SoundCloud Dark Theme
All the code is available on GitHub: https://github.com/iamdiogo/DarkCloud This extension is open-source, so feel free to use or edit it if you want. With this extension, you'll get a darker themed SoundCloud for those who prefer it, either because it looks cooler or it goes easier on your eyes! Feel more than free to contribute to it on GitHub, for bug corrections or even new ideas. Let me know if you found a bug! Changelog: v2020.01.28: Thanks to MyNameIsJulian and Franckevicius: - Fixed featured profiles text - Fixed the badge in featured profiles Thanks to MyNameIsJulian: - Made body font slightly thicker for readability - Fixed delete playlist button icon v2019.12.8: Thanks to Franckevicius and MyNameIsJulian: - Fixed "Comments disabled" box - Fixed empty profile page Thanks to MyNameIsJulian: - Fixed "Unlock Previews with SoundCloud Go+" 10.11.2019: v184.108.40.206 Thanks to MyNameIsJulian: - Added better color integration with footer soundcloud logo - Fixed blur of "view all" box in library - Made font on small buttons a bit thicker - Added dark theme for pop-up hints and tips to new users Thanks to Franckevicius: - Fixed white highlight when hovering over playlist expansion in stream - Fixed upload limit panel in stream 11.10.2019: v220.127.116.11 - Fixed interaction area on old album layout (thanks to Franckevicius) - Fixed white "Remove from Next Up" 11.06.2019 v1.0.8 - Minor bug fixes: bottom soundcloud logo, notification alert border, text in dashbox (thanks to MyNameIsJulian). - Fixed gradient on long user descriptions (thanks to balbinus). 23.04.2019 v1.0.7 - Compact tracklists and comment pop ups are a little brighter for readability (thanks to MyNameIsJulian). 27.11.2018 v1.0.6 - Fixed UI components for adding and editing songs. 26.11.2018 v1.0.5 - Fixed white components on playlist pages. - Fixed some general broken UI components. 28.01.2018 v1.0.4 - Fixed messages page that was still white. - Fixed a bug where a panel was invisible. 17.10.2017 v1.0.3 - Seriously optimized the extension. 15.08.2017 v1.0.2 - Fixed the upload page, that was still white. 14.08.2017 v1.0.1 - Fixed some minor bugs in some pages that were still white. 14.09.2017: v1.0.0 - Released the extension. Hurray!
- (2020-02-11) Tom Barker: Perfect
- (2020-02-08) ibad grammar: amazing
- (2020-01-16) Ian Thompson: Worked perfectly and is almost the exact same thing to the mobile dark mode for mobile!
- (2019-12-27) Gábor Bacsa: Priceless! Thanks!
- (2019-12-07) Dillon: It works perfectly.
- (2019-11-05) Elyas: You have no idea how much my eyes love you now rn. I really appreciate your work!
- (2019-10-30) Zach Lamirande: Works great. Appreciate your work for our pleasure brother
- (2019-10-28) Harshal: Very nice. I thought Soundcloud will bring dark theme, but they didn't got it on PC. This extension works fine for me Diogo Silva great work.
- (2019-10-04) josh franco: I love this. Well done.
- (2019-09-24) Alien Savage: works great as intended as of 9/24/19
- (2019-09-08) Jennifer Robinson: this is great
- (2019-09-03) CordingWater6: Carefully, this man is a hero
- (2019-08-30) Victor de Groot: Just works!
- (2019-08-28) 4N0NYM0U55: awesome
- (2019-07-31) Avery Viv: utterly amazing
- (2019-07-25) Kris Cools: on point, clean transformation. Already feel the difference for my eyes.
- (2019-07-22) Charles Dem: let-s go - cheers man.
- (2019-07-14) omni 9: Sick feature that soundcloud should already have implemented
- (2019-07-14) Catostrophic Monolith: I was looking for a way to not strain my eyes while on SoundCloud, I got that. Although I did, some things like the play button in the bar at the bottom was gone. I am still able to press it, everything else is fine though. It would be very appreciated if the bug/glitch or whatever it is would be fixed. Overall, nice extension for listening to memes while not straining your eyes.
- (2019-07-13) Jerryl Nicolas: its really good
- (2019-06-24) Markus Klenk: Works fine, doesn't change to much other than the background color. Perfect for listening to music while sitting in a dark room
- (2019-05-01) Junaiya: sick
- (2019-04-24) GLOW IN THE DARK CIA: Literally the reason the sight is failing is because it rapes peoples eyes, this extension fixes that in an instant. <3
- (2019-04-02) Gregor Schimanek: beautiful and essential extension
- (2019-03-29) grate job simple and easy!!!
- (2020-02-15, v:2020.01.28) TJ Ryan IV: Toggle
Just wondering, is there a way to suspend this plugin? Like a toggle. Love the plugin though. Thanks.
- (2019-11-10, v:18.104.22.168) xNoqh: Change to Dark
When you go to Profile -> Reposts, one of the UI-elements is still all white
- (2019-10-13, v:22.214.171.124) dylou: BUG!!!
The extension is really useful, but there is a bug! BUG: Profile - > window with the number of likes (for example 272 likes) view all - > scroll down. And it will be seen that the panel with the avatar and nickname is not dark, but transparent and it is not convenient! Make it completely dark, please!
- (2019-10-10, v:1.0.8) IB_M1: Grafics are wrong
The button for the option of "Remove from Next up" is compleatly white. The text only come up if you hover over it and wait.
- (2019-09-16, v:1.0.8) adrian ajx: Liked Tracks
When viewing liked tracks, less than 100 show, and paging or infinite scroll does not kick in. I have over 1000 liked tracks, but with Dark Cloud enabled I cannot view them. I raised the issue to Soundcloud and their advice was to disable the addon. Unfortunately, I will have to follow this advice if I want to view or listen to my liked tracks history.
- (2019-07-25, v:1.0.8) Kris Cools: DarkCloud - download icon not visible
Hello, thx for the great dark theme. I already feel the difference for my eyes. Just noticed one inconsistency. Under the 'more' button of some tracks you can choose to download the track file, the text of this option is visible but the icon isn't. Here is where I noticed it https://soundcloud.com/ketaloco/don-cabron-fuse-main-room-hedonism-1242019 Kind regards, Kris
- (2019-05-31, v:1.0.7) Jaylon Garcia: just a huge thanks
tnks for this simple yet smart idea !
- (2019-02-20, v:1.0.6) Josue Cota: I dont know how to activate?
I don't know how to turn it on, is it supposed to run automatically when running SC or am i supposed to click the button when I'm on the site. I need help please.