Roll any-sided dice in Chrome's Omnibox using dice notation.
Roll is a dice roll extension that lets you roll any-sided dice in Chrome's Omnibox using dice notation. Roll can roll multiple dice with any number of sides and can perform basic addition and subtraction after the dice rolls. To use Roll: 1. Type "roll" into Chrome's Omnibox (address bar). 2. Hit TAB. 3. Type in your dice notation ("2d6", for example). Update v2.4.0: - You can now also use roll by clicking the extension icon in your toolbar - If you wait about a second, Roll will show the result of your roll in the search suggestions - Fixed an issue where the input did not stay focused, preventing enter from re-rolling Update v2.3.2: - Fixed an issue where the stylesheet would not load. Update v2.3.1: - Fixed an issue where Roll opened in the wrong window. Update v.2.3.0: - Roll now opens in your active tab instead of opening a new tab each time. - Added a form that allows you to roll again with the same or different input. - Roll results now show in the title of the tab. - Fixing an issue where Roll sometimes shows a blank page after refreshing. Update v.2.2.2: - You can now create shortcut for your dice rolls. For example, '1d20 attack' will create a short cut such that 'attack' performs a '1d20'. - Roll now supports fudge dice through 'df' or 'dF'. Update v.2.1.0: - Roll now uses Mersenne Twister for more natural random numbers. - Roll displays errors when parsing user input. - Inputs like 'd(n)' now get interpreted as '1d(n)' instead of failing to parse.
- (2019-01-02) Cameron MacKinnon: Very useful!
- (2016-12-31) Mischa Krilov: Very easy to use and super handy. Plus a responsive developer, which is awesome. It even does Fudge dice now!
- (2016-06-13) Devon Lehman: Works exactly how I wanted it to. Uses the omni-bar for the easiest access possible
- (2016-05-08) Alex Wilson: Pretty cool. I like the simple function and design in the address bar. Simple to use. Follow the instructions (type "roll" then TAB).
- (2015-09-06) Justin McFall: Definitely works if you follow the instructions (type "roll" then TAB). Works quickly and intuitively, my only complaints are: 1) It opens results in a new tab every time and 2) no option to re-roll the same dice. Rolling hp (7d8-7) I had to retype that 4 times and close 4 tabs afterwards. Otherwise, I love it!
- (2014-08-12) michael criswell: Doesnt Work!!!!!!
- (2014-02-27) Jonathan Haley: tried several times, with several notations. Does not work.
- (2013-09-16) Obinna Onwuka: Does not work.
- (2017-04-17, v:2.3.2) Shawn Graven: Roll without new tab
Is it possible to have the results pop up as a recommendation instead of a new tab?
- (2017-04-17, v:2.3.2) Shawn Graven: Enter
Enter does not re-roll after one use
- (2015-10-10, v:2.3.0) Peter Schwier: Wrong window
Roll overwrites the active tab in the first window not the window that I had active. Ex. Open a window. Open a second window. Type roll d8 in the second window. The roll appeared in the first window.
- (2015-09-29, v:2.2.3) Peter Schwier: Title bar
Any chance you can make the number show up in the title bar/tab of the page as well as in the body. Ex. 1. I type "roll d444" and press enter. 2. I get a new tab that is titled "Roll d444" that has a content of "result:282". Any chance you can make that title be "Roll d444=282"?
- (2015-05-11, v:2.1.0) Mischa Krilov: Fudge dice?
Hello again! Have you considered adding Fudge/Fate Dice support? Mischa