Replaces the text 'pro-life' with 'anti-choice'.
Those who stand against a woman's right to decide what is best for her own body prop themselves up as righteous saviors using a problematic framework of rhetoric and religion. The term "pro-life" is inaccurate in this argument – although it is a powerful tool in the fight against women's health rights – as it serves to demonize individuals who are pro-choice by suggesting that in their support of a woman's right to choose what is best for her own life, they also advocate for death in some way. Tired of seeing the fraught term "pro-life" used ubiquitously and incorrectly, we conceived of this extension to shift the language of the discussion towards a more accurate framework. Using the language of pro-choice and anti-choice eliminates the sneaky and damning implications of a model built around "pro-life" versus pro-choice language. Pro-choice advocates are not anti-life, anti-choice advocates seek to eliminate a woman's right to choose. A conversation built on pro-choice versus anti-choice language is a more accurate one, and is one that does not vilify those who identify as anti-choice any further than their own actions would suggest.
- (2016-11-10) Simone Menier: More options would be nice, but a great thing to have around. Arguing over its validity or usefulness from a political or personal perspective is stupid, by the way. No adult changes their mind about abortion based on this sort of trolling. Get over it and install the extension for anti-choicers if you wish. It's still a free country. Maybe.
- (2016-03-11) Jennifer Keyser: I liked it until I was reading about a litter box that "antivide[s] a tray that will cut costs for cat owners". I have to get rid of it now or I'll be beating my head into a wall trying to figure out why I suddenly can't understand English. Needs work.
- (2016-03-10) Margaret White: Call a snake a snake! You're not pro-life if you don't support social welfare, sex ed, refugees, etc., and are pro-military, pro-guns, pro-death penalty (!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS ???). This is simple. I love it.
- (2016-03-04) Carrie Ruston: language is important....and pro-life has never been an accurate description for people who are all about controlling womens bodies and personal decisions..in fact, i would take it a step further and argue that they are anti-life...they want to send women back to the days of back alley abortions...also, when you question them on the death penalty, SNAP, etc.........their "pro-life" talk becomes known for the bs it really is...ANTI-CHOICE-the way I have always referred to them
- (2016-03-04) Alex Wall: nice.
- (2016-03-03) PixelHunter 597: Absolutely perfect! "pro-life" defenders are nothing more than birth loving maniacs who care nothing for the mother or the child once its born.
- (2016-02-25) Jessica Chen: Please add a way to disable it on certain sites. For example, I sometimes rant about "pro-choice" vs "anti-choice" on my journals, and it would be rather confusing if every "pro-choice" word got changed to "anti-choice"......
- (2016-02-23) Antonio Baldelli: Orwellian extension
- (2016-02-23) purpandorange: If you are so weak in your stance on an issue, that you have to hide from certain words in order to remain strong in your position, then you are probably on the wrong side. If the evidence backing your position is so flimsy, that your only way of keeping that position is pretending that no one disagrees with you, then you are a horribly pathetic person. Maybe you should be more critical of your own positions? You know, like rational people do, instead of picking a side, then doing everything possible to not have to do any self-evaluation. You might actually end up taking a stance that is backed by real evidence, where you don't need an extension to hide any sign that there are positions on an issue that are different from yours. This is childish, the fact that extensions like this exist is a sign that we are slowing the development of emotional maturity in adults. Now fully grown adults need "safe spaces" because they can't handle facing reality. Absolutely pathetic.
- (2016-02-23) Sam York: This is awesome. I have always felt that the words "pro-life" is just a misnomer for people who want to restrict women's reproductive freedom. Thank you for making this extension.
- (2016-02-22) Delurus Osideen: I'm deeply troubled this extension changes my words to offensive hate speech. Does this Extension record me too? Does this extension send back information? If it can read and change my positive words into hate speech, it likely has the ability to record and save everything I type to a liberal collection point for extortion and blackmail use at a later date.
- (2016-02-22) bob smith: Typical liberals, they don't want to hear anything that challenges their views.
- (2016-02-21) Christopher Schilb: Cool! Now, can we get an extension that changes "Pro-Choice" to "Baby-Killing"?????
- (2016-02-21) David Luckie: This extension is patently illegal. Editing the work of others without their express consent or any claim of ownership of the original material is not permissible under federal copyright law.
- (2016-02-21) Chris Breisch: I love how liberals are so afraid of words and free speech. This extension perfectly demonstrates how fragile the liberal world view is.
- (2016-02-21) Scott Wallace: Unsurprising that the American Left can't handle the big-boy words, and must resort to self-censorship just to get through the daily news. Who is installing this extension? Only self-fascistic liberals who must hide from reality. It's a sad commentary on yourself if you must install this in order to get through your day. It's a big, scary world out there, with thoughts and ideas that are different from your own. Crawl out of your shell, engage on ideas rather than shield your own mind from different things. Remember, this extension doesn't hurt anyone but yourself. Are you really so scared that you would install this?
- (2016-02-20) Linda Armstrong: Perfect!
- (2016-02-20) Cat Chapman: Simple and effective.
- (2016-02-20) Claudia Nichole: This is fantastic. The term "pro-life" is a misleading, biased, propaganda term that hardly describes what people are who aim to strip away women's reproductive rights and health care.
- (2016-02-20) Aaron K: Using the deceptive term 'pro-life' instead of the more accurate 'anti-choice' is a HUGE pet peeve of mine, so I absolutely LOVE that someone actually made this!
- (2016-02-19) Caitlin Dickerson: Yes! Awesome!
- (2016-02-19) Chloe Olewitz: Excellent!
- (2016-02-19) Rose MacKenzie: Yes!! This is perfect!
- (2016-02-17) Danielle Castaldi-Micca: love this!
- (2016-02-17) Emily Zahn: This is fantastic!