Sends the current text selection with 1-Click to Google Maps.
Send to Google Maps allows you to send a selected address or POI on any website directly to Google Maps. You no longer need to 1.) copy the address or POI 2.) open a new tab 3.) enter http://maps.google.com 4.) paste the address 5.) press the search button All these steps are done by "Send to Google Maps". Therefore the extension adds an item to the Context Menu if text is selected. By right clicking on the selected text the context menu opens and you can click on "Send address to Google Maps". A new tab will be opened and automatically search for the address on Google Maps. And if you need directions: Just go to the options page and enter up to five favorite addresses. They will be available in the context menu to easily get directions. Also, you can select company names, names of sights and a lot more on any webpage to get directions to. Just try it out! It's not limited to addresses only... Also, you can get directions from your current position. Just enable it in the options menu. You need at least Chrome version 22 to install and use this extension. Update 2.0: ====================================== - Get Directions: You can now configure up to five addresses at the options page to easily get directions to and from a selected address on any website - Browser language detection to localize your Google Maps Search Update 2.1: ====================================== - Minor Bug Fixes Update 2.3: ====================================== - Minor Bug Fixes - Browser language detection to localize the options' page search results Update 3.0: ====================================== - Major changes to meet Google Chrome's new extension policy - Added "Where am I" and directions to user's current position to the context menu - Added country selector to optimize search results within optins menu - Context menu restructured - Reworked the options page Update 3.1: ====================================== - Fixed error to correctly show all menu entries after Chrome restart Update 3.5: ====================================== - Added options for default transportation modes. You can now set the default travel mode to either driving, waking, bicycling or public transport. - Added options for context menu customization. You can now remove all sub menus for faster access to "Show on Maps" or just add the sub menus you require. Unfortunately, Google Chrome Extensions don't allow to place multiple context menus entries on the top level of the context menu. Based on all your feedback I added this option to reduce the depth of the context menu. - Fixed broken address auto completation on options page. - Added internal usage statistics for further feature optimizations. Update 3.7: ====================================== - Added shortcut support. Press Ctrl+1 (on Mac Cmd+1) to directly open Google Maps with the current text selection. - If you have entered favorite addresses, you can use Ctrl+Shift+1 (on Mac Cmd+Shift+1) to open Google Maps with directions from selected Text to first address. Use Alt+Shift+1 to open Google Maps with directions from first address to selected text. - This also works for the second address, but Google does not allow extensions to add more than 4 shortcuts. But you can add manually here: chrome://extensions/configureCommands - Fixed typo in address spelling ;-)
- (2019-06-08) Henk Mos: Doet precies wat hij moet doen. Heel handig
- (2019-01-30) sreekanth krishnan: Very helpful
- (2018-10-16) Jake Diaz: No idea why isn't this already built-in to Google Chrome. Fantastic tool that saves me a lot of time.
- (2018-08-28) slscsi: Too many adds.
- (2018-04-09) Michael Philips: I don't like it taking over the CMD+1 shortcut to open Gogler Maps and there's no way to change it! Ridiculous. Uninstalled.
- (2018-01-25) good job.
- (2017-11-21) Benjamin Pratt: Works well. Please fix typo on options page. "Address" is spelled with ony one D where you are supposed to enter addresses. Then I will give it 5 stars.
- (2017-09-21) thed33pblue: Just what the Doctor ordered!
- (2017-07-17) PAK U: good needed
- (2017-07-17) Mohamed Ali: exactly what I needed
- (2017-06-28) Henry M: Can use Tasker & EventGhost to get Transit info from SmartWatch, great!
- (2017-03-10) Rip Ryness: Exactly what I needed
- (2016-12-25) W. Zhang: Have been using "Map to This" app for a while. It is very good. But if you need to map the distance of the searched address to multiple locations, then you need to use this app. The only thing I wish the developer could change is to remove the addresses themselves behind the home, work and the other three locations (since you could input Five addresses). We all know our home and work addresses. And also since we are allowed to name these five addresses, then why do we want to see the full details of the addresses again and again? If you forget them, then you could always go back to the option page. The current format makes you do one additional click. I would prefer just one click of the home, work, or the other three named locations, and you are there.
