This extension plays audio description track elements of HTML5 videos via Chrome text to speech extension.
IMPORTANT: Please activate the “Enable <track> element” experiment in chrome://flags/ This experiment MUST be enabled for the extension to work. This extension plays audio description track elements of HTML5 videos via the Chrome text to speech extension. For the extension that plays via screenreader, https://chrome.google.com/webstore/a/google.com/detail/mipjggdmdaagfmpnomakdcgchdcgfbdg Use this extension if you are not using any screenreaders or are using a screenreader that does not support the other extension, "HTML5 Audio Description (via screen reader)" https://chrome.google.com/webstore/a/google.com/detail/mipjggdmdaagfmpnomakdcgchdcgfbdg. and still want audio descriptions. Also works well as a developer tool. Note: - this extension doesn't use screenreaders to render the audio descriptions, so there may be a possibility of overlap in speech of this extension and speech of the screenreader. By default, Chrome will speak using your operating system's built-in speech synthesis (available on Windows, Mac OS X, and Chrome OS), or you can install additional text to speech voice extensions from the Chrome Web Store. Languages supported: - depends on text to speech voices installed on your system Keyboard shorcuts: For keyboard shortcuts, press alt + h while on a webpage or alt + ? while focused on a video; or refer to the options page of the extension. This is part of the Axs-Chrome open-source project http://code.google.com/p/google-axs-chrome/, which supports extensions that enhance accessibility. You can submit feedback to the Axs-Chrome discussion group: https://groups.google.com/group/axs-chrome-discuss?pli=1
- (2020-08-02) Creative Carve Cite Climb: Doesn't read any text, and no button is provided for the speech!
- (2019-02-06) Matthew Simpson: Works perfectly with HTML5 description tracks.
- (2017-11-22) Fábio Souza: Don't work
- (2017-07-06) Teja Raavi: What kind of Extension is this???? I've selected the text, but there is no option to tell this mediocre app to read it for me !!!!!!! Guys do you really test the apps before your even release ????? Pathetic is the only word for this kind of apps.
- (2017-07-03) prashant irole: how to use it ? i tried everything
- (2017-06-19) g cruz: im not sure how to use unclear instructions i tried alt+h but its not working im not sure how to get it to work if im having trouble either
- (2013-04-29) عمار العقابي: very nice