Remove Most Visited Pages by redirecting the new tab page to Google homepage
This plugin also modify your Google homepage by removing some elements to make it exactly look like new tab page. Pros • Removes Most Visited Pages. Cons • Typing search query in the URL bar is not yet possible, alternatively, you can use shortcut key • Windows or Linux: Ctrl + L or Alt + D or F6 • Mac: ⌘ + L • No theme support • Not recommended for users with slow internet connections Additional Features • Go directly to the website if search query is in url format (v2.1.0 and above) Upcoming features • Results suggestion base on browser history Source code: https://bit.ly/gh-cve-rmvps Releases: https://bit.ly/gh-cve-rmvpr Suggestions: https://bit.ly/gh-cve-rmvpi
- (2019-10-10) Martin Robitaille: This is absolutely great. Works flawlessly Question: Can you allow for dark mode (eg: morpheus extension) to kick in please?
- (2019-06-07) iday Yoee: 强迫症人群非常喜欢!nice!
- (2019-04-21) Jackson Greene: Very good. It removes bookmarks too.
- (2019-04-10) 程昊: 十分好用 简直无敌
- (2019-03-16) ZhangJie: this is not friendly when offline.
- (2018-10-07) Dušan: It works.
- (2018-09-27) Brilliant! Just what I was looking for! Thank you!
- (2018-08-10) edimilson franco Franco: does not work, this extension just remove my google background too
- (2018-08-05) Sparta121 Legend: noice
- (2018-08-03) Maolai He: 其实就是把新标签页变成了https://www.google.com/ 总算没有了那讨厌的历史记录框框
- (2018-08-02) little gay and ready to play: i like it, but the only reason i wanted this extension was so that i could be less restricted when having google backgrounds from ThemeBeta (as this place has the best and you can make your own google backgrounds.) however, this extension removed that option entirely, as it makes the background completely white and boring. very unfortunate, would have loved it if it dint tun the background white
- (2018-08-02) Yusuf Jamodien: slows down the loading speed of a new tab but look so neat with only a search bar. great stuff.
- (2018-08-01) Anton Trukhanyonok: Does not work as expected. Instead of hiding the most visited pages on the new tab page, it replaces the page with its own. As the result, the bookmarks bar on the top is hidden, although it shows up when I open the original new tab page.
- (2018-07-24) Angelos Drakon: Does what it says. No more surprises for other people when I open the web. Should be a Settings option in Chrome but until this (maybe never) happens this app does everything I need.
- (2018-07-23) Luis Fernando Hoyos Cogollo: I like it, although the new tab page lasts a little bit to load
- (2018-07-23) Galia Schmidt: Bad reviews just didn't read the actual description! Does exactly what it says (sends you to the main Google page instead of the stupid New Tab page with the suggested tiles), and I'm grateful for it. Thanks!
- (2018-07-19) Riley Donovan: Works just as described...in the description, the title however is overall misinforming. I thought i could deletoes the thumbnails whilst keeping the theme, that being my reason for wanting this in the first place. Would've been pretty cool if the title told me it deletoed the theme as well :/
- (2018-07-11) SARAVANAN RAMASAMY: Piece of cake! Thanks dude
- (2018-06-24) Julia Eccles: This is perfect until the new tab page can be modified again. THANK YOU!
- (2018-06-23) Sergey Binder: It could be renamed to "Not to display thumbnails of most visited pages". It is not the same as Remove, but is good for most of all.
- (2018-06-06) holic: good
- (2018-06-03) Tom McCutchan: Love it!
- (2018-05-22) Kevin Michaels: It just takes you to google .com If I wanted to do that I would already have a new tab go there. The point of removing the most visited pages was to see your background.
- (2018-05-21) Allen: Works perfectly, thank you.
- (2018-05-20) It just brought you to google.com, so it doesn't really work like it says.
- (2018-12-14, v:2.2.0) Option to move/position New Tabs to the far right?
Would it be possible to add an pption to move/position New Tabs to the far right? Thanks.
- (2018-07-03, v:2.1.0) Jill ALEXANDER: THEME SUPPORT
How do I get back picked themes? -- Jill
- (2018-06-29, v:2.1.0) madi d: How do i remove?
How do i remove this
- (2018-06-09, v:2.1.0) Dave Zrour: blank page
the theme that i have installed goes blank with this extension, I only see the search bar and such
- (2018-06-07, v:2.1.0) Никита Осенний: autohide bookmarks
If I use autohide bookmarks panel she is not displaed on new tab
- (2018-04-07, v:2.0.1) Brendan: .
does not work