- (2016-10-25) Susan Stagner: all it does is ask for donation where the hell is google maps
- (2016-07-24) Craig Prosise: This does EXACTLY what I was looking for and more. Easy to customize searches.
- (2015-07-26) Youssef Edward: works as expected...Google should offer to buy it!
- (2014-12-19) Adam Sacasa: I was a little skeptical but it actually works so far. Thanks!
- (2014-10-18) Vova ZM: Perfect!!!
- (2014-09-19) Cheap Cars Finder App - Autopten: Why I didn't install/search for this extension before?? thank you!
- (2014-06-16) Jeppe Skovgaard Sørensen: Nice... but I would love if it could handle a list of addresses. Also it would be nice with an option for what zoom level it should open in.
- (2013-12-01) Pavel Pribyl: Skvělé!!!! :)
- (2013-11-26) Mario Behncke: Funktioniert!!! - und außerdem sehr praktisch
- (2013-11-11) alison totten: Would really appreciate a tie-in w/ user-specified locations as saved into google maps. I always have to enter in my HOME address for example, which i have saved and is my default when entering google maps. Other than that, doesnt seem to crash my chromebook, which is a good thing ;)
- (2013-10-27) Great extension. One feature request, though: I'd love to be able to set the default travel mode to something other than car.
- (2013-10-07) Veeresh Devireddy: Really cool application. It saves my lot of time while mapping between multiple addresses.
- (2019-04-22, v:3.7) Robson Grant: Google Custom Map integration.
Is it possible for you to add the option for pointing to a custom Google Map?
- (2018-06-15, v:3.7) Rene D: is there a way to havet his without all the sub menus ?
i would like to just search google map for directions from my current positon or from home without too many clicks. just select, right-click -> "directions from home" "directions from my position". is that possible ?
- (2018-06-12, v:3.7) Dev Patel: PLEASE MAKE SHORTCUT key configurable
`CTRL/CMD + <any number>` is a browser native shortcut for going to tabs directly. As a power user, I don't want to change it at all. Please give option to disable key shortcut or to have option to configure it to liking. Till than this extension remains disabled on my computer.
- (2018-03-03, v:3.7) Dan Kollinger: Address is not in right location
Sorry "Our Address is "NOT" where you say it is, it is 35 Degrees 08 Minutes 20.576 Seconds N, 112 Degrees 30 Minutes 16.733 Seconds W, 2145 West Ranch Rd Ash Fork.
- (2018-03-03, v:3.7) Dan Kollinger: Address is not in the right location
Our Address is where you say it is 35 degrees 08 minutes 20.579 seconds N , 112 degrees 30 minutes 16.733 seconds W 2145 West Ranch Ra, Ash Fork, AZ. We can't get any deliveries and people can't find us. Can you please fix this on Google Maps
- (2018-02-15, v:3.7) Saved Addresses
Hi, Do you have plans to allow more than 5 addresses to be saved? The extension is fantastic and it would be even better if more addresses could be added. Thanks D.
- (2018-01-31, v:3.7) afaye chen: Is it able to disable the hotkey?
Hi there, I’m using it on Chorome of OSX. It seems in the current version of this extension, command+1 becomes the function of opening a new Google Maps app. Actually I don’t need this feature and also I use command+1 to switch to the 1st tab often. So, is there anyway I can disable this hotkey or change the setting somewhere? Thanks!
- (2018-01-30, v:3.7) Send to Google Maps - Options Page Always Loading
Send to Google Maps - Options Page Always loading on boot of browser. And, when I wrote this and selected "Problem" it does not allow a send or post option, so I had to tick the "Suggestion" option.
- (2017-12-28, v:3.5) Francis Ng: Open in NEARBY tab
when i send an address to map, can you please make the tab that opens to appear next to my current tab, instead of at the end of all my tabs? this would be highly useful. thanks!
- (2017-12-11, v:3.5) Igor Lutsevich: Choose time
Hi! Do you think you could add departure time as an option? Thanks!