, it disappears and becomes disabled. I can re-enable it, but it simply disappears if I ever click on it, which is necessary to add my listen key or pick a station.
- (2018-02-02) Kate Johansson: Works great, and lets you listen in the old-style radio stream format instead of DI's new track-based format. Love it!
- (2017-10-23) Oleg B: Not working - bad quality
- (2017-07-28) Daniel Jump: I have same issues as David McCoy (stream randomly stops sometimes), but it's a minor thing. Extension is otherwise great.
- (2017-05-22) redmanticore: works, handy. still updated. nothing to complain.
- (2017-04-16) Dmitry D: No sound
- (2016-11-02) Love this extension, used daily for 8+ hours a day.. Only two issues keep me from giving a 5 star rating. 1) The stream frequently/randomly stops playing and I need to manually restart the stream, this happens several times a day. The extension needs to know when the stream has stopped and be able to restart itself, or just not stop at all :) I've tried US 1 and 2 servers, same issue. 2) When the stream does stop, I can't click the play button of the currently chosen stream, it doesn't work. I have to chose another stream then go back to my original stream. If those, especially number 1 could fixed, this would be awesome! Would even be willing to pay a couple of bucks to support the dev to purchase the extension.
- (2016-06-25) Rahul GR: Finally i can now run DI without accidentally closing it. Moreover covers all the essential features. Would be nice if we could sync our favorites from our account.
- (2016-05-26) Ilya Kiseliov: Very handy and covers most of the features. Keep up the great work!
- (2016-03-24) n ascentt: Unfortunately now premium only. I think the ui's great. No complaints
- (2016-03-17) Konstantine Dzugan: Terrific extension, does exactly what it says. I actually found this while looking to see if DI had made their own yet (hint hint DI). One feature that would be very appreciated, however, would be favorites or at least hiding entries from the default channel list. In daily listening I generally hover around 4-8 channels and alphabetically they run down the entire alphabet so quick switching is not convenient.
- (2016-01-29) Mike M JF: love it.
- (2016-01-28) Дмитрий Перов: DI отключил прослушивание из сторонних плееров. Не работает :(
- (2015-10-18) Riccardo Piccinato: Perfetto e comodissimo
- (2015-08-18) Lajos Jankovics: Five fukken staaaarts! I love it. I's simple, sounds better and superior!
- (2015-07-06) Sean Ochoa: Oh man. This is the BEST extension... all others need to take note and follow this pattern. The etension does something useful -- and the extension's UI doesn't suck.
- (2015-05-18) Robert Smith: awesome extension. there is no other extension that does it, and this one is very solid. definitely recommended. feature request: LastFM scrobbling
- (2015-04-25) Antti Pelli: This is really great !
- (2015-04-22) Arkadiy Arkadiy: I love the extension. BUT, I don't like the logo in the middle + large radio buttons on the right. UI needs to be redone.
- (2015-02-10) Дмитрий Сушко: Немного аляповатый интерфейс а-ля Windows 95, но зато простой: выбор из скролл-бара нужной станции, play, stop и громкость, а так-же возможность открыть визуализатор в окне браузера и поддержка премиума (если есть подписка). Интерфейс бы более эргономичный и будет 5.
- (2015-01-29) Rikke Wend Hartung: Easy to use, works brilliantly. Thank you :-)
- (2015-01-29) Robert Prest: Great app, really easy to use - keep up the good work!
- (2015-01-23) fojerbachas: VERY good.
- (2014-12-18) Walter Edmondson: Gotta be premium, but if you are this extension rocks!
- (2019-01-31, v:4.3.76) Michele Capobianco: Sound is not playing
Hello Iam a huge fan of your extension. I also have a Premium account on di.fm. But since a while the Extension stopped to play music. I can choose the channel, i see the "Sound art" but if i hit the play button there is no music playing. I even see the Progress bar of the "track" But no music is playing. I tryed to uninstall and reinstall the extension, i renwed the Listen key. But nothing helps. Any ideas? Redards Capo
- (2017-10-20, v:4.3.74) Fraza Monz: Does not work
When you put my Premium key it it wont work. Nothing plays no picture of the station.. nothing. When you take the key out and leave black it seems to play as picture come up and you can see a playing bar but no sound. I have reset my key and used new key but makes no difference.
- (2017-06-19, v:4.3.74) Andrew Hoover: Crashing
I saw someone else report this problem but now can't find it. The extension crashes when I click on it. When I navigate to the extension manager DI is listed as "in need of repair". after repairing the button comes back but it crashes again if I click on it.
- (2017-06-09, v:4.3.74) Allan Laal: does not work
crashes when I click the DI icon and crashes again when launching after I hit Repair in Chrome Extensions page
- (2017-02-28, v:4.3.74) Tim Hockin: Need to turn off visualization, please
It eats too much CPU, I don't want it.
- (2017-01-27, v:4.3.74) Emily Jensen 8B Provstegårdskolen: not working
this app is great, but not not working after
- (2016-09-01, v:4.3.74) Max Deepfield: failure
this app is great, but not working after DI.FM usage policy update.
- (2016-05-26, v:4.3.70) Ilya Kiseliov: Chevrons never go away
First and foremost - great extension - thank you for all the work. DI.fm is amazing and everyone should have a premium subscription to support the site, imo. In one of the updates you mentioned that chevrons should only show when the title is not available. I can see the titles in the popup with no issues, but the chevrons just keep chugging away as long as the music is playing. If you are unable to reproduce / troubleshoot, is there a way to make it optional? Maybe just a "play triangle" for when the music is playing and "stop square" for when it's stopped (which is already there, I believe). Thanks again.
- (2016-02-10, v:4.2.70) Ben Waismark: Audio stream preventing sleep
Running chrome 48.0.2564.103 on win10. Had this problem for a while, just found out this plugin was preventing my computer from sleeping. (Even when not playing)
- (2016-01-08, v:4.2.61) Jescat Silverclaw: only premium ads without music
I listen notifications only about buying premium. How switch player to free listener ? In options indicate di.fm free.