Visual impairment simulation and auditing tools to develop for accessibility.
ChromeLens is a Google Chrome extension that provides a suite of tools to help with web accessibility development. - Lens (Vision Simulator) Interact with a website as a completely/partially blind or a colorblind person. - Accessibility Audit Run a website through an series of accessibility rules and easily discover elements in your website that do not comply with them. - Tab-tracker Key website features should be navigable solely via the keyboard (tab button), while not making the user jump through hoops to get to a feature. With the tab-tracker, you can visually track the flow of navigation through a website. Open sourced at https://github.com/chromelens/chromelens Built during greylockhackfest 2016
- (2020-07-25) Joshua Hargrave: I can't find how to actually activate any of the options, I've got the extension but i can't work out how to use the avaliable things it provides. tl;dr How do I activate and deactivate the provided tools?
- (2020-03-14) Desiree' Abbott: Nice free extension which lets you simulate the different kinds of color blindness. Perfection.
- (2019-03-03) Laurence Lewis: May have been useful, however it reflects ARIA 1.0 which was superseded by 1.1 some reporting is wrong. Case in point it does not recognize aria-current="page"
- (2019-02-28) Johan Idstam: This helped me soo much to make my corporate web site with statistics available for more of the concerned people.
- (2018-02-16) Alec Ostheimer: Great Work. I love it. Only annoying thing is that you are not able to clear the lines from the tracing the tabs. If you could add that feature that would be much appreciated.
- (2016-07-26) Nishita Wojnar: This is an excellent addition to the existing DevTools within Chrome. Unlike third party products and services (e.g. Photoshop), it covers a greater range of visual disabilities. I consider this extension a must for front-end web developers and designers. It's a great way of testing accessibility. Note to all users who are considering downloading this extension: - Although the extension icon appears at the top of the browser, once added, it can only be accessed from "DevTools" (Ctrl + Shift + I).
- (2016-07-13) Ed Torba: It simply works great and it's easy to use it.
- (2016-07-11) Guilherme Nascimento: Excellent, I tested all options that could, works very well.
- (2020-10-26, v:0.0.10) Mark Farrow: Chrome Lense seems to have stopped working.
Whenever I try to change the lense or enable it the website does not change.
- (2020-09-04, v:0.0.10) Surya Pratap Singh: Getting Started
I have added chrome lens's extension but when I click on it's logo it is not working and I am not able to see it in developer tool as an tab
- (2020-07-13, v:0.0.10) Eric Leslie: Tab trace not working?
It appears the tab trace functionality is no longer working? The button still activates, but switching back to the Chrome browser and tabbing around no longer produces a visual trace.
- (2019-07-16, v:0.0.9) Mukesh Rai: ChromeLens
I have open the dev tool, enable the chromelens and select the option "PartiallyBlindness" then click on chromeLens which is in enable form, When I click on this it takes me to the extention page.
- (2019-01-09, v:0.0.9) Kurtis Gallop: Cannot open Lens to use
Cannot open Lens to use
- (2018-09-06, v:0.0.9) "start trace" doesn't work
I just downloaded the app and "start trace" still doesn't work when I click the button.
- (2018-07-06, v:0.0.9) Beth Linnetz: ChromeLens doesnt work
In my toolbar, the icon is grayed out. Clicking on it sends me to the Chrome Store. I doubt that's the purpose of this extension, but that seems to be all it does. Any suggestions?
- (2018-06-20, v:0.0.9) Grey Maixner: ChromeLens GRayed Out?
Is this no longer being supported? I can't seem to get it to work all of a sudden. Thanks!
- (2017-10-24, v:0.0.9) Paul Waak: Green-blind vs Red-blind?
When I test against color wheels and the Google logo the green and red filters are hard to distinguish. It seems like they are both primarily targeting green. Is this right?
- (2017-08-20, v:0.0.8) Sankaran Namboodiripad: wifi
- (2016-12-19, v:0.0.5) Jason Day: Doesn't work on some sites
When auditing specific sites, the "run accessibility checks" and "start trace" don't do anything. Example site with issue: llbean.com
- (2016-09-25, v:0.0.5) Matt Snow: No borders to outline accessibility issues
When I run the Accessibility check, the list of issues appear, but when I hover over them, no border appear on my website to determine where the issue is. Also, Trace works but 'Download PNG' doesn't do anything. Am I missing something? Chrome 53.0.2785.116 (64-bit)
- (2016-07-26, v:0.0.5) Tiffani Reardon: Not working
I downloaded and enabled it, but the tab in the top right corner is grayed out and doesn't give me any options when I click on it.
- (2016-07-18, v:0.0.5) Justin Shanks: Remote debugger support?
I tried to use this tool while using the chrome developer tools connected to a nexus via remote debugger. I was not able to download the png after attempting to trace tabs and none of the other features seemed to work. Clicking any button under "chrome lens" did nothing.