Don't want to see a specific word or phrase? Personalize what you see with "my terms."
My terms allow you to identify a word that you no longer want to see and replace the word with another term that is friendlier for you. You can choose up to 5 words to replace or simply make disappear by not entering a replacement word. For instance, hate the word moist? (Sorry, Krista). Well, enter that word for us to "Find" and the word you'd like to see us "Replace" it with. When the page loads, we'll replace all instances we can find, and we'll do our best to match capitalization. This is an early version, and there are going to be bugs. Let us know what we missed, and we'll work quickly to fix it.
- (2019-12-13) Jaclyn Brockschmidt: Works great!... except when I try to type something on Twitter, it keeps moving my cursor to the left... Didn't try it on other text boxes to see if the problem occurred elsewhere. But this is enough of a downside to warrant an uninstall. I'll happily reinstall and update my rating to 5-stars if this gets fixed.
- (2019-07-31) Lexwhy: This works perfectly But makes me write backwards in facebook.
- (2019-06-03) Cassian Lodge: I've seen some reviews saying it messes with typing so I'll keep an eye out for that, and if it's a problem I'll get in touch. But mainly I don't understand why it's limited to 5 words! I really want to add more!
- (2019-01-23) Rasmus Nielsen: Works great. Does what it's supposed to.. - BUT since I installed it I can't highlight particular in-line parts of text.. It shift the highlighted area to the whole line or paragraph left of the cursor, and then lose the selection when I let go of the mouse button.. It would be great if you could fix this so that I don't have to stop the extention every time I need to highlight something. - Otherwise 'really happy I found this.
- (2018-12-23) Mikell Darling: Breaks everything from Facebook chat to flash animations.
- (2018-10-08) Eli Helms: How do I use it?
- (2018-06-18) Amelia Scott: Good app but doesn't work when typing
- (2018-03-31) nori: I liked the concept of this a lot but it became increasingly frustrating to use after ten minutes of having the extension. It replaces the words as it states, BUT as others have stated, the words will come out backwards and I cannot delete anything, as well as the cursor automatically sticking to the far left. If this can be fixed, I'll try the extension out again but right now it's too much of a hassle. :(
- (2018-03-28) JokerFan1940: it does its job, but also makes the cursor stick to the far left of text boxes sometimes which prevents me from typing anything. I currently just disable it whenever I need to use google sites or canva for class, but that is really inconvenient because I mostly use this to block out my deadname on school accounts so not being able to do that defeats the point to a certain degree.
- (2018-03-26) Fall of Dawn: It works really well but just a slight flaw. It changed the right name but since I put just my birth name(it's really common) it changes the famous people's names as well, so it would be helpful if you allowed it to change two words to two other words. (Just a transgender kid)
- (2018-02-28) Jamescar: The app works well, but sometimes when I'm typing, the words come out backwards and I can't delete anything. This extension is really helpful to me but I can't type anything. Please fix this. Thanks
- (2017-12-30) Steve Rand: Works fine but 5 is not enough.
- (2017-12-24) Adam McNulty: Simple and works. Please add more word capabilities. 5 is not enough!
- (2017-11-19) b x: 没用
- (2017-10-08) Torres, Isiah: this extension is great for school accounts that show your birth name ~That Transgender Kid
- (2017-08-12) Noe Lex Baraksó: it's amazing but it breaks my facebook.:C
- (2017-07-10) Sim danimal: Works as intended, but it conflicts with some sites. Thanks for this!
- (2017-07-07) Scot Hatfield: This extension worked wonderfully...up until a week or so ago. Then it started causing my cursor to jump to the beginning of my text boxes in Chrome. I made sure Chrome was updated, restarted, etc. Disabled my extensions 1 by 1 and when I disabled this one my cursor stopped jumping. I hope you address this in an update, because I enjoy using it.
- (2017-04-15) ciredan: Works well to replace my dead name, thanks
- (2017-04-06) Sarah Davis: This is a great RFID Reader Blocker. But it can't find and replace any words.
- (2017-03-16) Carl Rodriguez: more entries please
- (2016-12-23) Maria: It works well
- (2016-12-13) Leonardo Mendoza: Excellent app, very easy to use. Could use some more word entries tho...
- (2016-10-24) Derek Helmick: A+, would exchange words again. =)
- (2016-05-01) derpy153: Why not allow more words?
- (2016-01-04) Al Pal: needs to be able to allow more words. it would be great to have words organized into groups. Look at FoxReplace as an example of this
- (2019-10-12, v:1.4) Amanda Christensen: Weird problem with facebook.
So I've got it set to monitor all sites for word changes, but when I'm trying to type comments on anything for Facebook, it sends my cursor back to the beginning of the text box and wont let me fix it. The only way around this is if I tell it to only change words on click (and I don't quite understand how to get it to do that). Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated!
- (2018-10-08, v:1.4) Eli Helms: usage
It's not easy to figure how how to use it.
- (2018-07-03, v:1.4) these words do not work Great extension tho :D
these words don't work puppy to kitten puppies to kittens Nicolas Cage to this is a dead meme thank you hope it gets fixed soon (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧ ✧･\(◕ヮ◕ヽ) THX
- (2018-06-23, v:1.4) Can't open extension
I cannot open the extension. I was really excited for it, but there's no open and it hasn't been added to my chrome bar.
- (2018-05-09, v:1.4) More Words...also!
Hey there... as per an earlier request, I am limited to the 5 words. Any way of adding more please?
- (2018-04-18, v:1.4) Johnny Kalley: How do you change your name?
I want to use this to change my name however i'm unsure how please help!
- (2018-04-09, v:1.4) how do you use this
I can't figure out how to open this and start
- (2018-01-16, v:1.4) words
i want to use this to change my name but i don't know how to change the words
- (2017-11-03, v:1.4) confused
how do you use this?
- (2017-08-27, v:1.4) Laura Horton: downloading
i cant download the product because it keeps saying could not move extension directory into profile
- (2017-07-10, v:1.4) Sim danimal: Site-based Exceptions