A completely free extension to read highlighted text via Text To Speech.
This is a very easy to use Text To Speech extension. Simply highlight any section of text on your page, then click the extension icon on your Chrome toolbar and it will be read back to you. The extension is entirely free, and always will be. Any and all feedback/suggestions are welcome, as I plan on continuing to update it as needed.
- (2019-11-27) Naresh Babu Kalakada: like it but please provide a visible stop button to stop the voice.
- (2019-09-20) Malvina Sherman: Nice for when I'm lazy :P It sounds terrifying on my friend's computer though
- (2019-09-01) Molly: works exactly like it says on the tin. voice is very easy to understand, if a tiny bit grating after a while.
- (2018-03-25) Joel Afamefune: voice is okay, clearer than most. like how you can click away to end the speaker. pretty good ext.
- (2018-02-07) Dimoni Foxi: As long as it works, and I don't have to read, I'm fine with a robot like voice.
- (2018-02-04) Alex Qxi: would be great if it continued reading in the background after I open a new tab to google something. apart from that, it's awesome.
- (2017-11-28) Sunny Kwan: PLEASE change the voice of the reader. Scared the hell outta me once I tried it. Everything else was ok.
- (2017-10-21) Ben Alder: Apart from the fact it doesn't read my page it worked great!
- (2017-10-09) Antony Tryputen: I need shortcut for read, cause start it from right top corner is too slow
- (2017-09-20) Tiago Braga: The idea is fine, but the main problem is not being able to change tabs or even open the browser settings without stopping the audio. Also, could have an easy voice speed setting.
- (2017-06-18) Aasterinian Rosewave: very mechanical voice but decent if your wanting it to read pages while you work on other projects around the computer
- (2017-04-26) Noah Schneider: Please, for the love of god, change the voice that reads everything.
- (2020-08-08, v:1.0) Akash A: How to stop it?
How do I stop in the middle of a read?
- (2018-06-04, v:0.1) talk and text extensions
extensions refuse to load on google chrome How to fix this?...
- (2018-06-04, v:0.1) chrome extensions talk to text
extensions refuse to load on google chrome
- (2017-05-20, v:0.1) should read PDF
If we open PDF in chrome so PR should read them. Add this feature too.
- (2017-05-20, v:0.1) local weboage not readable
PR can not read webpage which is store in my PC.Means if page is stored in PC folder or local hard drive then it con't by PR. In whatever(local or online) page the frame tag is in it can not read the PR.
- (2017-05-02, v:0.1) Radhika Talekar: some pages not readable
I guess there's an issue with page reader because it hasn't been able to read a few pages or paragraphs in select pages. I would like to know why this happened and if there are any restrain on page reader to read select pages.
- (2017-05-02, v:0.1) Radhika Talekar: Voice Options
Please provide more voice options and maybe accents so that certain words can be read in their original pronunciation.