Display tiny progress bar on YouTbue player even in the fullscreen mode
This extension adds a tiny permanent progress bar (ProgressBar) to the YouTube player. On the options page, you can configure the height and color of this progress bar. This bar is only displayed when the default progress bar of YouTube is hidden, even in the fullscreen mode! The idea is to have a permanent indicator of the progress state of the player. If the progress bar is too narrow for your display, go to the options page to configure the height. Features: 1. See the loaded percent (what percent of the video is buffered) 2. See the current player's position. 3. Updates these percents recursively every 2 seconds. 4. Almost all features are configurable on the options page. 5. Works for YouTube website and embedded YouTube players on any website. Change Logs: 0.2.0 Release: 1. The extension moved to manifest v3.
- (2022-01-25) Brett Charlton: Recently stopped working
- (2022-01-19) LL123 SunnyBoy: Nah!
- (2021-08-13) blue: Doesn't work.
- (2021-06-20) W: It works perfectly. I find it convenient that there is an option of changing the height of the permanent progress bar. Thank you so much!
- (2020-07-11) Kai Elvin: Does not work anymore.
- (2020-03-20) Matt Gomont Diagou: Doesn't seem to work
- (2020-02-29) Ashkan Rashidi: Awesome extension, does what it's supposed to do. i wish we could see the video time too
- (2019-07-02) Stefan B. Christensen: Love it! Simple as that... Just wish it worked globally for all HTML5 video objects in Chrome
- (2019-06-25) MangerzArt: Yep . it works 25/june/2019 . thx!
- (2019-06-22) Jawash Asalan: Nice idea! Works like a charm. You can also adjust the size. Would be nice to add other options like opacity and color but it's nice at it this too :)
- (2019-03-06) Leo Staley: One of my most cherished extensions. I wish the bar could be below the video instead of covering the bottom pixels, like an old script I used, before youtube broke it, but it might not be possible anymore. I also wish the color could be changed, but this is secondary, and also might not be posssible anymore.
- (2019-02-01) douglas carley: so far so good. it would be nice to customize the color though. red is a little distracting.
- (2019-01-22) Simon Andersson: Its does what it says and i like it
- (2019-01-03) Gabi Koonings: It's simple, it looks good, the only problem is that after a reboot, no matter if you saved it, it only saves for that session, so you will have to set it to what you want again yourself. They should fix that. Minor gripe, the width of the bar is just a tad wider then the active seeker bar, i have no idea why, make it either full screen width, or the same as the normal seeker bar, the same size makes most sense. Extra option i would like, which may not be as easy, is to move the standard YT bar to the bottom, so it will ALWAYS be at the bottom, and maybe on mouse over be thicker, preferably to a thickness you can also set, for easier control.
- (2018-12-16) Disciple de Jésus-Christ: marche pas
- (2018-11-06) BiLL Scorpion: Com a extensão ativa, em alguns momentos os vídeos não rodam, não funcionam, e só voltam a funcionar depois que se desabilita a extensão.
- (2018-10-30) Cory Roberts: Works perfect and now on embeds! Awesome for elearning websites where YouTube videos are embedded, now I can keep track of where I am easier.
- (2018-06-14) Gersivan Oliveira: Não funcionou.