A simple extension that blurs out words you don't like
Blurs our any text containing any user-specified blacklisted words. Mouseover the blurred lines to show the text. Update in Version 1.2: - You can now toggle whether the blur goes away on mouseover. Updates in Version 1.1: - Button to toggle blurring - Blurs entire object in feed usually now
- (2020-07-08) Amy G: Thank you for saving my brain from unnecessary drain due to unwanted topics when browsing for research. It does not work super great on Twitter, but I understand that they are always changing how that website is rendered. Thanks again for creating this! Would donate if you have a donate button. All the best, Amy
- (2020-01-13) Vincent: Would love it if it could hide before the page is fully loaded so we could hide sensitive informations on livestreams or videos easily. Here, it shows for a few milliseconds, but it's already a lot
- (2019-10-16) Lavi D'souza: hide it to avoid certain words
- (2019-09-24) Jarad C: Oh MY GOSH! I Flipping LOVE this extension. I would PAY for it if it had the ability to REMAIN BLURRED when my mouse pointer hovers over the text. Any way that could be included in the next update? I use this for a lot of screencaptures and I always have to edit out the sensitive information in post-production which is a NIGHTMARE.
- (2018-04-28) hello violet: Really great! Using it to avoid certain words and spoilers for movies!
- (2020-07-27, v:1.2) Iris Degnes: New Feature
Hi, when i add words, it seems the whole "element" is blurred out, not just the one word. I would love to see a feature where I could draw a box (or multiple ones) so I can blur out the areas on a webpage I don't want to show in a video capture I do. It should then also stick to the page when scrolling so it stays in the areas that where marked. Would be a real time saver!
- (2020-03-22, v:1.2) Samuel Eisenberg: More info/potential buyer
I am interested in more information about your App for a potential partnership/buying the program. Please contact me: [email protected] so we can discuss further. Thanks
- (2019-09-24, v:1.1) Jarad C: Blur When Hovered Over Too Possible?
I love your Chrome extension. When I hover over an element though, it unblurs. Is there any way you could create an option or setting to keep it remained BLURRED? This would be the best plugin ever if so.
- (2019-02-21, v:1.1) Clayton Alvarez: Missing features
I like to use this extension, but missing backup for listed words, whitelist, option to disable mouseover and, when refresh the page, occur a certain delay to blur the listed words.
- (2018-01-04, v:1.1) David Ogletree: Disable Mouseover
Is there a way to disable the mouseover feature. I want it to blur no matter what until I turn off.