This extension mute inactive tabs
This extension mute inactive tabs automatically. In order to make this extension work you have to enable tab audio muting UI control in Chrome flags To do so go to: chrome://flags/ Find Enable tab audio muting UI control. Click on Enable. Restart Chrome. Voila! Get pro version here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/really-mute-inactive-tabs/pjpajaodlaollgnoonbnlcpopkfcdajk
- (2019-10-25) Crossfire 951: Perfect - it just works. I did not need to change any Chrome flags, as there doesn't seem to be a muting flag in the latest version of Chrome.
- (2018-09-16) Zubin Shah: Amazing, exactly what i wanted!
- (2017-06-25) はるるたけべえ: この手のものは、大抵音を出すタブだけが対象だから、音を出さないタブをアクティブにしても非アクティブタブで音を出し続けるんだよね 音を出すタブをアクティブにしないと非アクティブタグを消音してくれない でもこれは音を出さないタブをアクティブにしても、ちゃんと非アクティブのタブが全部消音します
- (2016-05-20) uchiha charles: Great works fine
- (2016-01-15) Mike Loven-Crum: Nope, nope, nope...didn't work for me. Instructions state: "This extension mute inactive tabs automatically. In order to make this extension work you have to enable tab audio muting UI control in Chrome flags To do so go to: chrome://flags/ Find Enable tab audio muting UI control. Click on Enable. Restart Chrome. Voila!" No "voila!" for me. After doing the above, my inactive tab kept playing sounds. If I clicked the audio icon on the tab, I could mute the tab, BUT every time I opened a new tab, the audio from the muted tab would start playing again. Truly wish this extension would have worked as simply as it was described. :-(
- (2015-11-12) Pavel Kuybyshev: Voila... Extension do nothing (((
- (2015-11-11) Dennie Kirtley: Great plugin with a fatal flaw - though it does mute inactive tabs, it doesn't stop the video/audio in those tabs from playing. Thus, you still have media streaming/using up bandwidth. So, if you are, for example, watching a Netflix movie and open another tab, your movie will continue playing silently in the background and when you come back to it you've lost your place. So this is a good idea, crippled a bit by lack of real world testing.
- (2015-11-06) Michael Baker: Works for me. I use it for watching multiple football games on VIP Sports. I don't have to mute the tab before switching to another now. Hint: when you go to "chrome://flags/" to enable muting, use the find function and search for "audio" to enable audio muting UI control. The list of flags is huge and the search will help you find it.
- (2016-07-14, v:1.0) David Gerson: Multiple windows
In general extension works great! However... I have a dual monitor setup and often have two chrome windows opened at once, one to play a video, and the other to go through lots of tabs from news feeds. When I switch focus from the windows with the video playing, it mutes because it's no longer the active window, in focus. Suggestion: allow audio from the top-most tab in each opened chrome window.
- (2016-03-01, v:1.0) Rick Grunwald: Tuning OFF not working
At times I don't want to mute a non active tab. I click the icon and it says "off" but if I leave a tab that is playing it still shuts it off Great extension - Thanks